fighter heavy fighter ground attack bomber multirole fighter favorite

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

White_Widow18 #21 Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6676 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Postjonnymule74, on 16 March 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

I'm sorry you do. It would be greatly appreciated if you tried not to drop your load on me. I'm just a lonely fighter pilot avoiding massive objects falling from the sky.  :hiding:

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 17 March 2019 - 12:46 AM, said:

LOL

That escalated quickly, but it seems if he's hitting you with his load, then perhaps you're just too close to avoid getting splattered. Gotta make sure you don't intersect the path of his load if you don't want a mess.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

SpiritFoxMY #22 Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4096 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Fighter: Bf109E

As I've said in your last thread - the 109E simply gives an experienced pilot a whole lot more options when in a fight. It combines excellent energy characteristics, great altitude and firepower and decent maneuverability into a single lethal package that is as much at home on the downtier as the uptier. I have yet to make it to the lofty heights of the P.1092 and P.1101 but I expect them to take this position once I do.

Multirole: Fw190A-5

This is my personal mount. My Excalibur - Lady Freya, bringer of Death, angel of Victory and instrument of your Doom. And all other neat stuff like that. Although she faces a formidable new challenge in the face of the Ki-102, she's still my weapon of choice when I need victory. Or just general stress relief. The fact she remains competitive even when downtiered is a major plus.

Heavy Fighter: Do-335 Pfeil

A close contest with the D.H.103 Hornet and P-38F Lightning, the Pfeil wins out simply by being the most flexible of the lot. She's fast - exceedingly so in a dive - she've maneuverable for a heavy and she carries massive ordnance, rivalling her Attacker counterparts. Her firepower is light for a Heavy, but nothing to be sneezed at and she doesn't get immediately outclassed on the downtier (see a theme?). 

Ground attack: Me.P.1099B-2

The P.1099B-2 is... rather oddly given my incompetence with Attackers in general... the plane with the highest Win Rate in my profile with more than 50 battles flown. I do love it though - moreso than its tier 10 cousin the P.1102B and its largely down to its guns. Quad MK103s give it the ability to reach out and touch targets in excess of 1km, allowing it to rapidly suppress AA positions before they become a threat. Better speed control and packing the same ordnance load as the 1102B, the 1099B-2 is my preferred Attacker - a class I'll readily admit I do not usually do well in.

Bomber: B-17G

This is a tough one as all the bombers have a unique playstyle - the Dornier cruises at altitude, plinking targets with impunity, the Peshka swoops down and obliterates its target and speeds off before its pursuers can catch it. But the B-17G is my favorite of the lot. It lacks the altitude performance of the German bombers and the sheer speed of the Peshka, but it just bristles with guns allowing it to do what most other bombers cannot - get stuck in. A B-17G with a gunner that's expecting you is not a target to be trifled with. Its not unkillable, far from it, but it does offer a great deal more options for responding to a situation than its rivals which makes it my preferred bomber in most situations.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 17 March 2019 - 04:06 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

LMG #23 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Light Fighter: I don't actually like Fighters. I used to like the Airacobra, but when I flew it again it was pretty frustrating, so I guess pass?

Heavy Fighter: All I have is the Ki-94-I, so I guess that wins by default?

Multirole Fighter: Hm... probably the Me 109 TL? It's not the best but it does what it needs to decently enough. Kudos to the XP-44 and Tornado tho :great:

Bomber: I'll give it to the Pe-2 M-82. Divebombing is fun, what can I say? :rolleyes:

GAA: The IL-8. Lots of fun using the ordnance in lots of ways :B. Now if only I could use the six bombs when specialized :(

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Postal_Monkey #24 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3828 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostCardinal604, on 16 March 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

Fighter - MiG-3 (Runner up Ki-61 or P-39N)

Multirole - LaGG-3 Series 4

Heavy - Doriner Do-335 A1

Attack - Messerschmidt Me-329

Bomber - Heinkel He-111 H-1

I can't argue with these (not that I would). He-111 is that good? I haven't seen many out there to compare!

