Jump to content


Rankings Mission #1 - Thanks for the Gold and Engines!


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TankNoob1960 #1 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:11 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

Dear WOWP Staff,

Really enjoyed the first mission for the Special German Equipment.

I won 500 Gold and got the Ultimate engine for T5-7 and the Advanced engine for T8-10.

There were many more human players the entire 5 days of the mission and made for a lot of fun.

Can't wait till the next round starting this Thursday.

Thanks Again,

Gunny


 

 


CaptainBussey #2 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:56 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2995 battles
  • 118
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018
I wonder if they will post the ranking somewhere on the web page?

hoom #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:07 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7106 battles
  • 1,446
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I only got in the 250-500 bracket myself, but its from not a huge amount of playing.

 

Definitely a lot more human players than normal, I had a bunch of great battles 8 v 8 & maybe even higher :)

Biggest rank I saw was a bit over (or under?) 1500 so there's at least that many active players.

 

Is the Equipment actually better than normal & somehow German specific?

 

Edit:

Block Quote

 

In addition, participation in the personal ratings will provide an opportunity to acquire the unique special projects of Germany — equipment developed by German engineers specifically for heavily-armed, high-speed aircraft.

It is suitable for all aircraft of the corresponding period and is distinguished by significantly higher characteristics than its standard counterparts.

 So is not German specific, is better than normal :)

 

Edit2: So in Depot they are labeled as Special German Equipment.

My Stock Uprated Engine has +4% Acceleration, +2.5% Cruise speed with the standard -5% fire resistance.

 


Edited by hoom, 06 February 2019 - 07:16 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CaptainBussey #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:23 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2995 battles
  • 118
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018

View Posthoom, on 06 February 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

I only got in the 250-500 bracket myself, but its from not a huge amount of playing.

 

Definitely a lot more human players than normal, I had a bunch of great battles 8 v 8 & maybe even higher :)

Biggest rank I saw was a bit over (or under?) 1500 so there's at least that many active players.

 

Is the Equipment actually better than normal & somehow German specific?

 

Edit:

 So is not German specific, is better than normal :)

 

Edit2: So in Depot they are labeled as Special German Equipment.

My Stock Uprated Engine has +4% Acceleration, +2.5% Cruise speed with the standard -5% fire resistance.

 

 

I came in 43 so I received 250 gold and the Advanced Uprated Engine.

 

Above the name Advanced is "Special Project of Germany"

 

Also on the icon that looks like an RPM gauge, there is a very small German Flag at the top to also let you know.

 

This one has +7% Accel Without boost, +4.3% Cruise Speed, +4% Boost Availability, +3% Engine Cooldown Rate, -14% Resistance to Fire



J311yfish #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2433 battles
  • 1,340
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013
It is better, but also requires more components to calibrate/upgrade.  It is experimental, after all.

Tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures


J311yfish #6 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2433 battles
  • 1,340
  • [343] 343
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013

View PostTankNoob1960, on 05 February 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

Dear WOWP Staff,

Really enjoyed the first mission for the Special German Equipment.

I won 500 Gold and got the Ultimate engine for T5-7 and the Advanced engine for T8-10.

There were many more human players the entire 5 days of the mission and made for a lot of fun.

Can't wait till the next round starting this Thursday.

Thanks Again,

Gunny

 

Congrats on getting Ultimate and Advanced!  

Tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures


TankNoob1960 #7 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:07 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostJ311yfish, on 05 February 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

It is better, but also requires more components to calibrate/upgrade.  It is experimental, after all.

 

True and Thanks!

I finished 70 in the T8-T10 and 8 in the T5-T7 categories, specialized a couple planes and finally ground out the TA-152 after unlocking the P.210 months ago.

I put the Ultimate engine on my Specialized Spit V since it is not "German specific equipment" and the Advanced engine on my Specialized T8 P.210.

Then I enhanced it to Ultimate and I can actually feel the difference.

I would not waste this equipment on non-specialized planes..IMO

This should be fun all month.

 

Peace,

Gunny


Edited by TankNoob1960, 06 February 2019 - 09:11 AM.

 

 


TankNoob1960 #8 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

Also, I am interested to KNOW what the BOMBERS will do in the next mission set since it is "Damage to aerial targets"?

My B32 was really good at just getting points on the last set.

 

Ratings schedule

Name Period Rating criteria Conditions
Secret Trials: Engine From January 31 15:00 PT / 18:00 ET
till February 5 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET 
The number of destroyed aerial and ground targets Tier V-X aircraft (all nations)
Secret Trials: Weapons From February 7 15:00 PT / 18:00 ET till February 12 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET Damage to aerial targets Tier V-X aircraft (all nations)
Secret Trials: Crew From February 14 15:00 PT / 18:00 ET till February 19 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET Number of personal points Tier IV-X aircraft (all nations)
Personal ratings by period From February 21 15:00 PT / 18:00 ET till February 26 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET The number of times a player becomes one of the team's top 3 Aircraft of all tiers and nations

Every week, we will publish a list of awards by division for the upcoming rating. Stay tuned!

 

 


 

 


TankNoob1960 #9 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:21 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostCaptainBussey, on 05 February 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

I wonder if they will post the ranking somewhere on the web page?

