Senior Master Sergeant

• 1174 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 February 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

Our clan commander has been AWOL for over two months.  No explanation.  :(

I asked blindfold what to do about this over a week ago.  No response.  :(

Anybody know what can be done in this situation?  :unsure:

Been there, done this. 

As it stands, the Hole Punchers Clan has active Deputy Commanders and if WOWPs works anything like WOWS, the Deputy Commander can pretty much do anything the Clan Commander can which allows the Clan to function without the Commander's presence.   

Certainly not an ideal situation but one which is workable for a good long while. 

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #22 Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20688 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I don't think so, personally.

As an Executive Officer, 2nd only to the Commander, there are several things I can't do.

Promote folks beyond Personnel Officer, demote anyone my rank or higher, evict anyone my rank or higher, disband the clan.  I think there are one or two more things that only a Commander can do.  Mostly though, I can't in good conscience recruit anybody into the clan as it stands. 

I apologize to all the folks I recruited earlier but I never had any idea it would come to this sorry pass.

:(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20688 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Update.  I just received a reply to my ticket about this issue.  Others here are correct.  WG will not do anything unless they receive a ticket from the Commander relinquishing the clan to someone else.  I always wondered why there were so many thousands of defunct clans.  Now I guess I know one of the reasons.

To me, the clan is in a non-tenable, unsustainable position.  Kinda sad really.   :(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

legoboy0401 #24 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1493 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 February 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

I don't think so, personally.

As an Executive Officer, 2nd only to the Commander, there are several things I can't do.

Promote folks beyond Personnel Officer, demote anyone my rank or higher, evict anyone my rank or higher, disband the clan.  I think there are one or two more things that only a Commander can do.  Mostly though, I can't in good conscience recruit anybody into the clan as it stands. 

I apologize to all the folks I recruited earlier but I never had any idea it would come to this sorry pass.

:(

Apology accepted. Honestly, I never expected to do much in the clan anyways. I'm mostly a solo player, with a once-in-a-blue-moon division. My stats are meh and I own not a single plane past Tier V for the moment. I divisioned more in WoWS(more friends that were online more often), but now it is clear that I almost certainly will never go back to that game, and even if I do, it will be a long time before I do so. Even in that game, though, I was still more of a solo-player than a division-player.

Am I a little disappointed? Sure I am, but this game tends to disappoint(are very common and persistent bugs not at the very minimum disappointing?).

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

DangerDoskit #25 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1926 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Well I guess this was a fun run while it lasted.

till we rise from the ashes.  07 

trikke #26 Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

Captain

• 3314 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posttrikke, on 05 February 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

well, it was a good troll!    i've heard Wonderwall, but not a fav

sorry, not even in the same ballpark as All Around the World    it's a ridiculous repetitive song, but it has amazingly hypnotic brickwalling

[unless i missed the meaning of the Wonderwall troll or something, i've never really listened closely to the lyrics]

and i finally get it now, Bobby      your post in another thread that i hadn't yet read...  excellent play on my 'oasis on the internet'

i'm slow

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Also tagged with what

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users