Leadership Constructive Good Questions

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #81 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:45 AM

Captain

• 27421 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 March 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Ahh, I see where the confusion is.  My apologies for not being crystal clear.  I do indeed enjoy participating in legoboy's threads, and have no issue with the quality or quantity of his postings.  I was offering to him the best way to deal with non-playing forum trollers.  I invited you to peruse Perco_lator's postings, which have the distinction of offering nothing of value, while at the same time offering zero entertainment.  Legoboy can keep on doing his thing, no worries.   But in so doing, he should just ignore his detractors.  Again, my apologies for not being clear.

:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

_Panzerkunst_ #82 Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6434 battles

View PostLeastWeasel, on 01 March 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

...and take in what people tell you. You’ve had numerous people beyond WhiteKnight giving you different takes on their high-tier multi experiences, and you just kind glossed it all over with a lot of “people say” talk.

You’re starting a lot of conversations, but you’re also drowning them in static. The initial enthusiasm is appreciated; but at this point, you need to know when to yield the floor to those that are actually flying the things - and once you get in the air, all the feedback will actually mean something. Question > answer > apply it in game > back to the forums. It’s the gameplay guides circle of life.

He said it best here Lego. They gave you advice on the F84 being a decent T10 & you debated against it with them. Why ask for advice & not take it? while having ZERO T10 exp yourself...

I had heard the Me-262 & F7F sucked but I've had good times with them. You won't know until you try it yourself, no matter how many posts/polls you post. 

The forum was just fine before you got here & just because you can post doesn't mean you always should. I thought your T10 bomber thread was cool but most of your posts are complaints or purely opinion based. Discussions are good but the amount you post can seem a bit spammy. 

Lastly, Wowp is nowhere near as toxic as WOT. That being said, this is the most toxic thread I've seen since I've been here within the last year & it's about your posts. Of course you can't control how people react & it's not your fault, just something to think about. <o.

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

Prenzlau #83 Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12722 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

When I posted that I nominate Legoboy for Community Ace, I was serious, for the following reasons.

Point #1 This player community has a lack of leadership, and even if the current Community Aces are discouraged or frustrated by the actions of WG or the game, this community needs you.

Point #2 I'm not anti-Community Aces, some of them I like, but I have to ask where are they? Who is leading this community from the player's side?

Point #3 I nominated Legoboy, not to cause trouble or put him in an awkward position, but to say, "Why not him since he is actually making an effort when others are living in absentia.

Point #4 If Legoboy is not "ideal" then who is? Am I wrong for bringing this up? This community is only as strong as it is, and while not every problem or issue will not be solved, it would be nice to know that some representatives of the player community are working on it, and showing direction. You know, "fighting the good fight against the ever powerful machine". 

The reason threads are "toxic" can be disagreements, arguments, or plain not liking someone else. I would caution though that if the definition of toxic becomes "all encompassing", you might find in the future a very stale and boring environment. Discord, even heated exchanges can be healthy to a certain point as long is it does not become vulgar and grotesque. 

No matter what thread I'm in or attached to, it has a habit of becoming "The Prenzlau Show". Can you think of a more high profile forum dweller than me? I'm the contrast to the mundane, the boring and the lame. Controversial, you bet. A warplanes Diva, most likely. Jealousy runs high. I bring attention to the forum, I bring players to the forum. It is not all bad, just because a small group of players don't like me for their own reasons. 

Legoboy at least deserves to have some recognition for his effort to create topics and get people talking about those topics. Also I said so.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 03 March 2019 - 01:41 AM.

trikke #84 Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• 4120 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostQuesnel, on 01 March 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Quit....or took a very extended vacation from this title, pick the one that best fits the mood of the moment.

omgomg, brother      we were so worried about you!     

we saw news stories about bears and wolves and the Canadian winter in general, and we just worried ourselves sick

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Quesnel #85 Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View Posttrikke, on 03 March 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

omgomg, brother      we were so worried about you!     

we saw news stories about bears and wolves and the Canadian winter in general, and we just worried ourselves sick

All good, I am very much still among the living.

CorvusCorvax #86 Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:05 AM

Captain

• 4564 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostQuesnel, on 03 March 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

All good, I am very much still among the living.

I had wondered about it myself, and was worried a little. 