 

Hope they do, they gave out the goodies as fast as I have ever seen....lol

Congrats on winning!

Gunny


 

 


GonerNL #10 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 962 battles
  • 1,118
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

Flew only EU server, but next weekend I will try do some battles on NA too. 

This time I concentrated on the Gold cup (31-200), which was not too difficult and ended up around pos. 80. Flew only a few battles for Bronze (401-1000) and got pos. 700.

But if it is as easy on NA as on EU to qualify for the Bronze or maybe Silver cups, I will try and get some stock or improved gun equipment. 

Time allowing ..

 

View PostTankNoob1960, on 06 February 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Also, I am interested to KNOW what the BOMBERS will do in the next mission set since it is "Damage to aerial targets"?

 

I guess we won't see that many bombers and ground attackers ... flew a lot of GA last weekend when I found out I got more ground kills than air kills on average.


Edited by GonerNL, 06 February 2019 - 10:44 AM.

Flying on NA and EU servers

blindfoId #11 Posted 06 February 2019 - 11:05 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,153
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostTankNoob1960, on 06 February 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Dear WOWP Staff,

Really enjoyed the first mission for the Special German Equipment.

I won 500 Gold and got the Ultimate engine for T5-7 and the Advanced engine for T8-10.

There were many more human players the entire 5 days of the mission and made for a lot of fun.

Can't wait till the next round starting this Thursday.

Thanks Again,

Gunny

 

Congratulations, good job! :honoring:

 

View PostCaptainBussey, on 06 February 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

I wonder if they will post the ranking somewhere on the web page?

 

If you mean description of the ratings, we have this article which is already updated to the new week ratings. If you mean the list of top players of the last ratings, no, we are not planning to do so.

 

View Posthoom, on 06 February 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

 

Is the Equipment actually better than normal & somehow German specific?

 

 

 

Slightly better and has different bonuses when upgraded. We've edited this article, so now you can take a look at the stats of the new equipment.



GonerNL #12 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 962 battles
  • 1,118
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostblindfoId, on 06 February 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Slightly better and has different bonuses when upgraded. We've edited this article, so now you can take a look at the stats of the new equipment.

 

Is it correct that the German version has different 'Special Effects' ? Not the percentages, but the effects themselves ...

For instance, the German gas-operated has 'accuracy' listed and the normal version does not.


Flying on NA and EU servers

blindfoId #13 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,153
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostGonerNL, on 06 February 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

 

Is it correct that the German version has different 'Special Effects' ? Not the percentages, but the effects themselves ...

For instance, the German gas-operated has 'accuracy' listed and the normal version does not.

 

Yes, it is correct. 

CaptainBussey #14 Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2995 battles
  • 118
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    02-17-2018

View PostTankNoob1960, on 06 February 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

 

Hope they do, they gave out the goodies as fast as I have ever seen....lol

Congrats on winning!

Gunny

 

Thanks bud, you too

TankNoob1960 #15 Posted 06 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostGonerNL, on 06 February 2019 - 02:35 AM, said:

I guess we won't see that many bombers and ground attackers ... flew a lot of GA last weekend when I found out I got more ground kills than air kills on average.

 

I agree, I flew my Spit and B-32 almost exclusively for the T5-T7 and my XF-85 for the T8-T10.

This week I will be in my TA152 and Yak 15 as it is DAMAGE not KILLS.

(You don't have to actually finish them off)

I guess we will see BOT bombers and GA this weekend.

Good Luck!

Gunny


 

 


Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19749 battles
  • 2,731
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostTankNoob1960, on 06 February 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

 

I agree, I flew my Spit and B-32 almost exclusively for the T5-T7 and my XF-85 for the T8-T10.

This week I will be in my TA152 and Yak 15 as it is DAMAGE not KILLS.

(You don't have to actually finish them off)

I guess we will see BOT bombers and GA this weekend.

Good Luck!

Gunny

 

I will provide some target practice!

 

:hiding:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

TankNoob1960 #17 Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:40 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 February 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

 

I will provide some target practice!

 

:hiding:

 

LOL... Yeah sure..

All I ever see is your name at the top of the leaderboards or the team scores on games we have shared.

Great flying and good luck this weekend.

Gunny


 

 


Stygian_Alchemist #18 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:07 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 8501 battles
  • 1,566
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
Made 5th place in the t8-10 bracket.

Saw so many more players at T10 than I -ever- do that it blew my brain apart.

LOVE the reward engines, put them on my ME 262 and well.. ROCKET AWAY! At least until we get the new German bombers =D

El_Mulo #19 Posted 08 February 2019 - 01:23 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 14405 battles
  • 599
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015

View PostCaptainBussey, on 06 February 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

I wonder if they will post the ranking somewhere on the web page?

 

What for?

It doesn't meassure anything but the one that played it more without dying.

 


What we say to death?

TankNoob1960 #20 Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5501 battles
  • 271
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostEl_Mulo, on 07 February 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

 

What for?

It doesn't meassure anything but the one that played it more without dying.

 

 

Voted "Dumb comment of the MONTH"!

 

 





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users