Who flies IJN multiroles?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

LeastWeasel #1 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2245 battles

Hello, all - I’ve combed through the forums & youtube offerings, and noticed there is a distinct absence of content relating to the tier VIII & beyond Japanese multiroles. Given it’s a new year (and a newish version of the game for me), I’m considering moving on up from my A7M. 

I’m looking to hear input and thoughts from people on how they fly, fit in to the meta, and your thoughts on their skill/equipment loadouts - in 2.0.5+! 

Outside of the Fantome and occasional Yak/A7M play, TnB is an outlier for me, playstyle-wise. I know that the J7W1 is a fairly dramatic departure - but in what direction? 

WhiteKnight416 #2 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4291 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

I've flown the J7W1 and J7W2

What they are is decent low level head hunters

Their maneuverability is decent for an MR, speed is not great but with decent boost and climb/dive speeds

The cannons on the J7W1 are basically clones of the German Mk 108s, hard hitting very good dps for their tier but their low rate of fire and muzzle velocity makes then a little tricky to use in a hard turning dogfight. 

The top guns on the J7W2 are much more like the 213/30 or ADEN guns, exceptional dps and solid rate of fire. 

As I said both planes excel at low level headhunting, even Soviet Stalinium forged GAs fall apart fairly quickly under these guns, and if you can blindside an opponent you'll take off a lotnl of health before he thinks about turning

Cenotaph #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

J4M is the only one I've flown... but, J7's are on my "Dangerous target" list... and if 2.0.5 hadn't ruined the desire to work on tech trees, I'd likely have a J7 by now.

You just can't ignore them... or, if you do, you'll often pay a hefty price.

Edited by Cenotaph, 06 February 2019 - 07:09 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

pyantoryng #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1998 battles
It's like having heavy fighter level of firepower but with much greater maneuverability and actually being able to match speed and smack them GAA to pieces. If you can catch someone with their pants down in a furball it's going to be hurt...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20791 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 February 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

It's like having heavy fighter level of firepower but with much greater maneuverability and actually being able to match speed and smack them GAA to pieces. If you can catch someone with their pants down in a furball it's going to be hurt...

Oh no!  I can see the headline now!  'pyantorying takes down underpants!  Pictures to follow!'

:playing:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #6 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1004 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 06 February 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

It's like having heavy fighter level of firepower but with much greater maneuverability

That!

I only have the J7W1 so far and I really like it.

Oh and there is the premium J4M Senden, but it's entirely different. Faster but less maneuverable ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

Twindwarfs #7 Posted 07 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3714 battles
There is only one advantage of J7Ws: damage. The ballistics and range of their guns are not good but the damage per second is insane. J7W1 has 880 DPS (twice of A7M), better than any heavy fighters in tier 8 except P.1056. J7W2 and J7W3 have 1200 DPS, also close to the firepower of heavy fighters. Their maneuverability is not as good as Zeros, J7W1 and J7W2 have maneuverability similar to most BnZ fighters like P51s, Migs. J7W3 in tier 10 has a little bit better maneuverability, similar to I-220 and Me 209A. So you cannot engage in a turn fight with any TnB fighters, it will guarantee a loss. You don't have the speed or altitude performance to disengage either. Whenever you decide to engage in a turn fighter, you have to one-pass-kill, otherwise, you pray they didn't notice you. Personally, I like fast planes so they are not my favorite, but I have to say they are very strong planes, especially J7W2 and J7W3. In tier 9 and 10, there are no bombers, as compensation, each team has 3 GAAs. High tier GAAs can take captures extremely fast. Being able to kill enemy GAAs efficiently is one of the key factors to win the game. J7Ws are the best planes in this game to deal with GAAs. Sometimes when you see friendly and enemy GAAs are fighting for the plant like, forever. You fly to the plant, kill enemy GAAs, drop bombs, do some ground attack if needed and the plant is yours. The entire process takes less than 1 minute.

Edited by STJ_12, 07 February 2019 - 08:18 PM.

LeastWeasel #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2245 battles
Thanks for all the input! I was ready to pick up my J7W1, but I’m going to wait a few more days for the March of Nations sale - just took advantage of it to finally grab the Me 262 HG II, Me 329, and BF-109F. With the exception of my german Ga’s & Fantome, I’ve really been on an energy fighter kick (I feel like I spent all weekend in my Mustang MkI) - looking forward to an alternate approach! 

Definitely eager to get my hands on this; got all kinds of ill-advised ideas about skills/equipment!! Considering pushing both manueverability & survivabilty at the expense of speed... maybe even fit Resilience in there for a better chance at counterpunching someone who happens to get the drop on me.

Edited by LeastWeasel, 12 February 2019 - 04:17 PM.

legoboy0401 #9 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1494 battles

View PostLeastWeasel, on 12 February 2019 - 08:15 AM, said:

Thanks for all the input! I was ready to pick up my J7W1, but I’m going to wait a few more days for the March of Nations sale - just took advantage of it to finally grab the Me 262 HG II, Me 329, and BF-109F. With the exception of my german Ga’s & Fantome, I’ve really been on an energy fighter kick (I feel like I spent all weekend in my Mustang MkI) - looking forward to an alternate approach! 

Definitely eager to get my hands on this; got all kinds of ill-advised ideas about skills/equipment!! Considering pushing both manueverability & survivabilty at the expense of speed... maybe even fit Resilience in there for a better chance at counterpunching someone who happens to get the drop on me.

I just used that same March Of Nations: Germany sale to pick up my first Tier VI, the Do 217 M.

I can't wait until this stage of the Personal Ratings event ends and the next one begins so that I can play it in the event.

Edited by legoboy0401, 12 February 2019 - 10:14 PM.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

LeastWeasel #10 Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2245 battles
I’ve been trying to run the Secret Trials/PR event while also grinding daily missions & the xp-55 (why did I not aim for the vampire first?).... Too many spinning plates! I am looking forward to PR stages where you’re not at a disadvantage when you pick up the occassional GA/bomber.

Edited by LeastWeasel, 12 February 2019 - 10:49 PM.

legoboy0401 #11 Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1494 battles

View PostLeastWeasel, on 12 February 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

I’ve been trying to run the Secret Trials/PR event while also grinding daily missions & the xp-55 (why did I not aim for the vampire first?).... Too many spinning plates! I am looking forward to PR stages where you’re not at a disadvantage when you pick up the occassional GA/bomber.

This stage is wearing thin for me, and I'm experiencing a bit of burn-out personally, mostly because Bombers are the class I find the most fun, and they, NOT ANY OTHER CLASS was the reason I came to WoWP in 2.0.2

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users