Okay, can you PLEASE finally fix this WG?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

I just had a black screen on queuing tonight again. Not once, not twice, but THREE times, all 3 times ruining their respective matches for me.

WG, could you PLEASE address this? Its frequency just seems to keep going up, and it really ruins my experience in WoWP. Not to mention, it makes getting single-sortie awards quite impossible.

If you can't fix it, will you PLEASE STOP UNLOADED IN PLAYERS' PLANES FROM MOVING(by excepting them from the physics engine, if that is possible) UNTIL THEY LOAD IN? Either one would work.

Regards, Legoboy0401

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

DrSinister #2 Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:45 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I get the odd Black Screen during the loading of the match (after the queue), I can hear the music running.  So what I do it turn off my monitor and turn it back on and now I can see the loading screen. 

legoboy0401 #3 Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 09 March 2019 - 06:45 PM, said:

I get the odd Black Screen during the loading of the match (after the queue), I can hear the music running.  So what I do it turn off my monitor and turn it back on and now I can see the loading screen. 

This is happening before the loading of the match, even before the que itself. It is where I instantly get thrown into a battle so quickly that I don't even get to see the que screen, and the screen turns black except for the chat bar at the bottom.(which remains for the most part  functional) I wonder if such behavior from the server confuses the client, which might explain this bug.

Edited by legoboy0401, 10 March 2019 - 02:52 AM.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

DrSinister #4 Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:28 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 09 March 2019 - 09:51 PM, said:

This is happening before the loading of the match, even before the que itself. It is where I instantly get thrown into a battle so quickly that I don't even get to see the que screen, and the screen turns black except for the chat bar at the bottom.(which remains for the most part  functional) I wonder if such behavior from the server confuses the client, which might explain this bug.

Ahh ok, that is really odd one.  Does sound like a server/client mismatch when it gets loaded into game.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
This ever increasing bug shows every sign of becoming the next big epic fail by WG.  After the no-joy joystick bug debacle you would think they would be more on top of it.  I am getting a black screen in queue about every fifth game or so now.  Simply unacceptable!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

legoboy0401 #6 Posted 10 March 2019 - 04:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 09 March 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

This ever increasing bug shows every sign of becoming the next big epic fail by WG.  After the no-joy joystick bug debacle you would think they would be more on top of it.  I am getting a black screen in queue about every fifth game or so now.  Simply unacceptable!

It's good to know I am not alone in this.

As you might remember, unlike in the case of any other WG title, I've ALWAYS had to keep a dedicated Encountering/Dealing With Bugs playlist(mostly to keep me from going off the rails with frustration, although sometimes even this playlist isn't enough to keep me from that) because bugs are such a run of the mill state of affairs in this game. Oh, and wouldn't you know it, over HALF of the times I have had to use my bugs playlist HAVE BEEN BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID BLACK SCREEN IN QUEUE.

Edited by legoboy0401, 10 March 2019 - 04:43 AM.

Spoiler

TankNoob1960 #7 Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3366 battles
  • [FK] FK

I have played all weekend and have had 2 black-screens.

I also get a LOSS OF GUN SOUND occasionally and it will not resolve without restarting game.

Frustrating..

Edited by TankNoob1960, 10 March 2019 - 07:59 AM.

trikke #8 Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2782 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostDrSinister, on 09 March 2019 - 09:45 PM, said:

turning the monitor off and on really fixes black screens?     that's just so impossible improbable, but i'll try it, sir!

stranger stuff has happened around here

Edited by trikke, 10 March 2019 - 10:26 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Well I just had my FIFTH blackscreen of the day plus another battle where I got disconnected in the middle of the battle.  I have deleted and reloaded this mess three times this week, run their check and repair several times, launched with clear cache, and I run CCleaner at least three times a day to clear all the caches and the registry.  Nothing is helping.  It just keeps getting worse.  Did I mention that those six battles I referenced were all losses?  I am fully capable of losing on my own without the help of all these bugs.

This game is reminding me of a circus parade that just needs a contingent of clowns bringing up the rear to clean up the steaming hot mess left by the elephants.  I am going to keep trying, mostly because I am a stubborn old coot, but also a certain morbid curiousity about just how bad can it get?  A third of my battles with all these problems?  Can they make it half?

If they are going to recycle old event code with a new name, wouldn't the time they saved with the cut-and-paste job allow them to sweep the code for bugs?  I guess not.

:angry:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

legoboy0401 #10 Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 10 March 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Well I just had my FIFTH blackscreen of the day plus another battle where I got disconnected in the middle of the battle.  I have deleted and reloaded this mess three times this week, run their check and repair several times, launched with clear cache, and I run CCleaner at least three times a day to clear all the caches and the registry.  Nothing is helping.  It just keeps getting worse.  Did I mention that those six battles I referenced were all losses?  I am fully capable of losing on my own without the help of all these bugs.

This game is reminding me of a circus parade that just needs a contingent of clowns bringing up the rear to clean up the steaming hot mess left by the elephants.  I am going to keep trying, mostly because I am a stubborn old coot, but also a certain morbid curiousity about just how bad can it get?  A third of my battles with all these problems?  Can they make it half?

If they are going to recycle old event code with a new name, wouldn't the time they saved with the cut-and-paste job allow them to sweep the code for bugs?  I guess not.

:angry:

Well, I only had one or two today, but that may have been because I only played two hours. I'm certain it would have probably popped up more if I had played longer.

Spoiler

Bobby_Tables #11 Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5179 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

*Knocks on wood*

I have not had any black screens since the "fix" *knock on wood*.  

I do get the sound going mute bug and there are heart-stopping moments where it looks like a black screen when loading into battle then everything is fine.  

