Joystick Lock

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Kjim #1 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5280 battles
Just had my first Joystick lockup since the patch ? Anyone besides me had it ? Rejoined game and after battle was disconnected from server...so couldn't see the results of game. Hope this is random....I am unlucky you know...

Edited by Kjim, 14 February 2019 - 01:28 PM.

GonerNL #2 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1125 battles

Never had it since the patch ... but there are other, less frequent kinds of joystick lock. 

One is that after opening the team list while waiting for battle to start, stick doesn't react (100% reproducible here) ; just press <esc> and 'return to battle'.

Another one is that stick doesn't react, but unlike the infamous recent joystick bug, your plane moves backwards/sideways/down and eventually crashes. No way to get control for a very short time (like the joystick bug) using sniper view and cause your plane to crash.

And the third one is when you get a view of your plane from the front and it flies backwards away from spawn (could be caused by using hat switch to look back at the moment you were killed).

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Kjim #3 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5280 battles

This was the old one....esc doesnt work....

Deltavee #4 Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2900 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostGonerNL, on 14 February 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

Never had it since the patch ... but there are other, less frequent kinds of joystick lock. 

One is that after opening the team list while waiting for battle to start, stick doesn't react (100% reproducible here) ; just press <esc> and 'return to battle'.

Another one is that stick doesn't react, but unlike the infamous recent joystick bug, your plane moves backwards/sideways/down and eventually crashes. No way to get control for a very short time (like the joystick bug) using sniper view and cause your plane to crash.

And the third one is when you get a view of your plane from the front and it flies backwards away from spawn (could be caused by using hat switch to look back at the moment you were killed).

I had the second one last night.  Firing at an AA position then tried to pull away and the nose stayed aimed at the AA and the plane rotated on the AA but kept original direction of travel until it was flying sideways at which point it seemed to lose lift and floated down to the ground and was destroyed.  Only happened once.  At this point I'm just waiting for the aliens to show up.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Cenotaph #5 Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostDeltavee, on 14 February 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

I had the second one last night.  Firing at an AA position then tried to pull away and the nose stayed aimed at the AA and the plane rotated on the AA but kept original direction of travel until it was flying sideways at which point it seemed to lose lift and floated down to the ground and was destroyed.  Only happened once.  At this point I'm just waiting for the aliens to show up.

That sounds like server desync.
I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users