Change to 72 hour clan invites/72 hour clan joins

change 72 hour invites

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:28 AM

Captain

• 29378 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I have recently run into this problem with the demise of the H_PUN clan.  I can understand not being able to invite someone to the clan if they are already in a clan.  Keeps down the poaching.  I can understand the 72 hour waiting period after leaving a clan before joining another.  Keeps down the whackos who might get off on joining as many clans as possible in the shortest amount of time.

The problem is that 72 hours is identical for either joining after leaving a clan and the expiration of the clan invite.  So it often expires before someone can accept unless they are Johnny-On-The-Spot. 

Could the clan invite be extended for 24 hours?  Or the restriction on the  accept invite time be reduced by 24 hours?

Either would work, IMO.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

legoboy0401 #2 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 01 March 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

I have recently run into this problem with the demise of the H_PUN clan.  I can understand not being able to invite someone to the clan if they are already in a clan.  Keeps down the poaching.  I can understand the 72 hour waiting period after leaving a clan before joining another.  Keeps down the whackos who might get off on joining as many clans as possible in the shortest amount of time.

The problem is that 72 hours is identical for either joining after leaving a clan and the expiration of the clan invite.  So it often expires before someone can accept unless they are Johnny-On-The-Spot. 

Could the clan invite be extended for 24 hours?  Or the restriction on the  accept invite time be reduced by 24 hours?

Either would work, IMO.

I know the incident to which you are referring, and I know exactly what you mean, and your sentiments on this are mine also.

+1

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:05 AM

Captain

• 29378 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Thank you whoever is responsible for changing it.  Works much more efficiently now.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bobby_Tables #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9581 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 March 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

Thank you whoever is responsible for changing it.  Works much more efficiently now.

Are you available to negotiate my property taxes?

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• 29378 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBobby_Tables, on 12 March 2019 - 01:18 AM, said:

Are you available to negotiate my property taxes?

LOL, I can barely negotiate a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

:rolleyes:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #6 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• 4508 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
ty, Cap!
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Captain

• 29378 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Don't thank me.  Thank whoever the mystery person is who actually made the change!   :honoring:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

White_Widow18 #8 Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 12692 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I'm just going to put this here for posterity, as it were, regarding how to get changes made in an MMO/social game:

When asking for game changes it is best to make a -reasonable- request.. that means something that doesn't have an actual effect other than to improve the quality of the game for -everyone-. Things like balance changes, etc... you're not likely to be listened to on unless it's statistically you're favorite plane/class and you're telling them it might need reduced in power slightly.

When reporting a bug.. every last scrap of information even if it seems unconnected is key. Verbosity while still maintaining clarity of point is the bread and butter of QA and Development in terms of getting someone to pay attention.

Be Polite. No, seriously, be polite and self effacing.. that whole concept of getting more flies with honey than vinegar is -extremely- true when you're asking someone in software development to move from the path/track they've been working on and do something different. It doesn't cost you anything to just be nice.

Sympathize with them, sympathize with the way the game is currently and try to see their reasoning and explain back to them to demonstrate you understand before you go into any form of "criticism" that isn't a -bug- report. Again.. be nice. These guys (admin/support and development staff) aren't your servants or even "technically your employees" and the people who you're customers to/are employing aren't the ones you're ever going to get to yell at or communicate with.

Don't -expect- to get a yes or even get an immediate answer. Most folks have no clue how much work or how many hours software development can take. In my own experience in a past life I would make seemingly minor changes that could eat up most of a day after I tracked down how I managed to make a half dozen bugs by re-writing one minor thing or a billion more bugs by trying to fix one thing. Sometimes fixes aren't obvious.. especially when the code has hundred of other "fingerprints" on it and/or is not appropriately commented and documented. (I'd almost -assume- this game falls into that last category).

Give them your reasoning, as much of it as you can. Don't be shy, but most importantly.. STAY ON POINT. Don't wander, don't tangent, and don't use circumstantial reasoning unless it is extremely relevant to the issue at hand.

Data, data, data, dump any data you can at them. Screenshots, logs from the game, replays, and if you can, try to find the memlogs and network logs from your system to see what the processes for the game were doing with it. You'd be surprised how many things come down to memory handling wonkiness or network issues.

If you have a guess at the bug or an idea for a change, be specific. Be -very- specific in laying out whatever idea that might be.

Captain_Underpants53 did exactly what was needed to acquire a positive result to his request. Turn around on that was quick, but I imagine it was literally editing some equivalent to an elseif statement. He made a fair and reasoned request, was polite, sympathized, explained the conflict, and presented a reasonable solution.

And you may think you're a bad negotiator... but based on my experiences over the years.. it looks more like

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• 29378 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

LOL, but very good advice!

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users