F2G - From Pain to Pleasure

F2G niiiiiice

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 04 February 2019 - 05:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4866 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

So, back in the day in 1.X, I grinded the F2G two times to get the two planes attached to it in the tech tree.

What a PIA, the F2G was like totally inept at anything.  I just stuck with it and kept playing until I got the F-94D and F-6U.

Nowadays, I hop into my non-specialized F2G and it's a blast.  I play full ordnance because that's pretty much what I will have when I specialize it.  

But this thing is a BEAST even unspecialized.  It might not carry the battle, but it can really contribute.  In 1.9, it was more of an afterthought.  Just a plane to shoot down when you wanted to.  Now, it kicks [self edited].

Maybe it's because there is no more pressure on my part?  I finished the line up to T10 probably 2 years ago.  Maybe, they stealth-buffed this thing.  Dunno, but what was once a drag is now pretty fun.

I tend to keep planes and not sell them and I am glad I held onto this one.

[Edit] OK, maybe I spoke too soon,  Just got schooled by a bunch of bots.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 04 February 2019 - 06:09 AM.

Cenotaph #2 Posted 04 February 2019 - 07:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

F2G is a solid plane, and that 1600lber is fun...

I admit, I rushed through mine straight to the F-94, ignoring many possible upgrades in the process...

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

Toggle #3 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 4436 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
There was a time the F2G was the OP plane at it's tier.  Those who had one, pwned and those who didn't, loathed. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

Captain

• 809 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Dearest of Boobie,

you rarely shine when you're serious

stick to what you excel at

yes the plane was bad, now good and could be...

I dunno... better, worse, buffed, nerfed, sanitized, aerated or polished on a bishop buffer...

make your hallmark and let others try and keep up

:rolleyes:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Catch21 #5 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3384 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

I struggle with this monster, and not just the controls. It's getting to the point where I have to be forcibly strapped in. What crew skills and equipment did anyone who made it through to the F6U Pirate and F-94D Starfire find useful?

P.S. If you see me out there in your sights, please remember it's under duress.

LeastWeasel #6 Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1190 battles

View PostCatch21, on 05 February 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

I struggle with this monster, and not just the controls. It's getting to the point where I have to be forcibly strapped in. What crew skills and equipment did anyone who made it through to the F6U Pirate and F-94D Starfire find useful?

P.S. If you see me out there in your sights, please remember it's under duress.

I’ve gone with Sights, LWF, and the High-Speed Gas Turbine. Skills are MM 1&2, with firefighting as a placeholder. Take Engine Cooling as your consumable!

Boost is for getting out of situations/catching people caught out alone - this is not a “first in” plane. I went LWF for comfort - but your turning radius is already good for your ideal range band - use that 720 meter cannon range! Crit from a distance, find furballs to poke in on from the outside. 

Long range guns, good speed, decent turn. These are your three tools. 

Also tagged with F2G, niiiiiice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users