PAINT SHOP BUGGED AND TOOK MY GOLD.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Beardyface86 #1 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 324 battles

I bought the I-17, noticed it has a cool snake paint job. Since its a plane I will be moving through quickly I applied it for 7d, the paint with the nose cost me 35000s. Done.

I do a flight in my newly bought P-40-M-105 and when I get out of the match, I get a popup that says "Paint applied -100g" l for no reason. The game REAPPLIED MY TEMPORARY PAINT JOB FOR REAL LIVE $CASH$ GOLD ON ITS OWN.

The best part? Support's response. "SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, WE CAN'T FIX IT. BE CAREFUL IN THE FUTURE"

I am beyond upset that the game steals my gold and I get told to "be more careful".

Beardyface86 #2 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 324 battles
For a TLDR version. I did not buy a permanent paint job. The game later decided it wanted my temporary paint job to be permanent and took 100 gold from me.

CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2615 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostBeardyface86, on 25 February 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I bought the I-17, noticed it has a cool snake paint job. Since its a plane I will be moving through quickly I applied it for 7d, the paint with the nose cost me 35000s. Done.

I do a flight in my newly bought P-40-M-105 and when I get out of the match, I get a popup that says "Paint applied -100g" l for no reason. The game REAPPLIED MY TEMPORARY PAINT JOB FOR REAL LIVE $CASH$ GOLD ON ITS OWN.

The best part? Support's response. "SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, WE CAN'T FIX IT. BE CAREFUL IN THE FUTURE"

I am beyond upset that the game steals my gold and I get told to "be more careful".

If I am not mistaken, the default payment type is gold.  If you don't VERY CAREFULLY select silver, you will get sold the paint for gold.  Almost every single purchase in the game is like that - if there is a gold/silver choice, gold is the default.  And sometimes, even though you THINK you selected silver, you didn't.  It has happened to me more than once.

Beardyface86 #4 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:52 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 324 battles
For further clarification, this is the second time this has happened. The first time I dismissed it as me being sloppy and not paying attention to buttons. SINCE THEN I've been being real careful about what buttons I press, but this time I watched it dock my credits for the temporary paint job as it should and then later just automatically apply it permanently for gold as it SHOULD NOT.

Beardyface86 #5 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 324 battles
The gold transaction occured LATER. NOT at the time of the paint job application, which I was careful to select credits for a 7d paint.It occured AFTER a match in a completely different plane, as the transaction box popped up AFTER the match in my P40-M105. I painted, and paid for the paint job on the completely different I-17 BEFORE I played the P40-M105. AFTER the match, it charged me gold and applied the paint on the I-17 permanently.

Edited by Beardyface86, 25 February 2019 - 04:58 PM.

Cenotaph #6 Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 25 February 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

If I am not mistaken, the default payment type is gold.  If you don't VERY CAREFULLY select silver, you will get sold the paint for gold.  Almost every single purchase in the game is like that - if there is a gold/silver choice, gold is the default.  And sometimes, even though you THINK you selected silver, you didn't.  It has happened to me more than once.

The thing is... if you bought a camo for credits, and click the "automatic extension" button... most people would expect the system to use credits for that as well, not just go "LOL, gimme da gold!"

Charging permanent camo prices for a credit extension... typical WG.

Edited by Cenotaph, 25 February 2019 - 07:37 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Beardyface86 #7 Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:44 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 324 battles
Support keeps telling me it's my fault and wont help me. I know what I did, what I paid for and what happened and WHEN. They're condenscendingly telling me how the camo purchase process works and how to select gold or silver. Kinda bummed out. This company has historically been really helpful and swift with their assistance. They helped me when the Beta USS Arkansas didn't show up on my account and helped me get back my M3 Light after I'd sold it years ago. I'm super disappointed, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath on this spaghetti coded game. No wonder it's a wasteland of bots.

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I am under the impression that support for WoWS and our 'support' (giggle) are two different groups.  However, I don't know.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

egikov #9 Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2734 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

This reminds me of the bug with gold consumables. It works kind of similar.

If you have gold consumables in depot and you put automatic reload, it will take a consumable from a depot and your gold too. So, most people learned not to put automatic if you put gold consumables.

I'm not sure if this bug was fixed, I don't want to risk it.

blindfoId #10 Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostBeardyface86, on 25 February 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Could you please share with me your ticket number? 

trikke #11 Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2782 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i put gaudy nose-zart on every plane i fly, because me

i only buy it for thirty days with silver, so i have to remember to click in the correct spot each time for every plane each month

it's never defaulted back to gold... ever

however, i've forgotten to click correctly several times, and that's always my fault     it's a learning experience 

but i've never seen the auto extension for nose-zart... is that not possible?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users