The Official Thread: What in your opinion is the best and/or your favorite plane in the game and why...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Johnny_Wishbone #41 Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 503 battles

My favorite planes of all time is probably, as hoom said, the La-5. I did most of my play in it before 2.0, and it was a monster back then.

Currently, the airplane I do best in is the P-39Q. It's a highly-capable turnfighter that has enough firepower with that grapefruit-thrower in the nose to go after bombers and GAs in a pinch. The MesserSpit is a close second because of its high-altitude limits, which gives you the ability to go after Mustangs and such in their own home.

The aircraft I *LIKE* the most are the XP-58 and the Mustang Ia. The XP-58 is fast, tough, hits like a train.  The Mustang Ia is a Mustang with 20mm cannon instead of wimpy-[edited]machine guns. What's not to like? It's a monster.

legoboy0401 #42 Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1445 battles

View PostJohnny_Wishbone, on 01 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

My favorite planes of all time is probably, as hoom said, the La-5. I did most of my play in it before 2.0, and it was a monster back then.

Currently, the airplane I do best in is the P-39Q. It's a highly-capable turnfighter that has enough firepower with that grapefruit-thrower in the nose to go after bombers and GAs in a pinch. The MesserSpit is a close second because of its high-altitude limits, which gives you the ability to go after Mustangs and such in their own home.

The aircraft I *LIKE* the most are the XP-58 and the Mustang Ia. The XP-58 is fast, tough, hits like a train.  The Mustang Ia is a Mustang with 20mm cannon instead of wimpy-[edited]machine guns. What's not to like? It's a monster.

The Spitfire DB605 and the Mustang Ia are some of the most BROKEN planes in the game at the moment, excepting the P-39N-1.

No wonder you like them so much.

Edited by legoboy0401, 04 March 2019 - 04:48 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

LeastWeasel #43 Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2245 battles

View Postlegoboy0401, on 04 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

The Spitfire DB605 and the Mustang Ia are some of the most BROKEN planes in the game at the moment, excepting the P-39N-1.

If you’re having trouble against the DB605, try dealing with it the same way you would any of the competent, short-ranged generalist planes - play hard to your strengths. A dedicated turner can out-turn it, and an altitude plane can BnZ it. The german Spit can hold its own in a lot of engagements - you need to emphasize your own strengths. If  you’re in an opposing “jack of all trades” fighter... just make sure to win the fight before it starts & focus on awareness, and only taking good engagements.

Regarding the Mustang Ia: it - has a more flexible armament than the MkI (which I fly extensively) -  and shares the same weakness... in terms of flight characteristics, it’s like an underpowered,  less-manueverable P-51. If you’re an altitude fighter, you can out-fly it & choose the engagement - and as a TnB, do your TnB thing. Draw them in and evade/ensare. 

Edited by LeastWeasel, 04 March 2019 - 10:33 PM.

hoom #44 Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7118 battles

I think he means broken as in Overpowered...

Edit: nevermind, misread

Edited by hoom, 04 March 2019 - 10:53 PM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

LeastWeasel #45 Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2245 battles

View Posthoom, on 04 March 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

I think he means broken as in Overpowered...

I know, I was trying to give advice for flying against those two planes if he was having trouble facing off with them. I’ll edit to clarify.

hoom #46 Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7118 battles
Hmm yes I totally misread that :hiding:
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #47 Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:06 PM

Captain

• 3406 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 04 March 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

All of these planes are easy to shoot down with tech tree planes.  They are fun to fly, but you can match up against them well, and best even the most accomplished pilot flying them.  Using your aircraft to its best advantage is how.  Oh, and not being stupid.  That also helps.  Ask me how I know...

legoboy0401 #48 Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1445 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 04 March 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

All of these planes are easy to shoot down with tech tree planes.  They are fun to fly, but you can match up against them well, and best even the most accomplished pilot flying them.  Using your aircraft to its best advantage is how.  Oh, and not being stupid.  That also helps.  Ask me how I know...

They are EXCELLENT carrying planes, it must be said. But other than that, I agree.(Although every time I see one of them, they INVARIABLY do well)

They are by no means invulnerable or unstoppable. A little too strong sometimes, perhaps. But not perfect.(that's also because OP ARMOR is not a thing in WoWP, so everyone can easily taken out by the right planes or the wrong planes with the right playstyle and the right opportunity)

Edited by legoboy0401, 04 March 2019 - 11:12 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users