New math or different languages?

new math different languages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17034 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Support and I are having a go around about ticket #117726864.   I sent a PM to blindfold about it but no response.

Anyway, I have been suspicious for some time that the game often shortchanges the number of ground kills I get.  Finally I got some screenshots that prove it and submitted a ticket with two attached screenshots of two different battles.   One screenshot shows I got 5 AAA for Sword Thrust.  At the same time it only gives me credit for 3 GT destroyed.  How can this be right?

The next battle screenshot shows I destroyed 4 GTs but then breaks it down to 2 medium and 1 special.  How can this be right?

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone talking with Support about this.  Repeatedly they tell me this is normal,  So maybe I am all wrong?  5 = 3 and 4 = 3?  My High School Algebra classes are over 55 years in the past but I think Support is saying that 3 = 4 = 5.  With these mad math skilz how can they fail to be very profitable? 

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

legoboy0401 #2 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 901 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 March 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Support and I are having a go around about ticket #117726864.   I sent a PM to blindfold about it but no response.

Anyway, I have been suspicious for some time that the game often shortchanges the number of ground kills I get.  Finally I got some screenshots that prove it and submitted a ticket with two attached screenshots of two different battles.   One screenshot shows I got 5 AAA for Sword Thrust.  At the same time it only gives me credit for 3 GT destroyed.  How can this be right?

The next battle screenshot shows I destroyed 4 GTs but then breaks it down to 2 medium and 1 special.  How can this be right?

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone talking with Support about this.  Repeatedly they tell me this is normal,  So maybe I am all wrong?  5 = 3 and 4 = 3?  My High School Algebra classes are over 55 years in the past but I think Support is saying that 3 = 4 = 5.  With these mad math skilz how can they fail to be very profitable? 

I had a match last night where NONE of the scores worked. The team list, the team score bars at the top of the screen, all didn't work. Only the aircraft type missions worked.

Yes, I will post a bug report on it soon.

Oh, so you are doing Sword Thrust too? That's funny, because I am working on it right now as well(because I play the heck out of my bombers anyways), and I too have been having this issue. I wonder what is causing it?

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

SenatorTH #3 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2935 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 March 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

One screenshot shows I got 5 AAA for Sword Thrust.  At the same time it only gives me credit for 3 GT destroyed.  How can this be right?

For a daily mission you don't need to destroy the whole ground target, but one section, the flak itself.

legoboy0401 #4 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 901 battles

View PostSenatorTH, on 13 March 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

For a daily mission you don't need to destroy the whole ground target, but one section, the flak itself.

Oh really? That's interesting. Since when, and how do you know?

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

White_Widow18 #5 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4991 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Postlegoboy0401, on 13 March 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Oh really? That's interesting. Since when, and how do you know?

Always been that way and probably because he's done it. I know I do it all the time in my GAAs.

Also, Underpants, I've been experiencing much the same for months.. I thought I was hallucinating and have never managed to get screen captures of it. There are plenty of times too that I'll get the target # for a lang or a doolittle and it awards it on the outro screen.. but then never shows on my HOF page or in my statistics. I've considered submitting a ticket, but I figured short of me giving them video proof it wouldn't matter and I've just been too lazy so I thank you for already submitting the ticket. I'll -try- (no guarantees) to get you some supporting evidence.. let's see if I can record/livestream my games without it murdering my framerate. 

Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

blindfoId #6 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 March 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

Hi Captain,

Just managed to get the information about your ticket. I'll try to explain you the situation.

1. Any ground target consists of several segments. A ground target counts towards your score if you destroyed the last segment of it.

2. The Sword Thrust mission counts AA guns. Not the whole ground target but only that triangle. So you can destroy only the AA gun segment and not the whole target (or the last segment) and it will count towards your mission.

3. But it won't count towards the destroyed ground targets if you haven't destroyed the last segment of that target.

4. That is why you have 5 AA guns counted and only 3 ground targets. 

Pretty the same the Support Team tried to explain you.

As for the second situation, there's no indication for unarmored targets in the detailed post-battle statistics. So you destroyed 2 medium + 1 special + 1 unarmored = 4. There's a desire to improve thr post-battle statistics, including this information as well.

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 14 March 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

Also, Underpants, I've been experiencing much the same for months.. I thought I was hallucinating and have never managed to get screen captures of it. There are plenty of times too that I'll get the target # for a lang or a doolittle and it awards it on the outro screen.. but then never shows on my HOF page or in my statistics. I've considered submitting a ticket, but I figured short of me giving them video proof it wouldn't matter and I've just been too lazy so I thank you for already submitting the ticket. I'll -try- (no guarantees) to get you some supporting evidence.. let's see if I can record/livestream my games without it murdering my framerate. 

I would really appreciate it if you could share this video. 

Also tagged with new, math, different, languages

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users