[HELP] Trouble with LANG MEDAL

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TalenTran #1 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 1627 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Please help me how to count the number of ground target destroyed, it's make me very confuse.

I checked my personal score for the last battle, it counted me only have 7 ground target destroyed ?!! Even I destroyed a lot ground target. Like you can see, I have 125 capture points by destroyed ground target. I played GA so I can't earn capture points by destroy enemy aircraft.

And what is different about Sections of ground target destroyed and Ground target destroyed? How I can earn the number of target destroyed ?
Thanks.

Edited by TalenTran, 17 February 2019 - 01:31 PM.

qu33kKC #2 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7261 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

to get credit for a ground target, you have to destroy ALL the sections (or the last one) for it to count.  For example, a flak position has a gun, and three bunker/buildings.  You'd need to destroy all four sections to get credit for a ground target destroyed. 

Hopefully that helps?

There are some threads that explain this concept in greater detail, but I don't have them bookmarked.  :facepalm:

pyantoryng #3 Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2107 battles

Ground target destroyed: You destroyed the last section of the target and therefore remove it from play...in other words, you reduced its total HP to 0.

Also about Lang: You need to do it all in one life. Capture points is the metric for Efimov, not Lang.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TalenTran #4 Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 1627 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postqu33kKC, on 17 February 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

to get credit for a ground target, you have to destroy ALL the sections (or the last one) for it to count.  For example, a flak position has a gun, and three bunker/buildings.  You'd need to destroy all four sections to get credit for a ground target destroyed. 

Hopefully that helps?

There are some threads that explain this concept in greater detail, but I don't have them bookmarked.  :facepalm:

Many thanks for information, I understand now. For your example, if my ally destroyed 3 sections and I destroyed the last one, so still I get credit for ground target destroyed ?

comtedumas #5 Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 February 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

Ground target destroyed: You destroyed the last section of the target and therefore remove it from play...in other words, you reduced its total HP to 0.

Also about Lang: You need to do it all in one life. Capture points is the metric for Efimov, not Lang.

and win, don’t forget that.  

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

Captain

• 22539 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostTalenTran, on 17 February 2019 - 09:08 AM, said:

Many thanks for information, I understand now. For your example, if my ally destroyed 3 sections and I destroyed the last one, so still I get credit for ground target destroyed ?

Yes.  Or if the enemy destroys three sections and you get the last one.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 17 February 2019 - 04:04 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #7 Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7261 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostTalenTran, on 17 February 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

yup!  cleaning up after sloppy GAAs (from either team)  is a thing.  :great:

Cenotaph #8 Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostTalenTran, on 17 February 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

The only building that counts is the LAST building... whoever destroys that gets credit for a kill.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Stygian_Alchemist #9 Posted 18 February 2019 - 10:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10795 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

15 ground targets is a minimum of 60 sections of ground targets destroyed assuming you did nothing but AA guns and 4-tent emplacements as they are the lowest # of buildings in a target. That means also completely destroying a target otherwise that number goes up as it does if you hit anything else. You must destroy all 15 ground targets in -one- sortie. That means no dying and respawning, that resets the count toward the medal. Your team must also -win-. If they don't, tough luck.. no medal for you.

Below is an example of a multi-medal Lang grab I literally just did.
https://imgur.com/OaMdwyN

Edited to add: you can vulture it (which means less ground target sections), but I'm assuming the rest of the ground pounders know what they are doing. Probably too much credit.
Edited a second time: Also, and this is just a suggestion.. but don't loiter to cap the base unless you're fairly certain you can do so and still escape.. a lot of times I just burn through a base at full tilt shooting and bombing and rocketing and then burn sky til I see the next base.. wash, rinse, repeat. This seems to keep me alive longer as its harder for someone to end up concentrating fire on me. They have to run me down. This also works for lower tiers as long as you maintain spacial awareness and learn to maintain the energy of your plane... some planes this works less well with because their guns are bad or their bombs are no good.. but.

Edited by White_Widow18, 18 February 2019 - 11:35 AM.

Toggle #10 Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4625 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

To pick up a Lang:

1. At battle start, linger a bit behind the other GA's.  Finish the targets they've weakened.

2. Concentrate on the easy kills, not the significant targets.  If the significant target are heavily damaged, finish it off.  You can take out seven or eight targets of guns, tents and buildings or one or two significant targets

3. Only use rockets and bombs on hardened targets.  Wipe soft targets with guns. 

4. Airfields are full of soft targets, but only go into the airfield if you have plenty of fighters in the sector to keep the air defense busy.  You can usually take a few targets out just passing through an airfield en route to another sector.

5. Mines are full of targets but they are a bit harder to kill.  Go in with a full load.  If not opposed, you can spend all the time you need there, but sometimes it's better to hit and run to the next sector.  Like when there is a human on the OpFor in a GA killer and you haven't seen him in awhile.

6. Reload before proceeding to the next target rich sector.  It sucks going in to a sector and not having the ordinance to do the job.

7. If you have one in your hangar, use the tier X ME P 1102B.

Edited by Toggle, 18 February 2019 - 01:49 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Captain

• 22539 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I find the Lang to be more difficult to pick up than the Doolittle.  I get shot down a lot.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #12 Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10795 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostToggle, on 18 February 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

To pick up a Lang:

1. At battle start, linger a bit behind the other GA's.  Finish the targets they've weakened.

2. Concentrate on the easy kills, not the significant targets.  If the significant target are heavily damaged, finish it off.  You can take out seven or eight targets of guns, tents and buildings or one or two significant targets

3. Only use rockets and bombs on hardened targets.  Wipe soft targets with guns. 

4. Airfields are full of soft targets, but only go into the airfield if you have plenty of fighters in the sector to keep the air defense busy.  You can usually take a few targets out just passing through an airfield en route to another sector.

5. Mines are full of targets but they are a bit harder to kill.  Go in with a full load.  If not opposed, you can spend all the time you need there, but sometimes it's better to hit and run to the next sector.  Like when there is a human on the OpFor in a GA killer and you haven't seen him in awhile.

6. Reload before proceeding to the next target rich sector.  It sucks going in to a sector and not having the ordinance to do the job.

7. If you have one in your hangar, use the tier X ME P 1102B.

I'd quibble and say the IL-40P lol! But we all have our preferences (I have both)

Vanillain #13 Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2298 battles
The in game description says 15 enemy ground targets. So only read targets count? Was this changed because from some of the answers it seems that neutral targets count too? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users