Resource - Building new PC is way different now than it use to be, it's easier

PC build

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• 64 battles

Hey guys. I am looking for a new computer and came across a couple of sites that I thought you guys may want to be aware of in deciding on making a new PC. One site, as it says, is a part picker. It helps on budget and integration of units. The second site is of builders and modders of PC's. The work has already been done and shown for results.

Block Quote

https://pcpartpicker.com/
Building your own PC and need ideas on where to get started? Explore our build guides, which cover systems for all use-cases and budgets, or create your own and share it with our community.

Block Quote

https://builds.gg/
A community for PC builders and modders. Show your build to the world, find inspiration for your next rig, and compete in various contests to win awesome prizes!

Both sites are displaying PC builds. IMO both are great time savers in decision making. I thought I would pass this along to you guys.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

comtedumas #2 Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6886 battles
  • [FK] FK

I used to work in the computer industry, and I decided that when I got home from working and wanted to game, I just wanted my computer to work.  So I don't overclock or anything, which means a bought PC is just fine.  So with the high cost of video cards, I just bought a premade one and made a few changes to it to make it what I wanted.  I bought this one.  https://www.amazon.c...1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Added a good monitor and some m.2 and NVMe ssd's and I am good to go.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:39 PM

Captain

• 1039 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 15 March 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

Hey guys. I am looking for a new computer and came across a couple of sites that I thought you guys may want to be aware of in deciding on making a new PC. One site, as it says, is a part picker. It helps on budget and integration of units. The second site is of builders and modders of PC's. The work has already been done and shown for results.

Both sites are displaying PC builds. IMO both are great time savers in decision making. I thought I would pass this along to you guys.

me too ... both great sights for a simple build

save money, upgradeable and you have a better understanding of any hardware issues

good community info

thanx flax

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6598 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Good websites both.  I used these and then built my upgrade by making wish lists on Amazon and NewEgg.  In general, I found better deals on Amazon.  

Check out the Amazon warehouse.  I got a 1050Ti Overclocked graphics card and more recently a cable modem from there for way less than retail, and I mean way less.  Both were in brand new condition.  People return stuff all the time unused but they did open the box.  

The reviews on these two sites don't suck either.  A lot of casual gamers play similar games and you don't always need the expensive i7's and 1090Ti's to get a great system.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users