Jump to content


What are you typing to get the infamous ‘chat ban?’

chat ban

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Leadlooser #1 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:39 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3904 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

Disclaimer: Firstly, I admit that I have, too, received a WG warning for some perceived slight, but was not banned, (yet).  Furthermore, I have found this player base to be largely amicable.

 

So what is it that you are saying that gets you banned? (don't type it in any responses for fear of the ban)

 

The issue: (I think)

     Malicious intent, taunting, and hate speech are inexcusable, and I suspect that is the reason for the ‘chat ban’ in theory.  Having stated this, the ban appears to have overstretched its mandate.

     If you are not being malicious in sentiment, type what you like, typos, too.  That said, no community is complete without its rectal orifices, right?

     Certainly pilots feel the need to debrief post battle and even amid battles.  Does the chatty nature of their ‘debrief’/venting detract from the game?  That may be something to consider when chatting, though I know those using words should be able to wield them purposely and hopefully with a constructive, positive or supportive intent.  It is understandable when players reach out for empathy in frustration on occasion, but floods of negative emotion can ruin the main point of gaming; having fun.

    As I understand the English language, it is replete with metaphors, and similes, sayings and phrases that when taken literally are incomprehensible, but when in context, may give us a lmbomoment, (to be PC LAROO).  After all, SNAFU and FUBAR were contemporary during the period of this game’s theater’s vernacular.  (I just learned OTL)!

    I do believe that there is a language issue with the chatters and the chat screeners.  It does seem to be a mutually hostile environment.  This should change.  It is mutually unhealthy for the players and the providers ($WG).  Finding solutions is better than finding problems though both are important.  WG wants literal language and the NA players want natural communication (unfair (WG) = LAME (NA)).

 

Community suggestions:

     Honest, natural chatter and discussion are important to the NA community.  They want to converse without the fear of perceived non-contextual chat violation penalization.

     The chat banning bots or programs and perhaps the customer service staff could be more lenient.  Again context and ‘language culture’ in the NA community is unique, and broad sanctioning is deterrent to both chatters and chat screeners.

     Nonetheless, I believe the NA players would like to keep malicious, taunting, and hate speech a ban-able offense, but it must be overt, not implied or perceived.

    Jibber-jabbers are welcome, but the haters aren’t.

Hidden agenda:

     Is WG training us to be more creative in our discourse?  Are we moving toward a greater metaphorical lexicon thanks to the chat ban?!?

 

To my peer players: Thanks again for being so amicable!

 


Edited by Leadlooser, 09 February 2019 - 08:42 AM.


TankNoob1960 #2 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:03 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2797 battles
  • 95
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

"Lame", "Suk", "Worthless Team of Bots"...

That's about it.

Petty, Punitive and Infuriating.

THIS stupid policy will kill this game eventually as AMERICANS don't like being told what we can or cannot TYPE or SAY!

Seems to me these euro-trashskis are set on killing the NA servers for all 3 games.

I am only playing for the ratings equipment and freebies.

NO MORE US $ spent on this game.

 

Carry On,

Gunny


Edited by TankNoob1960, 09 February 2019 - 09:09 AM.

*** Second BEST BF109F pilot on the NA server - Frederich vs. Lightning Event - 1/27/2019 ***

 


TankNoob1960 #3 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2797 battles
  • 95
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostLeadlooser, on 09 February 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

Hidden agenda:

     Is WG training us to be more creative in our discourse?  Are we moving toward a greater metaphorical lexicon thanks to the chat ban?!?

 

 

 

 

"Training us to be more creative"?? ---------  Sorry, but LOLOLOL

In a word NO....

You are giving these power hungry, vindictive devs and moderators too much credit.

THEY DONT EVEN PLAY THE GAME.

IMO...They are killing the game on purpose in NA.

Doing the same stupid stuff in World of Warships also.

 

Carry On,

Gunny


Edited by TankNoob1960, 09 February 2019 - 09:09 AM.

*** Second BEST BF109F pilot on the NA server - Frederich vs. Lightning Event - 1/27/2019 ***

 


SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3424 battles
  • 2,152
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
To be fair, there's some really toxic individuals who needed to be shut up but that could have been solved by allowing naming and shaming of bad behaviour and actually reviewing and acting upon the most toxic behaviour. When the pendulum swings it swings too far. 

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 16248 battles
  • 1,746
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

:medal:

 

Ban bots!  Not people!  I had a First in Victory this morning by a huge margin and some bot started spouting 'hax'.  I find that offensive.  But guess what?  You can't report a bot.  They are allowed to offend you all they want to. 

