• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

sandtiger #1 Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15297 battles

so yesterday just to see if  it could be done

i team up with with my wing man

we took a tier 3 with a tier ten just to see if it could be done

your fight system dose not seem to care what people that are flight are take in to

battle... also there seem to be more Error in the game when teamed with someone

i am not sure how testing of the flight team is done for wowp  but i seem to see more

Error in the game when flight ed with someone  i seem more black screen, crash,

or plane falling to the ground and have there red arrow keep showing as if the downed plane i still

there  or  base not show  the bar of the base moving ...  never see the base  cap bug/ error when not in

a team or aka  a flight ... but there just seem to be a lot more wrong with the game for me when i teamed up

like the other day there was a plane with no tags and no  markings of what team it was on ..also

have see a plane that was invisible ..  but th one Error/ bug that really get me is the one that put my gun sight to the right side

where my speed is show also one where my ga has no gun sight bomb sight or tail gun sight not sure how to fix that

and i would show a pic but it always says my file is to big when i try to write a ticket 

anyway just some things i see more often in a flight aka  team with a wing man ..

but after the last to patch it seem to be more often then i remember but i am human and flawed at that

so it could just be the same but it is still a lot more in a flight them when i play by my self

if you  have any suggestion on how to make this better for me and my wing man i all for hear them

any help to make this issue  happen less

White_Widow18 #2 Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
This is a thing.

Cap meter stops moving, points stop showing as increasing, sometimes the reticule goes away, and it seems to be linked specifically to flight chat. It's not an all the time bug, but if you talk in the text flight chat it seems to increase the frequency. Just being in a flight and queuing can sometimes make it crop up.

Planes will spiral to the earth burning the whole time and never disappear even after you've destroyed them when this happens as well a lot of times. It's quite not fun.

blindfoId #3 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

As for the tier difference, it is described in the article dedicated to the MM system:

Block Quote

The main factors that the matchmaker takes into account are aircraft tiers, number of flights, and the aforementioned ratio between aircraft from the two categories in each team. The general rule is that the maximum tier difference between the battle and any aircraft in it should be “-1”. This means that a Tier VII battle can include Tier VI aircraft, but not vice-versa. The only exclusion from this rule are situations when there is a flight that has one aircraft several tiers lower than their wingman. When finding them a battle, the matchmaker will match them based on the higher tier aircraft, and simply assume the lower one’s tier to be the lowest possible for that battle. 

Talking about:

View Postsandtiger, on 06 February 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

battle... also there seem to be more Error in the game when teamed with someone

i am not sure how testing of the flight team is done for wowp  but i seem to see more

Error in the game when flight ed with someone  i seem more black screen, crash,

No, being in a flight doesn't effect the frequency of Black Screens and disconnects appearing, even it may seem so. 

But there's definitely cases of:

View Postsandtiger, on 06 February 2019 - 12:33 AM, said:

or plane falling to the ground and have there red arrow keep showing as if the downed plane i still

there  or  base not show  the bar of the base moving ...  never see the base  cap bug/ error when not in

like the other day there was a plane with no tags and no  markings of what team it was on ..also

When in a flight. As far as we can see HUD may stop updating (and the issues you described are the problems with HUD updating) when you write something to the flight chat. We are investigating the problem and any logs and replays will be appreciated if you consider to report them to the Customer Care. I may recommend you to avoid using the flight chat while the issue is not taken care of.

Thank you for your report and good hunting! 

Moonrider #4 Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1200 battles

View Postsandtiger, on 05 February 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

so yesterday just to see if  it could be done

i team up with with my wing man

we took a tier 3 with a tier ten just to see if it could be done

View PostblindfoId, on 06 February 2019 - 05:48 AM, said:

The general rule is that the maximum tier difference between the battle and any aircraft in it should be “-1”. This means that a Tier VII battle can include Tier VI aircraft, but not vice-versa. The only exclusion from this rule are situations when there is a flight that has one aircraft several tiers lower than their wingman.

Why is this allowed at all? Please ask the dev team to stop this behavior.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who flights up outside of the normal matchmaking range is blatantly trying to grief their team and cause a loss. If they repeatedly do so (once from curiosity is marginally acceptable, sandtiger), they need to be penalized for unfair play.

I was in a match yesterday with a tier one flighted with a tier seven. Guess which team lost?
I managed to NOT put anything in chat that would get me chat banned.

Barely.

What I was thinking would have reduced everyone's monitor to smoking ash.

Edited by Moonrider, 06 February 2019 - 01:53 PM.

HARANGUE, n. A speech by an opponent, who is known as an harangue-outang.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16248 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostMoonrider, on 06 February 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

As far as I'm concerned anyone who flights up outside of the normal matchmaking range is blatantly trying to grief their team and cause a loss. If they repeatedly do so (once from curiosity is marginally acceptable, sandtiger), they need to be penalized for unfair play.

I was in a match yesterday with a tier one flighted with a tier seven. Guess which team lost?

Barely.

:medal:

Good point and I agree.  However it should be noted that some of us older, more senile folks, have done this purely by accident.  Please don't throw us out with the bath water.

:hiding:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 758 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
I thought I was seeing things when a biplane tried shooting down my meteor.