I am curious for those of you experiencing it, can you post your specs?  Specifically graphics card and processor?  To me, it feels like your graphics are getting overloaded.  Are you playing SD or HD?  I would recommend HD as that seems to be where the optimization is going.  

Anyway, in past experiences, not related to this game, it seems like not enough memory allocated to the graphics card.  That's just my conjecture but again, *knock on wood* I haven't seem a black screen in a long time.  If you are using integrated graphics, say on a laptop where the graphics "card" is built into the processor, those systems typically are very stingy on the amount of memory granted to the graphics.  

Just my $.02, but curious what you all are running when you see these issues.  

legoboy0401 #12 Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 10 March 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

*Knocks on wood*

I do get the sound going mute bug and there are heart-stopping moments where it looks like a black screen when loading into battle then everything is fine.  

I am curious for those of you experiencing it, can you post your specs?  Specifically graphics card and processor?  To me, it feels like your graphics are getting overloaded.  Are you playing SD or HD?  I would recommend HD as that seems to be where the optimization is going.  

Anyway, in past experiences, not related to this game, it seems like not enough memory allocated to the graphics card.  That's just my conjecture but again, *knock on wood* I haven't seem a black screen in a long time.  If you are using integrated graphics, say on a laptop where the graphics "card" is built into the processor, those systems typically are very stingy on the amount of memory granted to the graphics.  

The computer I am playing WoWP is not very old, it's actually QUITE powerful and runs most things, even processing power hogs, very very well, and I ALWAYS use the HD client, though I have the settings pretty low for maximum FPS and lowest ping.

Spoiler

Bobby_Tables #13 Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5179 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postlegoboy0401, on 10 March 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

The computer I am playing WoWP is not very old, it's actually QUITE powerful and runs most things, even processing power hogs, very very well, and I ALWAYS use the HD client, though I have the settings pretty low for maximum FPS and lowest ping.

So... what graphics card do you have?  What processor are your using?  What type of memory do you have?

legoboy0401 #14 Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 10 March 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

So... what graphics card do you have?  What processor are your using?  What type of memory do you have?

It's a newer PC tower.

Edit: it's not mine, but I'm borrowing it until I can get a new laptop because my current laptop is AWFUL, HAS GARBAGE PROCESSING POWER AND IS QUITE OLD. What I am borrowing is a desktop setup, not a laptop.

Edited by legoboy0401, 11 March 2019 - 05:01 AM.

Spoiler

Chuck_norris10 #15 Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:52 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostBobby_Tables, on 10 March 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

I been saying this for awhile and I only see it allmost happen,it's just super slow loading and i figure someone with a lower end graphics card or internet will see it often.I can still start into a match for 2 seconds before everything else loads and I run my geforce 660 overclocked sometimes and it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Bobby_Tables #16 Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5179 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postlegoboy0401, on 10 March 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

It's a newer PC tower.

Edit: it's not mine, but I'm borrowing it until I can get a new laptop because my current laptop is AWFUL, HAS GARBAGE PROCESSING POWER AND IS QUITE OLD. What I am borrowing is a desktop setup, not a laptop.

Cool, gotcha.  Hope it gets better. 

Captain_Underpants53 #17 Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBobby_Tables, on 10 March 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

*Knocks on wood*

I am using a laptop with an AMD  Quad-Core APU.  I tried using the HD version earlier this week but it just made a bad situation worse.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

White_Widow18 #18 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 11 March 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

I am using a laptop with an AMD  Quad-Core APU.  I tried using the HD version earlier this week but it just made a bad situation worse.

I'm running a 12-core AMD APU with Radeon R7 graphics with 1024 megs of dedicated v-ram and 16 gigs of ram and want to strangle it for the mere 30-40 FPS it'll give me (down to 15 in furballs/when I get network lag) while running in high with shadows and water set all the way down. Most of my lag (framerate included (I tested this on a friend's 150mbps cable modem), I know, is down to my 3mbps DSL line though.

I rarely suggest this to someone btw.. and I really do mean -rarely-, but if you -happen- to have a bit of liquid cash or whatever and would like to improve your gaming experience an upgrade might -actually- help in this case.

Otherwise, I'll ask if you have Radeon graphics and suggest that if you do you make sure you download the latest greatest drivers and software straight from the Radeon website. It added 5 FPS to my game and that was a world of difference.

Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 11 March 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

I'm running a 12-core AMD APU with Radeon R7 graphics with 1024 megs of dedicated v-ram and 16 gigs of ram and want to strangle it for the mere 30-40 FPS it'll give me (down to 15 in furballs/when I get network lag) while running in high with shadows and water set all the way down. Most of my lag (framerate included (I tested this on a friend's 150mbps cable modem), I know, is down to my 3mbps DSL line though.

I rarely suggest this to someone btw.. and I really do mean -rarely-, but if you -happen- to have a bit of liquid cash or whatever and would like to improve your gaming experience an upgrade might -actually- help in this case.

Otherwise, I'll ask if you have Radeon graphics and suggest that if you do you make sure you download the latest greatest drivers and software straight from the Radeon website. It added 5 FPS to my game and that was a world of difference.

Thanks.  I'll check it out.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

DrSinister #20 Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:24 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Posttrikke, on 10 March 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

turning the monitor off and on really fixes black screens?     that's just so impossible improbable, but i'll try it, sir!

stranger stuff has happened around here

It is weird why my screen black screens, it has never happened before for WoWp and mind you I have played pretty much every iteration of WoWp (granted 2.0 has been very little play time) since Day 2 of Closed Beta.  But I have also had this black screen issues in various other games in the past on different patch times with up to date GPU drivers with different GPUs.  But yeah, turning off the monitor and back on fixes this type of black screen for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users