Jump to content


Permanent Camo Not Applying to All Slots


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Trophy_Wench #1 Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1402 battles
  • 101
  • [TWE] TWE
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Not sure if other people have reported this but I purchased perma-camo for a couple of planes and attempted to apply it to all 4 slots but it would not allow me to click on apply, nor give me the option. I also tried some temp camos as well on planes and had the same problem. I can purchase it, but it only applies to my Summer slot.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 15 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17042 battles
  • 2,061
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I haven't had that particular problem.  The only thing I remember happening, a while back, is the camo freezes occasionally in one season.  And like I said, that doesn't seem to be a problem these days.

 

At the risk of cliche', I would clear cache, run check and repair, and delete game and reload, in that order.  One of those things is pretty sure to fix your problem.

 


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

egikov #3 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2734 battles
  • 202
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

There is already a topic called "Applying paint problems". It's an old bug, that never got fixed. Here is how I fixed it (it's from that topic I wrote, it's not a fix, it's work around):

"I got it working, but it really strange.

I put stock paint on all seasons and clicked Apply.

Then I chose the paint I want for every season and clicked Apply.

And it worked. 

But if you try to change paint for one season only it might not work at all with a grayed out Apply button. "

 

It gets stuck and doesn't work if you choose one season only and try to buy everything separately; and does not let you apply even the paint you already have/bought. But my solution works.



blindfoId #4 Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:04 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 895
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostTrophy_Wench, on 15 February 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

Not sure if other people have reported this but I purchased perma-camo for a couple of planes and attempted to apply it to all 4 slots but it would not allow me to click on apply, nor give me the option. I also tried some temp camos as well on planes and had the same problem. I can purchase it, but it only applies to my Summer slot.

 

Have you bought these paint schemes for all seasons or only for Summer? Could you please share a screenshot with the "Paint Schemes" open and choosing one of the other seasons which do not work for you?

egikov #5 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2734 battles
  • 202
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 18 February 2019 - 05:04 AM, said:

 

Have you bought these paint schemes for all seasons or only for Summer? Could you please share a screenshot with the "Paint Schemes" open and choosing one of the other seasons which do not work for you?

 

Look at these pictures. It's not easy to understand probably on screenshots, but Apply button is grey and white words Apply next to the paint already appear in the slot. If anyone tries to apply any paint separately the bug will appear.

It does not matter clearing the cache, it does not matter which plane, it does not matter the season or type of paint:

 

shot_126.jpgshot_127.jpg



Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 17042 battles
  • 2,061
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postegikov, on 19 February 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

Look at these pictures. It's not easy to understand probably on screenshots, but Apply button is grey and white words Apply next to the paint already appear in the slot. If anyone tries to apply any paint separately the bug will appear.

It does not matter clearing the cache, it does not matter which plane, it does not matter the season or type of paint:

 

shot_126.jpgshot_127.jpg

 

When was the last time you deleted and reloaded the game?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #7 Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 895
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View Postegikov, on 19 February 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

 

Look at these pictures. It's not easy to understand probably on screenshots, but Apply button is grey and white words Apply next to the paint already appear in the slot. If anyone tries to apply any paint separately the bug will appear.

It does not matter clearing the cache, it does not matter which plane, it does not matter the season or type of paint:

 

shot_126.jpgshot_127.jpg

 

Oh, I see. I'll contact the team about this issue. Thank you for your time and screenshots! :honoring:



GonerNL #8 Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 875 battles
  • 901
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View Postegikov, on 16 February 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

There is already a topic called "Applying paint problems". It's an old bug, that never got fixed. 

 

Indeed. Learned to live with it.

http://forum.worldof...paint-problems/

 

What also works is selecting the new camo for all 4 seasons, apply is greyed out, then select another emblem and apply is clickable again. When camo is applied, change emblem back ...


Flying on NA and EU servers

Leadlooser #9 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4158 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostGonerNL, on 20 February 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

What also works is selecting the new camo for all 4 seasons, apply is greyed out, then select another emblem and apply is clickable again. When camo is applied, change emblem back ...

I had a similar problem with the universal camouflage applying to all seasons when purchased with gold, and the free emblem swap fixed the issue, so thank Goner!



blindfoId #10 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 895
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018
Thank you guys once again. The bug is confirmed and the team is investigating! 




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users