Moonrider #7 Posted 06 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1200 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 February 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

:medal:

Good point and I agree.  However it should be noted that some of us older, more senile folks, have done this purely by accident.  Please don't throw us out with the bath water.

:hiding:

Been a card carryin' AARP member for 12 years. I'll leave you with an Ian Fleming quote: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

HARANGUE, n. A speech by an opponent, who is known as an harangue-outang.

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16248 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostMoonrider, on 06 February 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Been a card carryin' AARP member for 12 years. I'll leave you with an Ian Fleming quote: "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

LOL.  I'm not sure how long I have actually been a member but I was first asked to join AARP over 30 years ago when I retired from the Air Force.  I didn't join at that time because I had just turned 40 and kinda felt insulted.  Ah well.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

White_Widow18 #9 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI

View PostblindfoId, on 06 February 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

As for the tier difference, it is described in the article dedicated to the MM system:

Talking about:

No, being in a flight doesn't effect the frequency of Black Screens and disconnects appearing, even it may seem so. 

When in a flight. As far as we can see HUD may stop updating (and the issues you described are the problems with HUD updating) when you write something to the flight chat. We are investigating the problem and any logs and replays will be appreciated if you consider to report them to the Customer Care. I may recommend you to avoid using the flight chat while the issue is not taken care of.

So it's -not- been just me all these months with the flight chat issue?

Good to know, really. It's made so many battles get messed up for myself when flighting with clan mates that I actually felt guilty sometimes to fly with my clan. Finally got on Discord to get around that... but I find it super annoying because I'm not personally a fan of voice chat and it's far simpler to just quick type a message into the game interface than pick up my phone and type it in between nodes. :P

Either way, seriously, I've talked about this bug with lots of people and everyone thought I was insane like Cobra thought Tiger was :P So I'm glad to have this as a -confirmation- its going on.

I've been dealing with this since October when I first started playing sooooooooo... I'm curious whats making it suddenly crop up hardcore for other people lol

White_Widow18 #10 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
I'm going to go out on a rare limb and 100% agree with you Chuck LOL

sandtiger #11 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

• 15297 battles

View PostMoonrider, on 06 February 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

Barely.

to this i also wrote to the other player because i felt bad that he had  been in our experiment..

things i want to Know  is how far down

you could go and my wing man want to play the tier 3

i have no tier ones and i had forgot i had two tier two i could have uses

but the  tier 3 is bad enough 

but i want to know 

can you click battle with a tier 3 and tier 10  answer to this  yes 

question two can it find a match yes

well it put you in a match with just you and your wing man the answer to this no

well it find a plane that is tier 3 or lower  for  the other side no

but main question to this hole thing was dose world of war planes '

have system like world of tanks ..where if you pick a tank that is to low..  it well tell you to pick a higher tier tank 

by tell you  this tank is not suitable ... to my shock it dose not ..

so the experiment went further then  expected

so i post things like this one to show hay i found something maybe you already knew this but i did not 

also  maybe this is something  that the development team may want to fix in the future

and most of all people can make mistake..  have there wing man pick a   bad tier

and the game well still put you in a match ...

so mostly i am try to help the game be a better place by posting thing i see

and or reporting them

but most the time i see the low tier  high tier together .. it is because someone  forgot to change there plane when they where switching to a new tier

or they click the battle button when they where  not look at what there wing man had picked .. 

but our intent  was not to make the game harder it was just to see what would happen and now

we know that yes if can be done should it no

would i say go out a try ti for your self no

but if you do so be it  your stats your well hurt by get a loss

if your like me i try things that are new to me because i like to find out if it can be done

but i would suggest this is a bad idea and i would like to see in the future in one of these

patch where the devilment team finds a suitable tier up tier down system 

where the game well tell you this plane is not suitable for this flight ...

i not sure what is the right level of plane

i would think one up one down would work

i do not know how the math for mm works ...

sandtiger #12 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:58 AM

• 15297 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 06 February 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

Talking about:

i just want to say thanks blind fold for the info 

Edited by sandtiger, 07 February 2019 - 02:36 AM.

blindfoId #13 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postsandtiger, on 07 February 2019 - 04:58 AM, said:

i just want to say thanks blind fold for the info 

Ah, no problem! :honoring:

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 07 February 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

So it's -not- been just me all these months with the flight chat issue?

Good to know, really. It's made so many battles get messed up for myself when flighting with clan mates that I actually felt guilty sometimes to fly with my clan. Finally got on Discord to get around that... but I find it super annoying because I'm not personally a fan of voice chat and it's far simpler to just quick type a message into the game interface than pick up my phone and type it in between nodes. :P

Either way, seriously, I've talked about this bug with lots of people and everyone thought I was insane like Cobra thought Tiger was :P So I'm glad to have this as a -confirmation- its going on.

I've been dealing with this since October when I first started playing sooooooooo... I'm curious whats making it suddenly crop up hardcore for other people lol

Faced this problem myself a couple of times. If it's no bother you may consider it useful to create a ticket next time you encounter this issue as any information will be useful. 

Immelmann_ #14 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2799 battles
Hmmm... even other issues besides not being able to finish the flight because of joystick issues? Maybe developers can take the hint and just do a major overhaul of the program. What ever it takes to fix the best flight program out there!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users