Z3M #87 Posted 05 March 2019 - 08:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2318 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
My once a year check in on the forums.  I see things are working as intended. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #88 Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:02 AM

Major

• 1429 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZ3M, on 05 March 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

My once a year check in on the forums.  I see things are working as intended. 

thank you sir... I appreciate your recognition

for some of us it's more than just a job

:honoring:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MARS_REVENANT #89 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:33 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Is this Pit-Shost still flowing?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Bobby_Tables #90 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9013 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 06 March 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Is this Pit-Shost still flowing?

Not anymore.  Think of yourself as the Imodium for this thread's Stit Shorm.   

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #91 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:07 AM

Major

• 1429 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 06 March 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

Not anymore.  Think of yourself as the Imodium for this thread's Stit Shorm.   

is that the OTC AD formula or the pure stuff...

lomotil uncut

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #92 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Major

• 1429 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPrenzlau, on 02 March 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

Legoboy at least deserves to have some recognition for his effort to create topics and get people talking about those topics. Also I said so.

Cheers!

Prenzlau

we have given him recognition...

and for that we got attacked

well, maybe not the kind of recognition you were hoping for

(maybe you were... who knows with you bro, hehe)

really now... I've seen worse with far fewer fireworks

where do you imagine all this over the top drama stems from

:amazed:

CorvusCorvax #93 Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• 4564 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 07 March 2019 - 03:20 AM, said:

we have given him recognition...

and for that we got attacked

well, maybe not the kind of recognition you were hoping for

(maybe you were... who knows with you bro, hehe)

really now... I've seen worse with far fewer fireworks

where do you imagine all this over the top drama stems from

:amazed:

From really insecure, thin-skinned folks.  Which is exactly where it comes from in all othe aspect of life.

Drama llamas gonna drama, right?

Perco_lator #94 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 07 March 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

From really insecure, thin-skinned folks.  Which is exactly where it comes from in all othe aspect of life.

Drama llamas gonna drama, right?

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 05 March 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

The irony is a literal-LOL.   Thanks, bro.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 27 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

The irony is literally LOL.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 21 November 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

In this particular case, your irony is a literal-LOL.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 21 November 2018 - 02:47 PM, said:

The irony is a literal-LOL.  Upvote for that.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 13 October 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

This is known as "irony".

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 17 July 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

well, that's trending into some seriously hilarious irony.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 10 July 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

You define the word "irony".

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 28 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

The irony is astounding. 

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 June 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

But I do love the delicious irony.

Edited by Perco_lator, 07 March 2019 - 02:16 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #95 Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

Major

• 1429 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

mr perky just opened the box that said do not open

how rude

:ohmy:

CorvusCorvax #96 Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• 4564 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 07 March 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

mr perky just opened the box that said do not open

how rude

:ohmy:

Drama llama gonna drama, right?  Almost as if on cue.  How's my forum game shaping up, ACE?

legoboy0401 #97 Posted 07 March 2019 - 07:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1882 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
This thread needs to die already.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

White_Widow18 #98 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12677 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
*looks in* I see the salt scrubs are still bothering people. They ask for what the "cause" of the toxicity is.. yet.. the forums have been toxic for a very long time.. seems to me the saltiest and oldest members are the common denominator in the toxicity. It's unfortunate that some have turned so bitter they can't see their own faults.

Mine, it seems, is an inability to not bully a bully right back.. it's a weakness of mine I suppose.. but since I rather enjoy it......

CorvusCorvax #99 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• 4564 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 07 March 2019 - 08:04 PM, said:

*looks in* I see the salt scrubs are still bothering people. They ask for what the "cause" of the toxicity is.. yet.. the forums have been toxic for a very long time.. seems to me the saltiest and oldest members are the common denominator in the toxicity. It's unfortunate that some have turned so bitter they can't see their own faults.

Mine, it seems, is an inability to not bully a bully right back.. it's a weakness of mine I suppose.. but since I rather enjoy it......

The lonely and socially-inept will attempt to remain relevant in the 2.x world by banging spoons  on high chairs and demanding attention as toddlers do.  And, like toddlers, we sometimes indulge them.

White_Widow18 #100 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12677 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 07 March 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

The lonely and socially-inept will attempt to remain relevant in the 2.x world by banging spoons  on high chairs and demanding attention as toddlers do.  And, like toddlers, we sometimes indulge them.

Out of upvotes for the day, have to give you a :great::medal::honoring: instead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users