Postal_Monkey #25 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3828 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostDisgruntledSnowman901, on 16 March 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

One of each? Okay, I'll give you my 5 favorite planes...

Fighter: Vampire, Spitfire IX, and Spitfire XIV
Multirole: Hawker Hunter
Heavy: F2H Banshee

What? That's still five planes... :hiding:

View Postjonnymule74, on 17 March 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Fighter: Any Spit or Zero I have in the barn. Are they easy?.....I guess, but I'm not here to make you comfortable (Snowflake)

Multi: F2G.....It floats like a Cadillac (which is hard for me because I want to turn)

Heavy: SE100...It's been good to me, and the XP-58 (still trying on that one) 

GA: IL-20?....I really suck at that, probably flown it 4 times.

Bomber: I also suck at that even though I have a hand full of them.

If you see me sucking at any plane other than a fighter it's because I suck.

Thank you.  :hiding:

View PostLMG, on 17 March 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

Light Fighter: I don't actually like Fighters. I used to like the Airacobra, but when I flew it again it was pretty frustrating, so I guess pass?

Heavy Fighter: All I have is the Ki-94-I, so I guess that wins by default?

Multirole Fighter: Hm... probably the Me 109 TL? It's not the best but it does what it needs to decently enough. Kudos to the XP-44 and Tornado tho :great:

Bomber: I'll give it to the Pe-2 M-82. Divebombing is fun, what can I say? :rolleyes:

GAA: The IL-8. Lots of fun using the ordnance in lots of ways :B. Now if only I could use the six bombs when specialized :(

Funny how rare it is to find someone who truly likes all the classes, myself included lol.

Postal_Monkey #26 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3828 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostReitousair, on 17 March 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

(Light) Fighter: JL-1A-37

Multirole Fighter: F7U Cutlass
Heavy Fighter: Ki-93

Ground Attacker:I believe this one is obvious enough
Bomber: Pe-2 M-82

You're making a lot of people jelly with that JL-1A-37.

I'm looking more and more forward to the F7U. One day soon it will be mine!

Postal_Monkey #27 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3828 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 March 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

As I've said in your last thread - the 109E simply gives an experienced pilot a whole lot more options when in a fight. It combines excellent energy characteristics, great altitude and firepower and decent maneuverability into a single lethal package that is as much at home on the downtier as the uptier. I have yet to make it to the lofty heights of the P.1092 and P.1101 but I expect them to take this position once I do.

This is my personal mount. My Excalibur - Lady Freya, bringer of Death, angel of Victory and instrument of your Doom. And all other neat stuff like that. Although she faces a formidable new challenge in the face of the Ki-102, she's still my weapon of choice when I need victory. Or just general stress relief. The fact she remains competitive even when downtiered is a major plus.

A close contest with the D.H.103 Hornet and P-38F Lightning, the Pfeil wins out simply by being the most flexible of the lot. She's fast - exceedingly so in a dive - she've maneuverable for a heavy and she carries massive ordnance, rivalling her Attacker counterparts. Her firepower is light for a Heavy, but nothing to be sneezed at and she doesn't get immediately outclassed on the downtier (see a theme?). 

The P.1099B-2 is... rather oddly given my incompetence with Attackers in general... the plane with the highest Win Rate in my profile with more than 50 battles flown. I do love it though - moreso than its tier 10 cousin the P.1102B and its largely down to its guns. Quad MK103s give it the ability to reach out and touch targets in excess of 1km, allowing it to rapidly suppress AA positions before they become a threat. Better speed control and packing the same ordnance load as the 1102B, the 1099B-2 is my preferred Attacker - a class I'll readily admit I do not usually do well in.

