Ignore List

ignore bug list ignore list

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

White_Widow18 #1 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Any ideas on when that's going to be fixed? Because it gets really old when some of the children I've blocked continually can still talk and I'm forced to see their toxic chat.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

White_Widow18 #2 Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:09 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Accurate.
Opinions are like certain body parts. Everyone has them and most of the time they stink.

Booze_Morgan #3 Posted 12 February 2019 - 02:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 376 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I think it has been non-existent in-game since 1.4. Perhaps in-game blocking was never meant to be in the first place.

wylleEcoyote #4 Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3170 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS
:(

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:43 AM

Captain

• 835 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 11 February 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

Any ideas on when that's going to be fixed? Because it gets really old when some of the children I've blocked continually can still talk and I'm forced to see their toxic chat.

I recommend to just ignore them

and bask in the glory that you're not them

that you don't have to spend your whole life...

waking up with their loser attitude

that's a smile worthy thought

:)

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

White_Widow18 #6 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:22 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Some matches the ignore list works, some matches.. not. I cannot at all tell what triggers the difference either. There doesn't seem to -be- one. So I'm guessing its a server side bug maybe

blindfoId #7 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 12 February 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Thank you for your report. The information has been send to the developers and they have started the works! :honoring:

White_Widow18 #8 Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Thank you Blindfold! With all sincerity that is good news. 

Martymart1976 #9 Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4961 battles
  • [FK] FK

Yes, thank you! Some of the younger crowd and their toxicity needs to be filtered out..

White_Widow18 #10 Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:39 PM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
(To clarify, I know some of the older players aren't best behaved either.. children was just the err.. most polite way of referencing the people who say just... really nasty things in chat or mock people or or or.. well.. you get the idea I'm sure)

White_Widow18 #11 Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I am not going to remove Tank from my ignore list here -or- on the game.. but he started spouting some things that came across as extremely racist and political. I placed him on ignore after informing him as such and I would prefer not to continue being followed and harassed after I blocked him. This is a perfect example of why the ignore list needs/needed work Blindfold.

I have the screenshots to submit if necessary, but following me to the forums after messaging me out of the blue in game to spout at me things I don't find appropriate to the game or life after I have blocked him says volumes as far as I am concerned.

@Blindfold

Edited by White_Widow18, 28 February 2019 - 09:51 AM.

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 February 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

I recommend to just ignore them

and bask in the glory that you're not them

that you don't have to spend your whole life...

waking up with their loser attitude

that's a smile worthy thought

:)

Yup,works awesome in real life too!

Never lower yourself to their level with a response and as I'm mainly doing LF's right now there's no time for chat not that I would respond anyways because I wont.

At 57 years old and having worked all over Canada and the Arctic with thousands of people I still cant be pissed off. 

I just smile and wave. 

White_Widow18 #13 Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:29 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
It's why I believe in an ignore list. I'd rather just walk off and be like "uh-huh". In real life I can do this by physically walking away and avoiding association or interaction with the person. In the digital world, ignore lists work to replace that walking away and denying further interaction.

Only reason I want it fixed :) cause I'm not here for hate or drama (enough politics and isms in the "real world"). I'm here to fly and talk smack about flying.. oh and make friends with people who want to be friends and are the live and let live don't care what other people have going on sort.

Chuck_norris10 #14 Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:41 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 28 February 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

It's why I believe in an ignore list. I'd rather just walk off and be like "uh-huh". In real life I can do this by physically walking away and avoiding association or interaction with the person. In the digital world, ignore lists work to replace that walking away and denying further interaction.

Only reason I want it fixed :) cause I'm not here for hate or drama (enough politics and isms in the "real world"). I'm here to fly and talk smack about flying.. oh and make friends with people who want to be friends and are the live and let live don't care what other people have going on sort.

Pretty easy to ignore and not reply.

White_Widow18 #15 Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Pretty easy to have a game function that's basic to the entire digital world function and Blindfold has already said the devs are working on it, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.

Also, probably because -some- people will follow and repeatedly harass. One person in this thread who has posted -again- has already gotten a post removed from this thread by the mods for continuing to follow and harass after being ignored.

YMMV, but where I'm from.. if you keep following and harassing someone there's more consequences to deal with and I'd personally prefer just to deny them the option of continuing to follow and harass.

Chuck_norris10 #16 Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 28 February 2019 - 05:46 PM, said:

Pretty easy to have a game function that's basic to the entire digital world function and Blindfold has already said the devs are working on it, so I'm not sure why it's an issue.

Also, probably because -some- people will follow and repeatedly harass. One person in this thread who has posted -again- has already gotten a post removed from this thread by the mods for continuing to follow and harass after being ignored.

YMMV, but where I'm from.. if you keep following and harassing someone there's more consequences to deal with and I'd personally prefer just to deny them the option of continuing to follow and harass.

Well if comments on an online game's chat  get the best of you then I dont know what to say.

Try flying a spit or 109 and you wont have time to chat,life will be good!

if you do see an offending chat post target the guy and go after him.

White_Widow18 #17 Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:56 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Why be antagonistic Chuck? Pick a fight with someone else hun, I'm not here for it.

Chuck_norris10 #18 Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:14 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 28 February 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

Why be antagonistic Chuck? Pick a fight with someone else hun, I'm not here for it.

I wasent picking a fight. I'm Dutch....not german so calling me a hun is offensive to me.

See what I did there?

White_Widow18 #19 Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

• 5039 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
No one said picking a fight was your action, I said being antagonistic. It would be the continued end result if I were to keep rising to the bait however. I grew up with a Mother who held a PhD in English. I'm being quite exact in what I'm saying and 'hun' or 'hon' (spelling is regionally determinative) is a colloquialism intended as a friendly usage. Apologies if English isn't your first language and we've missed something in translation. Perhaps I could try using Google Translate to put what I'm saying into Dutch or German if you'd like though.

:trollface:

(My Phone is going to make me edit this another ten times I swear)

Edited by White_Widow18, 01 March 2019 - 01:29 AM.

Chuck_norris10 #20 Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:50 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 28 February 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

No one said picking a fight was your action, I said being antagonistic. It would be the continued end result if I were to keep rising to the bait however. I grew up with a Mother who held a PhD in English. I'm being quite exact in what I'm saying and 'hun' or 'hon' (spelling is regionally determinative) is a colloquialism intended as a friendly usage. Apologies if English isn't your first language and we've missed something in translation. Perhaps I could try using Google Translate to put what I'm saying into Dutch or German if you'd like though.

:trollface:

(My Phone is going to make me edit this another ten times I swear)

ok.thank's for the long detailed explanation.

Antagonistic I am not. 

I just learned to ignore drama queens about 20 years ago.

Life is too short to worry about someone you will never see or meet insulting you.

You obviously take the bait when one baits you with comments so just ignore them without help from WG.

Also tagged with ignore, bug, list, ignore list

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users