Jump to content


Worst... Event... Ever... Sorta

Incredible boring one-sided no conspiracy theories players were great

  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5168 battles
  • 1,537
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

Is it just me or does the attacking side stand no chance?  I have been on the defending side several times and I could probably play with my eyes closed and win.  

 

Attacking side almost never wins.  The bombers are shot outta the sky with no issues.  

 

While other iterations of this event were equally lopsided, you would think they would have made it more balanced.  But nooooooo...   

 

Gawd.  Just very disappointing.  

 

[*See my last post for more info.  I don't hate it as much as first night due to all you humans.  I do think Persha totally missed the target in terms of balance, but we all know how this "studio" operates.]  


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 18 March 2019 - 04:38 AM.


legoboy0401 #2 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 901 battles
  • 1,045
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostBobby_Tables, on 14 March 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Is it just me or does the attacking side stand no chance?  I have been on the defending side several times and I could probably play with my eyes closed and win.  

 

Attacking side almost never wins.  The bombers are shot outta the sky with no issues.  

 

While other iterations of this event were equally lopsided, you would think they would have made it more balanced.  But nooooooo...   

 

Gawd.  Just very disappointing.  

 

My observations:

 

As someone who never played Bomber Escort before until today, the novelty of such a concept being in WoWP is quite exhilarating, but only for a little while. The novelty wears off quickly as the reality sets in that such tedium is going to be the norm during the event for as long as the stage lasts. It's good for grinding, but is also hugely mentally and emotionally draining(frustration, rage), and the WoWS random battles-length battles are much more tedious than the 2-minutes-longer-than-WoWS-ranked-battles length Conquest battles.

 

I hat to say it, but despite being, overall, a good and somewhat fun game mode, its generally tedious nature leads to it unfortunately(and begrudgingly) outstaying its welcome even faster than Attrition for me, and that is saying something because I'm not a very big fan of Attrition either.

 

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what a crap show Invasion turns out to be.:sceptic:

 

 

Edit: Also, I'm disappointed. I wanted so very badly to like Bomber Escort, but I just can't, at least how it currently is.:(


Edited by legoboy0401, 15 March 2019 - 05:42 AM.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

 

Spoiler

 


Motormike #3 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    01-14-2014
In the last bomber event it was more balanced than now, not optimal but way better 

WhiskeyInYourWater #4 Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:04 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 606 battles
  • 2,026
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
The word "balanced" can no be uttered in the same sentence as this event.

 

                                                                                                                     

       


Shizzywiznut #5 Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5650 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 15 March 2019 - 02:04 AM, said:

The word "balanced" can no be uttered in the same sentence as this event.

 

The word "balanced" should never be entered along side this game!

Note to developers: How about we stop trying to not have an "balanced" outcome, and try making it a level playing field for once. 



GonerNL #6 Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:12 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 875 battles
  • 893
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

I tried playing it with GA, several tiers. But after a long string of defeats I gave up. Too frustrating ...

Switched to fighter (I-220) and nothing but wins and winged legends.

 

Might try multi-role to see if I get on attacking side to get some Flying Raider medals for the Vampire missions. That's the only positive about this event, battles are long and good for getting medals, credits and exp. Even when you lose.


Flying on NA and EU servers

Motormike #7 Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:24 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    01-14-2014
If on defending site is nearly win without doing much 

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17034 battles
  • 2,057
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I noticed a dearth of bomber players and even fewer GAA players.  Ah well, I played the Axis side in that fiasco of an event!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2615 battles
  • 2,614
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBobby_Tables, on 15 March 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

Is it just me or does the attacking side stand no chance?  I have been on the defending side several times and I could probably play with my eyes closed and win.  

 

Attacking side almost never wins.  The bombers are shot outta the sky with no issues.  

 

While other iterations of this event were equally lopsided, you would think they would have made it more balanced.  But nooooooo...   

 

Gawd.  Just very disappointing.  

 

Last time the event was run, the defenders were the ones usually steamrolled, until they tweaked it..

Prenzlau #10 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8072 battles
  • 834
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

    Won 76% of my battles last night teamed up with Greenbay52, and we were both flying bombers. 

 

    So that is basically winning 3 out of 4 battles while being on the attacking side in bombers.

 

    But how did we do it?

 

    Inquiring minds want to know.....

 

    Cheers!

 

    Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


BuffaloTime #11 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8970 battles
  • 849
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostPrenzlau, on 15 March 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

    Won 76% of my battles last night teamed up with Greenbay52, and we were both flying bombers. 

 

    So that is basically winning 3 out of 4 battles while being on the attacking side in bombers.

 

    But how did we do it?

 

    Inquiring minds want to know.....

 

    Cheers!

 

    Prenzlau

 

Because you're OWSS, and hamhockjones says the game is rigged to let you win. :amazed:

  Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.


Catch21 #12 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3770 battles
  • 442
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

Lads, you just gotta look at this as a challenge, rather like everything else to do with WoP.