This is a tough one as all the bombers have a unique playstyle - the Dornier cruises at altitude, plinking targets with impunity, the Peshka swoops down and obliterates its target and speeds off before its pursuers can catch it. But the B-17G is my favorite of the lot. It lacks the altitude performance of the German bombers and the sheer speed of the Peshka, but it just bristles with guns allowing it to do what most other bombers cannot - get stuck in. A B-17G with a gunner that's expecting you is not a target to be trifled with. Its not unkillable, far from it, but it does offer a great deal more options for responding to a situation than its rivals which makes it my preferred bomber in most situations.

I love the details and reasonings! Another Do 335 lover o_0

trikke #28 Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2966 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 March 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

a great pilot and a great writer

he's murderous in everything, but these 5 in particular 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

legoboy0401 #29 Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 17 March 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

Block Quote

B-17G

I like the B-17G myself. I'm just grinding through it(now, but I was already planning to keep it for personal reasons), and I must say I feel much safer snuggled in a thick layer of defensive guns with very few blindspots than I do in a thin layer with many. I feel kind of naked in the German Bombers by comparison(I own both the Do 217 M and B-17G at Tier VI at the moment). Also, another plus is being able to put up a good fight against any headhunters, bot or otherwise.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

LeastWeasel #30 Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2132 battles
Light Fighters:

Too many candidates! The Attacker has, overal, my preferred blend of flight & firing characteristics - with an emphasis on speed & the ability to quickly get to where I am needed. Runner ups are the Swift (quickly moving to eclipse this), the 109’s for their vertical agility & accurate burst damage, and the Mustang MkI for weird intangible reasons.

MRFs:

Conflicted - I love the P-47 brand of boom, zoom & pound, but the corsairs are wonderfully flexible. However, the top honours go to the F-84B. Good blend of boost & manueverability, and packing a GA-sized loadout make this wonderfully versatile - with all the highs and lows of the “jack of all trades” brand. This plane thrives or dies based on you deciding the right action at the right time - and that makes it endlessly rewarding.

Heavy Fighters:

Have yet to get beyond tier V for any nation beyond Germany; but within that restriction: HG III. Simply more fun to fly than any other- its handling bumps it above the two prior R4M-equipped 262’s, which are both close contenders. Special shout-out to the underappreciated 109z - filling that category of “weird, finicky, but rewarding”. Much of the higher end of the german line revolves around the idea of “amazing raw firepower married to wacky firing profiles”.

GA:
Me 265. The speed, the superheavy fighter brawling ability. This plane locked in my love of the german GA, and I haven’t found a similar joy in my IL’s since.

Bombers:
Do-217z.

It’s my only one. :p

Still looking to find love in this playstyle, but it hasn’t clicked yet.

CorvusCorvax #31 Posted 19 March 2019 - 02:50 AM

Captain

• 2933 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

LF:  109B/E or the Me P.1092.  They all fly about the same, just different tier.  The 109B is arguably the best plane in T4.

MRF: The BV P.211.  I liked the Dora, but the Batwing is an absolute hoot.  The crazy roll rate married to those R4Ms?  LOL, just LOL.

HF.  Sigh.  Do I have to pick one?  For plain ability to get stuff done, the Do-335.  LOVE IT.  But the Me-262 HGII and HGIII are beasts in the air, and can ruin anyone's whole day.  When the other T10 humans come and find me, I know I have a winner.  The Me-410 is like comfort food.  The FW57 OWNS T3.  Really, I like them all, and even have a new respect for the Bf-109Z.

GAA:  The Me-265.  I dogfight with it, so...

Bomber:  Even though I am not good with it, the B-32 just absolutely makes me laugh every flight.  Flying flak fortress, GIANT piles of bombs, laugh out loud, win or lose.  If I need ground pounding points, I dial up my He-111.  I am much better with that guy.  At T3, the Ju-86 makes me smile.

GonerNL #32 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 891 battles

No votes for the FJ-1 ??

Just managed to research it thanks to all the exp I got in the P-51H in the bomber event. Thinking of buying it ...

