• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #61 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 708 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 06 February 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

casual, certainly not imho

it's used to emphasis the chasm between his good and bad and it's effect on his present life

this is a dirty city life he portrays

that word is like using the word damn

true, but the so-called 'd' word is fairly mild swearing. I don't approve of saying it, nor would I say it, but it still isn't much worse than using Hades(not the real term, something either on this computer or the forum censored it into hekk(I don't know why) as a expletive), instead of referring to the place by the same name.

but the f word just ruins every song, that and the s word.

Why? Because listening to these songs repeatedly when one's guard is down will more often than not have the effect of making one swear like a sailor in no time, which is no way to speak period, but especially in polite company, and the latter sailors do all the time.

Besides, there's a reason why this forum censors these two words, among others: they are seriously dirty, or at least WG definitely does not approve of saying them where even young teens(13 and 14 certainly count as somewhat young teens) are around, and also, you have got to know that some sub-13 year olds play this game, just as they do almost every non 18+ game.

But yes, it is kind of integral to the song, but making it so integral to the song is treating it like it's a normal word, which it MOST CERTAINLY isn't.

Edited by legoboy0401, 07 February 2019 - 01:47 AM.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

Spoiler

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #62 Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:49 AM

Captain

• 809 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlegoboy0401, on 06 February 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

true, but the so-called 'd' word is fairly mild swearing. I don't approve of saying it, nor would I say it, but it still isn't much worse than using Hades(not the real term, something either on this computer or the forum censored it into hekk(I don't know why) as a expletive), instead of referring to the place by the same name.

but the f word just ruins every song, that and the s word.

Why? Because listening to these songs repeatedly when one's guard is down will more often than not have the effect of making one swear like a sailor in no time, which is no way to speak period, but especially in polite company, and the latter sailors do all the time.

Besides, there's a reason why this forum censors these two words, among others: they are seriously dirty, or at least WG definitely does not approve of saying them where even young teens(13 and 14 certainly count as somewhat young teens) are around, and also, you have got to know that some sub-13 year olds play this game, just as they do almost every non 18+ game.

that seems to be your opinion on all of societal norms...

I have bad new for you sir,

your or my opinion are not the last word in societal norms

I believe over protection from reality causes more problems than it solves

at some point in life we all have the curtain pulled back from the storybook fables we are told as children

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Perco_lator #63 Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

I will decide what is normal for me thank-you.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Catch21 #64 Posted 07 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3458 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostPerco_lator, on 07 February 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

I will decide what is normal for me thank-you.

Works for me too...

Attached Thumbnails

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users