planes crews premium

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

White_Widow18 #1 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Dear Wargaming, Blindfold, and the development staff for World of Warplanes,

If I buy a premium plane in any other tech tree my primary advantage (for -me-) is the ability to train crews up for other aircraft -way- faster.

I do not get this advantage in French or Chinese aircraft because they do not have full technology trees, I would have to purchase more premiums and even then it would be of limited use.

I pay the same for the tier as I do for other premium aircraft, so my question is: Could we remove the nationality requirement for French and Chinese planes, especially since the Free French Forces' planes and the People's Army's planes were often manned by foreigners assuming I've understood history right? Or at least extend it to one Nationality.. perhaps the French aircraft could train British pilots and vice versa, and the Chinese could train with the U.S. and vice versa? I realize giving them free access to all nationality's air crews would actually make them stronger than other premiums and so withdraw that request in favor of the idea of giving them the ability to cross over to -one- other nationality that makes sense in historical context so that they too can have the full range of benefits that the Premium planes that -have- a full national tech tree enjoy.

I didn't know if this was something you could pass along as an idea or request to the developers or not Blindfold.. but it would get me to fly and open my wallet for those two tech trees far more readily if their crews weren't stranded in a waste-land of uselessness comparative to other tree's premiums.

Edited by White_Widow18, 14 March 2019 - 12:11 AM.

Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Good idea.  I wanted the crew but didn't buy because I already have the plane. 
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Captain

• 894 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 13 March 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

Dear Wargaming, Blindfold, and the development staff for World of Warplanes,

If I buy a premium plane in any other tech tree my primary advantage (for -me-) is the ability to train crews up for other aircraft -way- faster.

I do not get this advantage in French or Chinese aircraft because they do not have full technology trees, I would have to purchase more premiums and even then it would be of limited use.

I pay the same for the tier as I do for other premium aircraft, so my question is: Could we remove the nationality requirement for French and Chinese planes, especially since the Free French Forces' planes and the People's Army's planes were often manned by foreigners assuming I've understood history right? Or at least extend it to one Nationality.. perhaps the French aircraft could train British pilots and vice versa, and the Chinese could train with the U.S. and vice versa? I realize giving them free access to all nationality's air crews would actually make them stronger than other premiums and so withdraw that request in favor of the idea of giving them the ability to cross over to -one- other nationality that makes sense in historical context so that they too can have the full range of benefits that the Premium planes that -have- a full national tech tree enjoy.

I didn't know if this was something you could pass along as an idea or request to the developers or not Blindfold.. but it would get me to fly and open my wallet for those two tech trees far more readily if their crews weren't stranded in a waste-land of uselessness comparative to other tree's premiums.

+

historically that is a very good idea...

and since the devs are moving at a snail's pace in producing new lines,

yes, this is the very least they should do

PLUS... I even think this would be an easy implementation with big results

jus' say'n

:sceptic:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 14 March 2019 - 12:34 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

J311yfish #4 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2073 battles
  • [343] 343

I made a similar suggestion about 5 years ago after the first Chinese premium (Hawk III) came out.  The idea was that you could unlock the P-40 on the American tree, then 'send it to China' and allow USA/Chinese pilots to fly it (just like history).  A similar case for the rest of the American Volunteer Group aircraft, Soviet Volunteer Group, etc..  It would have made the Chinese tree 'researchable' by way of other trees (primarily USA and USSR).

There may be a way also to tie it to paint schemes.  For example, suppose A6M2 could fly with an American pilot if it used a captured (repainted as American) paint scheme.

Tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  //  ITALY    FRANCE  //  SWEDEN    Finland (skins// International

Historical projects:  UNITED STATES   GERMANY  •  Poland  //  USSR  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

White_Widow18 #5 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostJ311yfish, on 13 March 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

I made a similar suggestion about 5 years ago after the first Chinese premium (Hawk III) came out.  The idea was that you could unlock the P-40 on the American tree, then 'send it to China' and allow USA/Chinese pilots to fly it (just like history).  A similar case for the rest of the American Volunteer Group aircraft, Soviet Volunteer Group, etc..  It would have made the Chinese tree 'researchable' by way of other trees (primarily USA and USSR).

There may be a way also to tie it to paint schemes.  For example, suppose A6M2 could fly with an American pilot if it used a captured (repainted as American) paint scheme.

Mmm, I like the idea, but that would add some extra complication RE: development and coding and might be a stretch too far as a simple change request they can actually field and do.

I -think- my idea should require a couple of else-if statements basically. I could be wrong in the complexity, but.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Cardinal604 #6 Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:23 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5745 battles

I think they just need to add all the missing french planes like the D.520, VG-33, Bloch MB 150 series, MS 406, MD 162 bomber, LeO 451 and many more... The point is there are plenty of French designs from the periods this game is depicting for them to make a tree...

The Chinese planes how ever should just be premium Russian planes in my opinion since almost all the planes they were using during the periods were direct copies or clones of other planes.

Also tagged with planes, crews, premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users