 

I mean my first sortie out in an Me 209 A had me escorting a flock (I'm choosing my words carefully here) of FW200s out over some flak and air cover concentrations that would make the Schweinfurt Mission look like a catered picnic. Even 25k+ points, Predator and Winged Legend couldn't get those morons in the FWs through and me to a win (what were they thinking? Alas we'll never know, none of them made it...).

 

I'm loth to go out again without a few pointers, Anyone know of some sort of guide to this? Or, to cut through a lot of reading, just how to ensure you're always on the defending team?



Prenzlau #13 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8072 battles
  • 834
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostBuffaloTime, on 15 March 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

 

Because you're OWSS, and hamhockjones says the game is rigged to let you win. :amazed:

 

    My "invisible shield" never seems to stop you from shooting up my bombers! Being in OWSS does not make me bullet proof either. 

 

    Cheers!

 

    Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


BuffaloTime #14 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:22 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8970 battles
  • 849
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostPrenzlau, on 15 March 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

 

    My "invisible shield" never seems to stop you from shooting up my bombers! Being in OWSS does not make me bullet proof either. 

 

    Cheers!

 

    Prenzlau

Truth. I do enjoy shooting down your bomber. :honoring:


  Fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and brother, it's starting to rain.

Demons run when a good man goes to war.


Prenzlau #15 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:24 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8072 battles
  • 834
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostCatch21, on 15 March 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

Lads, you just gotta look at this as a challenge, rather like everything else to do with WoP.

 

I mean my first sortie out in an Me 209 A had me escorting a flock (I'm choosing my words carefully here) of FW200s out over some flak and air cover concentrations that would make the Schweinfurt Mission look like a catered picnic. Even 25k+ points, Predator and Winged Legend couldn't get those morons in the FWs through and me to a win (what were they thinking? Alas we'll never know, none of them made it...).

 

I'm loth to go out again without a few pointers, Anyone know of some sort of guide to this? Or, to cut through a lot of reading, just how to ensure you're always on the defending team?

 

    If all the human players on the attacking side, regardless of what plane type you are in, focus on killing enemy planes and nothing else, by the third wave of bombers, the defenders will be depleted of re-spawns and lose because all their planes are dead. You can win 3 out of 4 battles this way for the attackers, and that is the secret.

 

    Cheers!

 

    Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


Prenzlau #16 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8072 battles
  • 834
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostBuffaloTime, on 15 March 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Truth. I do enjoy shooting down your bomber. :honoring:

 

    You are not the only one.... it is always a conga line when it comes to my bombers.

 

    Cheers!

 

    Prenzlau


 

 

 

 


Catch21 #17 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3770 battles
  • 442
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013

View PostPrenzlau, on 15 March 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

If all the human players on the attacking side, regardless of what plane type you are in, focus on killing enemy planes and nothing else, by the third wave of bombers, the defenders will be depleted of re-spawns and lose because all their planes are dead. You can win 3 out of 4 battles this way for the attackers, and that is the secret.

 

God bless you, you'll get a free pass and a salute next time I see you (on the other side)...

Prenzlau #18 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8072 battles
  • 834
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    12-14-2015

View PostCatch21, on 15 March 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

 

God bless you, you'll get a free pass and a salute next time I see you (on the other side)...

 

    A typical attacking battle in my A-26B would be 4-8 air kills, 3-6 ground targets, and somewhere between 15 and 20 assists! So I basically fly into the fray, and just shoot them up, turret gun firing away, hitting every red plane in sight, and doing tons of damage. The reds are distracted by the bomber flights thinking they mean something, and make better targets that way.

 

    Had a battle last night in my A-26B, 21 assists! So much fun. Also, I don't even care how many times I get shot down, I get to keep coming back, eventually the reds run out of planes. So while it seems lop sided one way, it is actually lop sided the other way with a different strategy. So as ridiculous as it sounds, the bomber formations are truly meaningless as far as winning. Way to go WG.

 

Cheers!

 

Prenzlau


Edited by Prenzlau, 15 March 2019 - 01:52 PM.

 

 

 

 


DisgruntledSnowman901 #19 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5658 battles
  • 314
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    07-10-2017

I'm having deja vu... last time bomber escort was on, didn't we have exactly the same problem with defending? Congrats WG, you managed to take if from attackers winning 95% of the time to defenders winning 95% of the time. I only played t10 last night so i can only comment on that and urgh...

Yes, it's possible to win while attacking, i did the only 2 times i attacked, and i know others who did too, but urgh, in the avg matchup the attackers just get steamrollered...

edit: and oh yeah, when attacking, getting your bombers through is a bonus, I've only seen the attackers win by killing everything and depleting the defenders respawns


Edited by DisgruntledSnowman901, 15 March 2019 - 01:54 PM.


Genesect1 #20 Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 1340 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

shot down 29 defending aircraft and still this...think this stage may be a bit one-sided

 

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.enjin.com/319311/modules/forum/attachments/shot_024_1552658412.jpg


Edited by Genesect1, 15 March 2019 - 02:03 PM.





4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users