How can we count on it?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

comealong1 #1 Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5195 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
I've been noticing lately that I can not trust the mini map at all anymore.. My flight mate is never where the map says he is.. How in the world are we supposed to make wise choices when we can't trust it.. We need to know where to spawn.. Map should say trust at own risk.

trikke #2 Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2782 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

you're absolutely right, we see errors all the time

i'll see a long-dead red icon just sitting motionless a klick away from me, but there's nobody there

but intel in RL is often outdated, so it's realistic...  even if it's not very helpful 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

comealong1 #3 Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5195 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
And red arrows when there should not be... The red arrows are just as bad for misleading you, when you should be able to trust them... Got enough to worry about without this too... WG get your act together.

Edited by comealong1, 24 February 2019 - 04:55 PM.

White_Widow18 #4 Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I've lately seen it say I am over one node. but I'm actually over the one just south of it. It's weird because it goes away rather quickly
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 24 February 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

I've lately seen it say I am over one node. but I'm actually over the one just south of it. It's weird because it goes away rather quickly

I didnt see you coming last night when you cut my spit in half in a head on. No time to move out of the way,nothing on the radar.:D

White_Widow18 #6 Posted 24 February 2019 - 07:26 PM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
If it makes you feel better, I think I know the match you're talking about and I am pretty certain that was the match that the game bugged and stopped giving me minimap or health bars LOL
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 24 February 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

If it makes you feel better, I think I know the match you're talking about and I am pretty certain that was the match that the game bugged and stopped giving me minimap or health bars LOL

I got you next respawn but it was a chase and I saw it watching some replays at 4 am this morning.

You almost lost me a few times. You weren't on the radar so I had to go VFR and it's hard with a joystick now with limited views.

Love that spit but it's a workout with a joystick. Try grab a sip of beer and something one shots you from the heavens.

blindfoId #8 Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:57 PM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Thank you for the information. I've forwarded it to the developers team. I would really appreciate it if you could share some screenshots of the issue with me.

Do I understand correctly that this problem usually appears together with the others HUD issues like HUD stops updating and you see no changes in the battle progress bar, health bar etc.?

trikke #9 Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2782 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostblindfoId, on 25 February 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Do I understand correctly that this problem usually appears together with the others HUD issues like HUD stops updating and you see no changes in the battle progress bar, health bar etc.?

i've never noticed that the health bars and the battle progress bars stop updating... ever

but i see the the minimap errors fairly frequently      sorry, that's not much help

because i most often use the minimap to check the position of my flight partner, i rarely try to verify the actual position of other blue planes vs. what's showing on the minimap

probably the most hopeful sign is that whatever red plane is actually in front of me, it is correctly positioned on the minimap... i've never seen any errors in front of me, iirc

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

comealong1 #10 Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5195 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
In battle the mini map can't be trusted at all!.. It almost always show a flight mate at the wrong cap entirely... It deff makes a difference where you spawn.. Then the arrows need to point at plane you chase or nearest.. The way they are now they are useless.

Azis_ #11 Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1560 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I also notice plenty of errors in the mini map, times a wing will not show up at all after respawn for some time.

Targeting: I use two buttons for targeting, one for closest, another for target in front of me. Too often when trying to target nearest enemy, it will cycle through several targets all over the map, other times it will lock on to a dead target and not change. Targeting in front of me seems to be the only one that consistently works.

There used to be another option to cycle through targets, I can't find that one anymore in settings but sometimes the target closest seems to do this when I don't want it to and as mentioned, with a joystick, it is hard to look around when in the heat of a furball.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

LeastWeasel #12 Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2061 battles

Frequent errors: “frozen” icon on minimap for a now-downed plane.
Rare: Capture point health & supremacy bar lock, do not change.

And echoing on someone else’s idea:
PLEASE PLEASE FIX AND IMPLEMENT: the function of the “switch to nearest target” command. Two ideas:

1) the button simply skips to the nearest target, and does not cycle. Seperate button to simply cylce targets.

2) give you an option, in your settings, to set a “threat radius” or something - say, for example, 1000 meters. The function cycles targets within that radius.

That being said, it could be an intention of design - when you’re crowded with red, nothing beats getting seperation & using the ol’ visual scanning + alt view. The chaos of ADA + enemy can be frustrating, but also part of the thrill.

(Flying with stick, as well. Snap to target & lock switching is my bread and butter)

Edited by LeastWeasel, 25 February 2019 - 07:40 PM.