 

I believe it to be a large bot conspiracy.  :hiding:

 

 


Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 09 February 2019 - 11:09 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 3,746
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 09 February 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

:medal:

 

Ban bots!  Not people!  I had a First in Victory this morning by a huge margin and some bot started spouting 'hax'.  I find that offensive.  But guess what?  You can't report a bot.  They are allowed to offend you all they want to. 

 

I believe it to be a large bot conspiracy.  :hiding:

 

 

I say poop CUPants


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3424 battles
  • 2,152
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

I'm pretty sure they don't know Malay so I'll have the chance to exercise a second language :p

 

My main regret is that my keyboard doesn't support Chinese characters or I'd be exercising a third language. I guess there's always pinyin. 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Moonrider #8 Posted 09 February 2019 - 02:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 1197 battles
  • 211
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTankNoob1960, on 09 February 2019 - 04:03 AM, said:

"Lame", "Suk", "Worthless Team of Bots"...

That's about it.

 

Carry On,

Gunny


Ah! Concrete examples!
Try this instead (copypasta is your friend): "This team couldn't figure out how to dump water out of a shoe if the instructions were printed on the sole."


HARANGUE, n. A speech by an opponent, who is known as an harangue-outang.


CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:05 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2444 battles
  • 2,285
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 09 February 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

To be fair, there's some really toxic individuals who needed to be shut up but that could have been solved by allowing naming and shaming of bad behaviour and actually reviewing and acting upon the most toxic behaviour. When the pendulum swings it swings too far. 

 

Well, there are other ways to make those folks' lives hard in-game.  Such as be a complete potato as a team mate.  ACTIVELY acting to make the team lose.

 

"Oh, no, I crashed into the ground in my own zone."

 

Accidentally dropping bombs in your own zone.

 

For those folks, we need a potato database.  Clan French Fry. - first nominee for clan captain would be ILikeWaffles.  Or whatever his name is these days.  Of course, when you see Clan French Fry members on the other team, you drop everything and relentlessly headhunt them.

 

Accidentally ram them?


Edited by CorvusCorvax, 09 February 2019 - 04:05 PM.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 3,746
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 09 February 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

 

Well, there are other ways to make those folks' lives hard in-game.  Such as be a complete potato as a team mate.  ACTIVELY acting to make the team lose.

 

"Oh, no, I crashed into the ground in my own zone."

 

Accidentally dropping bombs in your own zone.

 

For those folks, we need a potato database.  Clan French Fry. - first nominee for clan captain would be ILikeWaffles.  Or whatever his name is these days.  Of course, when you see Clan French Fry members on the other team, you drop everything and relentlessly headhunt them.

 

Accidentally ram them?


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


FLAP_ALOT #11 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 459 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    03-03-2016

View PostTankNoob1960, on 09 February 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

"Lame", "Suk", "Worthless Team of Bots"...

That's about it.

Petty, Punitive and Infuriating.

THIS stupid policy will kill this game eventually as AMERICANS don't like being told what we can or cannot TYPE or SAY!

Seems to me these euro-trashskis are set on killing the NA servers for all 3 games.

I am only playing for the ratings equipment and freebies.

NO MORE US $ spent on this game.

 

Carry On,

Gunny

 

very true,I'm from the UK,this lefty ,green,vegitarism mentality is everywhere!

They are the minority however they have the voice.

Stop the world I want to get off!



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #12 Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 3,746
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostFLAP_ALOT, on 09 February 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

 

very true,I'm from the UK,this lefty ,green,vegitarism mentality is everywhere!

They are the minority however they have the voice.

Stop the world I want to get off!

those pinko commie kids are ruining it for us old guys

can't they just wait until we die

errr... judge jeanine and sean hannity should have some words with those punks

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:24 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 16248 battles
  • 1,746
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I took Archie Bunker and Al Bundy as my role models for parenthood.  What could go wrong?

 

:P


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

FLAP_ALOT #14 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 459 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    03-03-2016

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 09 February 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

those pinko commie kids are ruining it for us old guys

can't they just wait until we die

errr... judge jeanine and sean hannity should have some words with those punks

 

 

 Lol, your making me Feel very old

CorvusCorvax #15 Posted 09 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2444 battles
  • 2,285
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 09 February 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

I took Archie Bunker and Al Bundy as my role models for parenthood.  What could go wrong?

 

:P

 

Red Foreman.

sandtiger #16 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15297 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostLeadlooser, on 09 February 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

Disclaimer: Firstly, I admit that I have, too, received a WG warning for some perceived slight, but was not banned, (yet).  Furthermore, I have found this player base to be largely amicable.

 

So what is it that you are saying that gets you banned? (don't type it in any responses for fear of the ban)

 

The issue: (I think)

     Malicious intent, taunting, and hate speech are inexcusable, and I suspect that is the reason for the ‘chat ban’ in theory.  Having stated this, the ban appears to have overstretched its mandate.