(sorry for hi-jacking this thread...)

Flying on NA and EU servers

hoom #33 Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6406 battles

I expected little from FJ-1 but am actually quite enjoying it, decent mix of agility & speed, the upgraded guns burn stuff down pretty quick.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Xr901 #34 Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6152 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I quite liked the FJ-1 and sabre after it, as long as I could avoid the P.1092/P.1101 spam at that tier. The fact that about the only humans it sees are the OP german fighters, the yaks that out turn it, and GAs with their massive HP pools is the Fj-1's biggest problem, otherwise it and its successor are really nice little planes. 

Cardinal604 #35 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5733 battles

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 17 March 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I can't argue with these (not that I would). He-111 is that good? I haven't seen many out there to compare!

What I like about the He-111 is that at its tier level it can...

1. At 10900ft its above the AA of every cap it encounters

2. The way the bombs from in groups its great for carpet bombing and you can easily take out 4 whole targets in one pass even at 10900ft

3. The reload speed is decent enough to get you plenty of bombing action

4. The speed and climb ok not stellar but decent enough to get around.

What I don't like.

1. I find it catches fire alot

2. The guns are not really gonna save you but if the target is half or close to death you can take them down. Another reason to be at 10900ft not as many planes in the tier range can easily get up to you to shoot you down so you are bothered less.

Zaikadi #36 Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1346 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I don't have a big collection, but I have most all the planes I care for.

light fighter: Ki-84 Hayate, which is to me what the Fw 190 A5 is to SpiritFox. However, I'm starting to take to the Ki-61 Hien, as I was just focusing on it to Specialize it, and I have found that I really enjoy it.

heavy fighter: Ki-102, hands down favorite. I might like the Dornier Arrow, but I don't have one, and trikke refuses to give me his :P.

multirole fighter: Above Tier III, I really only have the Hurricane Mk Ia, Hurricane Mk I, and I like it.

GA: IL-2 Two-seat

Bomber: Heinkel He 111 H-2, because it looks like a Heinkel He 111.

Edited by Zaikadi, 21 March 2019 - 09:23 PM.

Favorite planes:

Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate  |  Kawasaki Ki-102   |  Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien  |  Bell P-39N1 Airacobra  |  Heinkel He 111 H2  |  Polikarpov I-17  |  Curtiss P-40  |   Mitsubishi A6M5  |  Nakajima A4N  |  Messerschmidt Bf 109 B  |  Messerschmidt Bf 109 E  |  Polikarpov I-16 (e.)  |  Fairey Fantome  |  Me 410 Hornisse

White_Widow18 #37 Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6676 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Fighter: Yak-3. What can I say, 108 maneuverability at T7 with a 49 speed keeping it -just- fast enough (specialisted, equipped/calibrated/reassembled to my idea of perfect stats with a 9 point pilot at the stick).. makes this thing intoxicating. I sometimes turn so fast I don't actually move -out- of the stream of fire, I just end up coming about and facing them before they close the gap. That always leads to comedic results. People tell me the guns are "weak", but given that I can -always- keep them on target and I've figured out burst firing quite nicely.. I don't agree. They get the job done, they are "enough". If I had -more- guns I'd just end up with a plane that was honestly overpowered.

Heavy Fighter: I feel like again, I'm going to T10 and I'm going to say ME 262 HG III. I put the special german gear on it when I take it out for a spin... 'nuff said I think.

Multi-Role Fighter: *pokes them with a stick* I don't play this class.

Ground Attack Aircraft: Me P.1102 B. Bombs have a decent reload speed.. it's -blazingly- fast and while the turret is a bit underpowered, it still packs more than enough wallop. Those front guns are the highest rate in the game and it -shows-. Ground targets go bye-bye and if you're a plane and -silly- enough to come down and get in front of me? I'll delete you from my horizon.

