WG, PLEASE fix the black screen upon queing and black screen on returning to the hangar from battle ...

black screen bugs

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

My session tonight was less fun than it should have been. I kept getting black screen on queing(so I entered the battle late when I had to close WoWP and restart it), and every now and then, sprinkled in there, the black screen on returning from a battle.

In fact, I just a few minutes ago played my very first battle in a Tier VI, my brand-new Do 217 M, and when I returned from that battle, I wanted to see how I did, but nooooooooo,:facepalm: I couldn't because I GOT THE STUPID BLACK SCREEN ON RETURNING FROM A BATTLE, SO NOW I'LL NEVER SEE THE SPECIFIC RESULTS FOR MY DO 217 M FOR THAT BATTLE. :angry:

Ugh, and I wish that were all, but the LAG, OH THE LAG TONIGHT WAS HORRENDOUS.

I in fact had a battle in my XFL-1 where I was only able to get 135(!) combat points because all the enemies were warping around so much that I couldn't get so much as a SINGLE hit with my 37 mm cannon that ENTIRE MATCH.

WoWP, you are so buggy that I HAVE TO KEEP A DEDICATED DEALING WITH BUGS PLAYLIST!

Still though, the BLACK SCREEN WAS THE WORST! It ruined approximately 3-4 battles for me tonight, and the black screen on returning to hangar after a battle, happened about AT LEAST 3-4 times as well.

WG, PLEASE fix this NOW.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I can confirm that the packet loss problems and the black screen on battle launch are worse now.  Strangely enough, it started increasing when they fixed the joystick bug.

The black screen on return to the hangar is not really a bug.  You will notice it happens when you have a real good game.  It means someone reported you for unfair play and, for some reason, they have to disconnect you to check it out.  It's really no big deal except, as you pointed out, you can't check the after action report.  I don't know why but they vanish it for some reason when you finally get back in game.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #3 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2966 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 February 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

It means someone reported you for unfair play and, for some reason, they have to disconnect you to check it out. 

oh gosh, that cannot be real

although BSOD would be a great prison sentence for cheaters...  it still cannot be correct 

has anyone heard this?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View Posttrikke, on 13 February 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

oh gosh, that cannot be real

although BSOD would be a great prison sentence for cheaters...  it still cannot be correct 

has anyone heard this?

Again, this only applies to the disconnect after a battle when returning to the hangar.  If you watch you will notice a couple of things.

It never happens after an all bot battle.

It almost always happens after you have a real good game.  Ask blindfold (but they won't talk).

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 891 battles

I don't think it's because of being reported. It's just buggy as hell. Players are affected by that in different ways. 

What happens here is that often after a battle (any kind) I get the spinning 'loding hangar' logo and then 'cannot retrieve player details, try logging in again'. Or 'connection to server lost'. It varies. When I click OK to re-connect, it tells me my password is not correct ('remember me' is checked) and then finally I end up in the hangar. With an after battle report most of the time ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:55 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Yes, those are what I get also.  My software knowledge is sadly lacking.  I haven't fooled around with programming since the good 'ol Apple Dos days.  But it seems to me that if they need to search the game files on your computer for illegal mods, they would first need to shut down your program.

Notice any input from blindfold?  Me neither.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bluegoose02 #7 Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3011 battles
When you get the disconnected from server message and have to put your password back in , it means they did a small update. They don't always say when they do that and they don't always say what was changed.

legoboy0401 #8 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostBluegoose02, on 13 February 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

When you get the disconnected from server message and have to put your password back in , it means they did a small update. They don't always say when they do that and they don't always say what was changed.

It actually has nothing to do with any updates at all. Instead, it happens just by default.

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 February 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Again, this only applies to the disconnect after a battle when returning to the hangar.  If you watch you will notice a couple of things.

It almost always happens after you have a real good game.  Ask blindfold (but they won't talk).

:unsure:

Block Quote

Confirmation bias. That's just because all-bot(read, only one player, not per team, but IN THE ENTIRE MATCH) battles almost never happen anymore, especially not right now with Personal Ratings going on. For the moment, that's all I have to say on that as it's not something you or I could really test right now, now is it?

Block Quote

It almost always happens after you have a real good game.

Incorrect. It SOMETIMES happens when you have a real good game, sometimes it happens on your first game in any given plane, and sometimes it happens on your last(tech tree planes, when you have one more battle to go before you can sell it and get the next one in the line) on any given plane.

