• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

White_Widow18 #1 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Below is a time-stamped (by the game) image of my series awards for the JU 287
Spoiler

Here's the game I played after taking that screen shot - No deaths, means 10 GTs, should get an avalanche right?
Spoiler

Oh.. wait.. No.. no.. didn't give me one.
Spoiler

White_Widow18 #2 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
What I guess I'm saying is I hope Blindfold and the staff at WG read this..... Because this has been ongoing before and I was asked for screenshot proof. I finally remembered to actually do that and here it is.

I'd like it fixed, because it's kinda disheartening racking out medals and then not having them awarded. 

I don't know how many medals and series awards I've missed out on because they weren't counted, but yea.. I knew it was going on.. taking the screenshots today took a little bit of the wind of enthusiasm from my sails though.

Edited by White_Widow18, 18 March 2019 - 06:13 PM.

White_Widow18 #3 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Spoiler

Another game  that -should- have awarded an avalanche. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Still no change

Spoiler

White_Widow18 #4 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Clarification: This is not just happening with Avalanche, but -all- series awards and medals in my counts. 

It doesn't fail to add them or award them -every- time either, just about half the time it seems.

Edited by White_Widow18, 18 March 2019 - 06:39 PM.

legoboy0401 #5 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1880 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 18 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

Clarification: This is not just happening with Avalanche, but -all- series awards and medals in my counts. 

It doesn't fail to add them or award them -every- time either, just about half the time it seems.

Agreed. Though my screenshots don't work, I too have noticed this happen from time to time as well. It is really annoying.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

White_Widow18 #6 Posted 18 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlegoboy0401, on 18 March 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Agreed. Though my screenshots don't work, I too have noticed this happen from time to time as well. It is really annoying.

So far this morning/afternoon I appear to be unawarded a total of 3 doolittles, 2 langs, a half dozen avalanches, 4 or 5 flying starts, several turret gun kill ribbons, and a few others I'm certain I didn't notice or didn't count properly.. That is -just- this morning.

I can't imagine if this is happening to -us- we are the only ones, which makes me wonder how many of us have severely -under- inflated stats, as it were.

legoboy0401 #7 Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1880 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 18 March 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

So far this morning/afternoon I appear to be unawarded a total of 3 doolittles, 2 langs, a half dozen avalanches, 4 or 5 flying starts, several turret gun kill ribbons, and a few others I'm certain I didn't notice or didn't count properly.. That is -just- this morning.

I can't imagine if this is happening to -us- we are the only ones, which makes me wonder how many of us have severely -under- inflated stats, as it were.

Never lost any Doolittles or Langs, but I'm pretty sure I've lost a Thunder(at least 1), and probably maybe at least 1 Conqueror as well.

I've lost quite a few Subjugators, Avalanches, and Effective Fire s, however.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Captain

• 25582 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I doubt if most folks pay much attention.  Thereby the bugs sneak in and they can comfortably ignore them.

I have flown 6 battles today, 30% of them with Black Screens.   The last battle I had the game went completely bugzilla berserkola.   Time for a deletion and, yet again, another reload.    sigh

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

legoboy0401 #9 Posted 18 March 2019 - 07:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1880 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 March 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

I doubt if most folks pay much attention.  Thereby the bugs sneak in and they can comfortably ignore them.

I have flown 6 battles today, 30% of them with Black Screens.   The last battle I had the game went completely bugzilla berserkola.   Time for a deletion and, yet again, another reload.    sigh

By deletion, do you mean uninstalling and reinstalling, or force-closing and restarting the game client?

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

White_Widow18 #10 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
@Blindfold

Or well.. any WG staff.. any response to this?

blindfoId #11 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 20 March 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

@Blindfold

Or well.. any WG staff.. any response to this?

Hi and sorry for the delay. Thank you very much for taking those screenshots and sharing them with me. I understand that there's no achievement on the Victory/Defeat screen and in your profile but there's one in the post-battle, correct? We'll investigate what's wrong in here.

I should only remind you though that Avalanche is awarded for enemy ground targets. So if there weren't enough red targets destroyed you wouldn't get that achievement. Then the question is why it is displayed on the post-battle screen. :) 

Thank you once again for your report!

White_Widow18 #12 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 21 March 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

Hi and sorry for the delay. Thank you very much for taking those screenshots and sharing them with me. I understand that there's no achievement on the Victory/Defeat screen and in your profile but there's one in the post-battle, correct? We'll investigate what's wrong in here.