Bomber: JU 86 E - Yes it's a premium, no it's not available on a constant basis. Still love it and find it to be the literal best balanced bomber even if it -is- slow as dog meat. In a match that I'm not fighting up-tier, I actually have a LEGITIMATE chance of killing things with my turrets before they utterly ruin my bomber! The clusters are quick enough to reload and while inaccurate.. make up for that by -being- clusters. The speed is bad though.. so bad... Don't die in it, you'll be cursing the day of your birth the entire way back across the map.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Postal_Monkey #38 Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3828 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGonerNL, on 19 March 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

No votes for the FJ-1 ??

Just managed to research it thanks to all the exp I got in the P-51H in the bomber event. Thinking of buying it ...

(sorry for hi-jacking this thread...)

View Posthoom, on 19 March 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

I expected little from FJ-1 but am actually quite enjoying it, decent mix of agility & speed, the upgraded guns burn stuff down pretty quick.

View PostDisgruntledSnowman901, on 19 March 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I quite liked the FJ-1 and sabre after it, as long as I could avoid the P.1092/P.1101 spam at that tier. The fact that about the only humans it sees are the OP german fighters, the yaks that out turn it, and GAs with their massive HP pools is the Fj-1's biggest problem, otherwise it and its successor are really nice little planes. 

I was at first pleasantly surprised by the FJ-1 but now I acknowledge it is a fun and great tier IX fighter. Much like the Me P.1092 tho I believe it's overshadowed by its Tier X brother. Still, a good plane!

Postal_Monkey #39 Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3828 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 20 March 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Fighter: Yak-3. What can I say, 108 maneuverability at T7 with a 49 speed keeping it -just- fast enough (specialisted, equipped/calibrated/reassembled to my idea of perfect stats with a 9 point pilot at the stick).. makes this thing intoxicating. I sometimes turn so fast I don't actually move -out- of the stream of fire, I just end up coming about and facing them before they close the gap. That always leads to comedic results. People tell me the guns are "weak", but given that I can -always- keep them on target and I've figured out burst firing quite nicely.. I don't agree. They get the job done, they are "enough". If I had -more- guns I'd just end up with a plane that was honestly overpowered.

Heavy Fighter: I feel like again, I'm going to T10 and I'm going to say ME 262 HG III. I put the special german gear on it when I take it out for a spin... 'nuff said I think.

Multi-Role Fighter: *pokes them with a stick* I don't play this class.

Ground Attack Aircraft: Me P.1102 B. Bombs have a decent reload speed.. it's -blazingly- fast and while the turret is a bit underpowered, it still packs more than enough wallop. Those front guns are the highest rate in the game and it -shows-. Ground targets go bye-bye and if you're a plane and -silly- enough to come down and get in front of me? I'll delete you from my horizon.

Bomber: JU 86 E - Yes it's a premium, no it's not available on a constant basis. Still love it and find it to be the literal best balanced bomber even if it -is- slow as dog meat. In a match that I'm not fighting up-tier, I actually have a LEGITIMATE chance of killing things with my turrets before they utterly ruin my bomber! The clusters are quick enough to reload and while inaccurate.. make up for that by -being- clusters. The speed is bad though.. so bad... Don't die in it, you'll be cursing the day of your birth the entire way back across the map.

The Yak-3 is definitely under appreciated! A great plane if flown well.

I can't wait til I get the HG III. Will have it researched tomorrow and bought... sometime later lol.

Why no MRFs?

Edited by Postal_Monkey, 20 March 2019 - 06:37 PM.

White_Widow18 #40 Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6676 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPostal_Monkey, on 20 March 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

The Yak-3 is definitely under appreciated! A great plane if flown well.

I can't wait til I get the HG III. Will have it researched tomorrow and bought... sometime later lol.

Why no MRFs?

MRFs and I just.. have never gelled. I'm not certain why to be honest.. but I get halfway through a battle in one and I'm frustrated or bored. So I've mostly avoided them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users