     If you are not being malicious in sentiment, type what you like, typos, too.  That said, no community is complete without its rectal orifices, right?

     Certainly pilots feel the need to debrief post battle and even amid battles.  Does the chatty nature of their ‘debrief’/venting detract from the game?  That may be something to consider when chatting, though I know those using words should be able to wield them purposely and hopefully with a constructive, positive or supportive intent.  It is understandable when players reach out for empathy in frustration on occasion, but floods of negative emotion can ruin the main point of gaming; having fun.

    As I understand the English language, it is replete with metaphors, and similes, sayings and phrases that when taken literally are incomprehensible, but when in context, may give us a lmbomoment, (to be PC LAROO).  After all, SNAFU and FUBAR were contemporary during the period of this game’s theater’s vernacular.  (I just learned OTL)!

    I do believe that there is a language issue with the chatters and the chat screeners.  It does seem to be a mutually hostile environment.  This should change.  It is mutually unhealthy for the players and the providers ($WG).  Finding solutions is better than finding problems though both are important.  WG wants literal language and the NA players want natural communication (unfair (WG) = LAME (NA)).

 

Community suggestions:

     Honest, natural chatter and discussion are important to the NA community.  They want to converse without the fear of perceived non-contextual chat violation penalization.

     The chat banning bots or programs and perhaps the customer service staff could be more lenient.  Again context and ‘language culture’ in the NA community is unique, and broad sanctioning is deterrent to both chatters and chat screeners.

     Nonetheless, I believe the NA players would like to keep malicious, taunting, and hate speech a ban-able offense, but it must be overt, not implied or perceived.

    Jibber-jabbers are welcome, but the haters aren’t.

Hidden agenda:

     Is WG training us to be more creative in our discourse?  Are we moving toward a greater metaphorical lexicon thanks to the chat ban?!?

 

To my peer players: Thanks again for being so amicable!

 

 

i think this is the best start to the ban chat ever...

 nice job man and nicely said ..

   I  got banned for typos on a few normal words one  was talk about fishing with a friend in hanger and i put the word bass but my hand hit the space bar when it twitch and boom chat ban... i Know it take 3 case of bad words of thing you can not do or say  that get you banned ... I am sure i messed up with other words  like the word class i told someone those where some classy move you pulled in that dog fight .  but  think the ban hammer did not like this  statement it was a hay that was some nice fly... but   Ban hammer see the word classy used in wrong ways so it may be on the list as well ...but my biggest goof was writing the word Carp but miss spelling it and writing the Carp  word that has the r in the wrong place   i was try to say oooo Carp but i said  horse pop in stead ooooops now i just use grrrrrrrrrrrr for any thing that is just frustrating me  my bone head move in my plane or a game error  grrrrrrrrrrr is all i have used because i do not want to get chat banned any more the  worst is no on knows your banned

and you can see what they are write to you but you can not write because you oops 

but i well say have the ban has made me rethink weather i like this game enough to stay

so one is holding a gun to my head to play it so as you can see i have stayed but i also no some very good pilots that have not been play because

of the chat ban  .. Any way i like the way you started this hole topic and nice way to put it

have a great day every one

 



Deltavee #17 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1922 battles
  • 372
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 09 February 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure they don't know Malay so I'll have the chance to exercise a second language :p

 

My main regret is that my keyboard doesn't support Chinese characters or I'd be exercising a third language. I guess there's always pinyin. 

 

Use your second language if you have one if for no other reason than to find out just what languages their system recognizes.  Je suis à peu près sûr qu'un certain nombre de langues étrangères sont hors de la capacité de leurs ordinateurs.

I invariably have Google Translate open under another tab when I'm on line anyway.


Edited by Deltavee, 09 February 2019 - 07:47 PM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying on N.A. and E.U. servers


qu33kKC #18 Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4678 battles
  • 111
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017
there's always Pig Latin. . . . . :teethhappy:

White_Widow18 #19 Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4064 battles
  • 159
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
One ban, I dropped a string of three swear words.

My only issue with the ban was that they had not previously been enforcing swearing as a bannable thing. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #20 Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 809 battles
  • 3,746
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostDeltavee, on 09 February 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

Use your second language if you have one if for no other reason than to find out just what languages their system recognizes.  Je suis à peu près sûr qu'un certain nombre de langues étrangères sont hors de la capacité de leurs ordinateurs.

I invariably have Google Translate open under another tab when I'm on line anyway.

the computers, hardware and the AI software for WG are bleeding edge technology

so to your last statement I say... merde de vache

:amazed:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.






Also tagged with chat ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users