The Official Thread: What in your opinion is the worst and/or most awful plane in the game to play a...

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

GonerNL #41 Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1059 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 13 February 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

As a pilot who favors German heavies, the human-powered bomber is my primary mission.  

Just specced my 109Z and put the project Germany gas-operated action on them ; it just shreds the B-32 and RB-17 ... actually start to like the plane now. Also put lightweight on it for just a bit more maneuverability ... 
Flying on NA and EU servers

CorvusCorvax #42 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• 3990 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGonerNL, on 13 February 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Just specced my 109Z and put the project Germany gas-operated action on them ; it just shreds the B-32 and RB-17 ... actually start to like the plane now. Also put lightweight on it for just a bit more maneuverability ... 

I might have to revisit this plane.  God help me.

GonerNL #43 Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1059 battles

I hated the 109Z when I first got it ... but it kinda grew on me.

Now maybe I should revisit the Fw 190D and try for the Ta 152. If I can fly the 109Z, they might work for me too ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

Azis_ #44 Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1883 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

The 109's were the first that many consider BnZ that I actually liked and got a handle on. I still fly them more TnB but just vertical.

Had/have a lot of fun in the Z also, I usually run the MG over the cannon tho and stretch out the vertical TnB most times. I will get up after the bombers though and with cannons, will put out a hurt.

Without doubt my Favorite was the Beau, not as much fun since the nerf but I still do very well in it.

Glory days of the Beau, butt gunner trainiing :)

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

legoboy0401 #45 Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1520 battles
  • [FK] FK

Well, as for me, I both love and hate my BRAND-NEW, fully-upgraded LaGG-3. It's a surprisingly good plane(though it tends to stall a little too much and at the worst times), strapped to PATHETIC armament.

Don't get me wrong, the hub 23 mm ABSOLUTELY WRECKS when it hits, because of it's INSANELY high damage per hit for an auto-cannon, but when it doesn't,(or overheats, because it does that a lot) well...

...Against Tier IVs, you are not impressive. Against Tier Vs, you are a pretty darn low threat. Against Tier VIs, you might as well not even exist, you are an absolute joke. Besides the 23 mm, there is only 1 12.7 mm? REALLY? REALLY? YOU COULDN'T EVEN MAKE IT SYMMETRICAL?!:facepalm::sceptic:

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

hoom #46 Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8291 battles

LaGG-3 was my first T5 so for me it will always be considered a revelation of speed & power compared to the slow I-16s & low tier Brits even though its objectively equal or bettered by Yak-1 in all important stats except the hub cannon.

Historically it was overweight & had to use an underpowered engine -> original design of 2* 7.62mm & 3* 12.7mm (or 20mm + 2* 7.62mm + 1* 12.7mm as in the LaGG-3 (4) premium) was cut down to improve performance & from recollection it wasn't uncommon for it to be flown with just the 20mm.

We get a version representing a late production one with various weight & aero improvements plus the more powerful VK-106 engine it was historically denied.

Never managed to find a reference to it using the 23mm, though there was a 37mm variant as seen in LaGG-34 premium.

Edited by hoom, 26 February 2019 - 10:08 PM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

legoboy0401 #47 Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1520 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Posthoom, on 26 February 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

LaGG-3 was my first T5 so for me it will always be considered a revelation of speed & power compared to the slow I-16s & low tier Brits even though its objectively equal or bettered by Yak-1 in all important stats.

Historically it was overweight & had to use an underpowered engine -> original design of 2* 7.62mm & 3* 12.7mm was cut down to improve performance & from recollection it wasn't uncommon for it to be flown with just the 20mm.

We get a version representing a late production one with various weight & aero improvements plus the more powerful VK-106 engine it was historically denied.

The speed's not too bad. I like the speed. I sort of like the firepower, and I sort of don't. I just have a very love/hate relationship with this plane so far.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

hoom #48 Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8291 battles

Yeah, if I'd flown almost any other T5 first I don't think my memories of it could be anywhere near as pleasant.

The low-altitude, low speed play must be a really hard transition for those who flew something fast & high altitude like 109-E MiG-3 as their first T5.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #49 Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4578 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
LaGG-3 was mediocre but not bad. It was probably one of the last tier 5 fighters (if not actually THE last tier 5 fighter) I flew and I thought it still measured up reasonably well. Better than the Zero at least and I preferred it to the Yak. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

legoboy0401 #50 Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1520 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 26 February 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

LaGG-3 was mediocre but not bad. It was probably one of the last tier 5 fighters (if not actually THE last tier 5 fighter) I flew and I thought it still measured up reasonably well. Better than the Zero at least and I preferred it to the Yak. 

It's not a bad plane. Only my second battle in it I got 9(all enemy) kills in it, so it's not all bad. What it is is frustrating when that 23 mm doesn't hit, and when it gets kills stolen(which happens A LOT, believe me) right out from under it, and of course when it STALLS in the SLIGHTEST vertical maneuver, costing you the kill.

But it's a fun plane to fly.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users