Azis_ #13 Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1560 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Might add another idea while fixing the minimap, bring back the rear view mirror! (whatever that was called)
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

mnbv_fockewulfe #14 Posted 25 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• 324 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostblindfoId, on 25 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Thank you for the information. I've forwarded it to the developers team. I would really appreciate it if you could share some screenshots of the issue with me.

The most common bug is this, planes on the radar and or minimap will be in two different locations when viewed in normal mode and then in alt mode, or even disappear and reappear.

iirc, this is a bug that's been mention on the RU forums multiple times. :sceptic:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

blindfoId #15 Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
I see, thank you for your reports once again. Everything is passed along to the team!  :honoring:

Deltavee #16 Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2031 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

MINI MINI MAP SIZE - WHERE SIZE DOES COUNT

Accuracy problem and ghost aircraft disappearing/reappearing problems - yep, we haz 'em.   :unsure:

Am I the only one that thinks the FREEPIN' map is TOO DANGED SMALL?

For example, the map on Warships is useful for tracking and tactics during the game with a choice of sizes from tourist to combat. 

It's just not possible for me to change the sizes to anything useful with the cute li'l decoration in the bottom right corner of my screen in WP.  And no, it's not my 72-year old eyes;  I had the lenses replaced so they're almost factory fresh.  It's a wee map!

This game moves several zillion times faster than WoWS   (eg: Is that a...BLOOIE ...410?  squeaka squeaka squeaka)  so faster and easier recognition is a necessity.  This of course calls for a substantially larger map that can actually be used at a glance imnsho.

I love the fact that you can see the different types of planes on the map (yes, on the screen arrows too) if you hold down the L. Alt. button but oftentimes the map is just a dollop of raspberry jam over a cap because of its diminutive size even at full magnification.  Multi-layered piles of red indicators that look like they're...multiplying.

I'd like to see the map doubled in size with settings for four sizes, the last size being double what it is presently at its current soi-disant large setting..  I kick the map size up and down depending on what I'm doing in all of the games I play.   I don't care about the map scale at this point.  It's irrelevant. 

:playing:

Edited by Deltavee, 27 February 2019 - 05:03 PM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Deltavee #17 Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2031 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostAzis_, on 25 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Might add another idea while fixing the minimap, bring back the rear view mirror! (whatever that was called)

Excellent idea!

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

Deltavee #18 Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2031 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostLeastWeasel, on 25 February 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Frequent errors: “frozen” icon on minimap for a now-downed plane.
Rare: Capture point health & supremacy bar lock, do not change.

And echoing on someone else’s idea:
PLEASE PLEASE FIX AND IMPLEMENT: the function of the “switch to nearest target” command. Two ideas:

1) the button simply skips to the nearest target, and does not cycle. Seperate button to simply cylce targets.

2) give you an option, in your settings, to set a “threat radius” or something - say, for example, 1000 meters. The function cycles targets within that radius.

That being said, it could be an intention of design - when you’re crowded with red, nothing beats getting seperation & using the ol’ visual scanning + alt view. The chaos of ADA + enemy can be frustrating, but also part of the thrill.

(Flying with stick, as well. Snap to target & lock switching is my bread and butter)

FWIW I bound the "Switch to nearest target" to the Look Forward position on the hat since I'm looking there anyway and bound "Sniper" to the Look Right position. 

Multiple forward pushes on the hat show a different aircraft, arrow and distance with each push and it is fast.  Handy for traiging.  Use L. Alt at same time for plane type iirc. 

Great if you're hunting ground pounders.

Kicking in and out of Sniper with a sideways flick of the thumb is quite convenient, no target disappearing on you when you're getting close.

The three positions on the left side of my hat and the trigger disappeared when the WG fiasco started so I figured may as well use what I've got left for new purposes.  Glad I did.  The only one I use to look around is rearward view.

:B

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Flying NA and EU

legoboy0401 #19 Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 911 battles

View PostAzis_, on 25 February 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

Sorry, I wasn't here for 1.0, could you fill me in as to why that was even a thing?

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

Captain_Underpants53 #20 Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17042 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Postlegoboy0401, on 27 February 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

Sorry, I wasn't here for 1.0, could you fill me in as to why that was even a thing?

It was a view behind your plane that showed the enemy direction and angle of turn.  Quite useful and missed by most.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users