I should only remind you though that Avalanche is awarded for enemy ground targets. So if there weren't enough red targets destroyed you wouldn't get that achievement. Then the question is why it is displayed on the post-battle screen. :) 

Thank you once again for your report!

I appreciate its for enemy ground targets, but even accounting for that, I'll go over a red base and destroy 5 GTs in a pass and see no avalanche (literally watch the GT efficacy counter go up by 5 and all I hit was red targets). It doesn't show at the end of the game in the victory/defeat screen, it -will- show in post-game hangar battle review, but then it never shows in my achievements. I'm uncertain as to the exact nature, obviously, of what's going on.. but I'm going to say the post-game hangar battle review usually matches closely to what I see/feel has gone on -in- the battle... the Victory/defeat screen will randomly display in other languages (I'm guessing that's usually Spanish since the exclamation ends up upside down) or show me "VICTORY!" when it was a defeat and vice versa or, heh, and this one is fun.. show me a 0-0 score for no reason. So I don't particularly trust that screen -at all-.

Generally I find fewer bugs with your Steam version of the client comparative to the WGC version, except the minimap zoom functions have never worked no matter what keys I assign them to. (That last was just a side note I thought I should mention somewhere)

Also, at 15-20 GT kills and zero deaths I can only imagine it would be nigh impossible for five of those -not- to be red GT kills at T9/10? Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I'm frequently the last to load into the game and perhaps that makes me behind others for getting to neutral bases.

Finally, I've had it give me Avalanche for bombing neutral targets/"white" targets several times as well or at least, the achievement flashed on the screen in my initial onslaught when everything was still neutral.

I'll try to grab more screenshots or.. something when I can of this? I really do appreciate you guys looking into it though, cause that took the wind out of my sails seeing that in black and white.. Especially because as I mentioned earlier this happens with more than just Avalanche. That's just the one I can -reliably- reproduce bugging out. Reliably enough to get you the screenshots with my poor memory.

Edited by White_Widow18, 21 March 2019 - 09:07 PM.

blindfoId #13 Posted 22 March 2019 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
White_Widow18, thank you for the detailed explanation. I will contact you once again if any additional information is needed. 

blindfoId #14 Posted 26 March 2019 - 03:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Hi White_Widow18,

I checked your issue once again. Series Achievements display the maximum series of this achievement gained. If you hover over this achievement in your profile in-game, you can see the highest number (displayed on the achievement as well) and the current series. The count is reset if you cannot meet the requirements in every single battle.

Spoiler

So. The main number will change when you will have more than 68 battles in a row receiving your Avalanche (5 enemy ground targets in the first sortie). After a battle when you receive the Avalanche you need to check if the number of current series changed, not the main number of maximum series. Please check if you are interested in it. 

Still, the absence of that achievement on a Victory/Defeat screen should be an error. 

White_Widow18 #15 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12597 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 26 March 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Hi White_Widow18,

I checked your issue once again. Series Achievements display the maximum series of this achievement gained. If you hover over this achievement in your profile in-game, you can see the highest number (displayed on the achievement as well) and the current series. The count is reset if you cannot meet the requirements in every single battle.

Spoiler

So. The main number will change when you will have more than 68 battles in a row receiving your Avalanche (5 enemy ground targets in the first sortie). After a battle when you receive the Avalanche you need to check if the number of current series changed, not the main number of maximum series. Please check if you are interested in it. 

Still, the absence of that achievement on a Victory/Defeat screen should be an error. 

Ok, that explains part of it (the series bit). I'd never actually noticed that before and thank you for figuring that out. Huh. I'll definitely have to look at that, that's an interesting counter system for it. I kinda like it.. but I also kinda wonder what my -total- avalanches ever awarded are now haha! Any way to look that up or is that not tracked?

The medals (like doolittle) I still keep forgetting (brain injuries that affect short term memory are annoying at times) to get screenshots of them missing, but those also do not display on screens properly. I watched it further and they -appear- to eventually end up in my awards in my profile (a game or two later), but they won't be displayed at the end of game screen and occasionally are not displayed even with requirements met in the post-battle hangar review.

But, it may all just be a display bug combined with me having a misunderstanding of the way avalanche's counter and etc. worked compounding it? Is that what I am understanding? I'll keep trying to pay attention and if I notice more or can figure out what is triggering it not to display things I'll let you know.

Thank you very much, Blindfold, for looking into this. I was genuinely confounded.

Also tagged with bug, statistics, gamification

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users