If I were to theorize, it would be to theorize that this only happens when you most want to see the post-battle results, PERIOD. But that is, of course, pure conjecture.(or is it?:hiding:)

Block Quote

I can confirm that the packet loss problems and the black screen on battle launch are worse now.  Strangely enough, it started increasing when they fixed the joystick bug.

This alone seems quite accurate. It still could be confirmation bias, but it's nothing WG doesn't have an established precedent on when it comes to this game.  

(So, Reasonable Suspicion then?)

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18370 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I get an all bot battle at least once a day and yes, I meant one player (me) with 23 bots.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Azis_ #10 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1756 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I will take the BSOD over the JS bug any day!

I have only got the disconnect from server BSOD since the JS fix. Never had to re enter pass and battle results are there.

BTW: The patch for the JS came out the day after my spam rant on forum :B

Edited by Azis_, 13 February 2019 - 08:41 PM.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

legoboy0401 #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostAzis_, on 13 February 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

I will take the BSOD over the JS bug any day!

I have only got the disconnect from server BSOD since the JS fix. Never had to re enter pass and battle results are there.

BTW: The patch for the JS came out the day after my spam rant on forum :B

Still annoying though. I mean, I really do hate the black screen on queing, because unlike the black screen on returning from a battle(that is irritating, but not the end of the world, because it doesn't impact the gameplay at all), the black screen on queing DOES HAVE A DIRECT NEGATIVE IMPACT ON GAMEPLAY AND THUS ON MY FUN!

NOT COOL.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Azis_ #12 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1756 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I agree lego, just saying I have not got the black screen since the patch accept after battle.
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

legoboy0401 #13 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostAzis_, on 13 February 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

I agree lego, just saying I have not got the black screen since the patch accept after battle.

It's frequency has only INCREASED for me since this latest patch.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Sopwith_ #14 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 159 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I have had pre battle Black Screen that keeps me from playing at all, yes more than annoying,.......

legoboy0401 #15 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostSopwith_, on 13 February 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

I have had pre battle Black Screen that keeps me from playing at all, yes more than annoying,.......

You have to quit the application and restart it, usually.

There is, however a VERY rare bug(I should know, as I've had it before) where you will never be loaded in to a battle, no matter what you do, and you will always have a black screen no matter how many times you restart the application until the battle is over. THAT black screen is accompanied by the strange soundtrack of waves peacefully crashing perpetually, so that will let you know if you have it or the more common one that I get.

Edited by legoboy0401, 13 February 2019 - 09:51 PM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Chuck_norris10 #16 Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1276 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 February 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

Yes, those are what I get also.  My software knowledge is sadly lacking.  I haven't fooled around with programming since the good 'ol Apple Dos days.  But it seems to me that if they need to search the game files on your computer for illegal mods, they would first need to shut down your program.

Notice any input from blindfold?  Me neither.

Apple DOS days?

You mean command prompt hacking using commands long before apple was on the scene? 

Long before ICU.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 13 February 2019 - 09:54 PM.

White_Widow18 #17 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I've suffered so many black screen load out to hangars since I started playing I just take it as part of the game. It comes and goes though and does seem to have a lot to do with whether or not someone in my home happens to be streaming video and it loads a new episode about the same time. Pretty sure it's just a lag de-sync of the connection on the load screen that probably has a billion possible ways for it to happen. I'd assume the same goes for black screen load-ins. This.. of course.. bars the ones where you load in and have a reticule and HUD but the screen is otherwise black-grey.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

legoboy0401 #18 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1305 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 13 February 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

I've suffered so many black screen load out to hangars since I started playing I just take it as part of the game. It comes and goes though and does seem to have a lot to do with whether or not someone in my home happens to be streaming video and it loads a new episode about the same time. Pretty sure it's just a lag de-sync of the connection on the load screen that probably has a billion possible ways for it to happen. I'd assume the same goes for black screen load-ins. This.. of course.. bars the ones where you load in and have a reticule and HUD but the screen is otherwise black-grey.

These are black screen on queings, and they require shutting down WoWP and restarting it, which takes some time while your plane goes into battle immediately, without you.

If you were hoping to try for a 'In a single sortie" epic medal in that match, it's a big, fat, giant LOL NOPE! to that hope,(because non-loaded players' planes still move, which is STUPID, and they are easy targets when they fly straight into enemy formations, which invariably they do) which is why it needs to be dealt with on the pronto.

Edited by legoboy0401, 13 February 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Chuck_norris10 #19 Posted 14 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1276 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
The games running fine for me tonight but a question....Are you folks getting these black screens on m/kb?

White_Widow18 #20 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6695 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Played m/KB the whole time and always had the black screen issue. 
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Also tagged with black screen, bugs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users