• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #41 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:18 AM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postbradk62, on 04 February 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

I written on this before.  

In 1.X with no respawns, people had a lot of time on their hands after being shot down waiting for the battle to be over and often felt the need to occupy themselves with the in-flight chat.  Surprisingly, there was just about as much grief from my own team about "stealing" kills and generally not flying "right" as from the opponents about cheating or poor sportsmanship (ramming, picking on individuals, etc). 

Sometimes, I'd get a full 10 minutes of complaining which would often escalate to messages so censored  I couldn't understand them (**** you, *** *******) when I didn't respond.

The 2.0 crowd is much more laid back, or has too much going on.

I know you are a true veteran...

and I respect your opinion, 

it's just that I had much different experiences

I enjoyed the 1.x experience so much more

2.0 is so guarded and contrived...

almost phony in it's attitude toward real life

life is sometimes tough and dirty

it's no excuse for rudeness but... an invitation for honesty

even though it can be slightly messy

I like honesty much better

:B

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 05 February 2019 - 02:24 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #42 Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 3064 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

in general, life is just too short to get sucked into toxic chatfights

this game and this forum are both such a pleasure 

i've said this 100 times... this place is an oasis on the internet 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Bobby_Tables #43 Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6025 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postbradk62, on 04 February 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

I written on this before.  

In 1.X with no respawns, people had a lot of time on their hands after being shot down waiting for the battle to be over and often felt the need to occupy themselves with the in-flight chat.  Surprisingly, there was just about as much grief from my own team about "stealing" kills and generally not flying "right" as from the opponents about cheating or poor sportsmanship (ramming, picking on individuals, etc). 

Sometimes, I'd get a full 10 minutes of complaining which would often escalate to messages so censored  I couldn't understand them (**** you, *** *******) when I didn't respond.

The 2.0 crowd is much more laid back, or has too much going on.

I never thought that the old no-respawn mechanic had something to do with chat negativity, but now that I have read this thread, it's at least part of it.  

So many times in 1.X, being one of the last survivors, you had people scream at you via chat that you are doing it all wrong and go here, go there, do this, do that, what are you, an idiot?  That is now gone because they are all back in battle.  At least until the squall line hits.  

Add to that the fact that there are far fewer real humans per battle.  If you only have 1 or 2 humans per side, the potential for chat-sniping is greatly reduced.  

I do miss telling people "UR ded, shut up".  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 05 February 2019 - 03:46 AM.

Bobby_Tables #44 Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6025 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Posttrikke, on 04 February 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

i've said this 100 times... this place is an oasis on the internet 

For your enjoyment, here is some Oasis on the internet:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #45 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:27 AM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

And all the roads that lead you there were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

maybe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #46 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:34 AM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Azis_ #47 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I up you one greenday

Edited by Azis_, 05 February 2019 - 05:22 AM.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Bobby_Tables #48 Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6025 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Ya'll went and scroood up my troll on Trikke.  Hope you are happy with yourselves.

Wake Me Up When September Ends, dear lord.  Almost as annoying as Wonderwall, but far from an Oasis on the internet.  More like:

Azis_ #49 Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1795 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Well Bobby it does require some intellect..if you don't get it, don't condemn those who do.

Trump would have no clue. ;)

And no.... do not start this...

Edited by Azis_, 05 February 2019 - 06:09 AM.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Noreaga #50 Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:57 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

its always been less toxic, even with the constant stream of jaded comments about past mistakes, this place can be a blast to read. 

I personally think its down to a few things most already mentioned:

Age: think most people are a little older or at least more mature than your standard "i hate you face internet guy/girl"

frame of mind: wrapping your head around 3d combat requires a little more of an open mind than "hide in da bush and shoot at them"

small community: for whatever reasons its always been a small community here, fun, crazy, but not "tanky" at all.

who knows, i just know that i stop in every 2-3 months to see how everyone is dong from the old days (surprising number of them still haunting the place). its great to come back and see all the people who used to play a PVP game with you, lots of respect of skills etc. Not something ive seen on any popular game websites...

Nimis obnoxii curare

bradk62 #51 Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3999 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 February 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

I know you are a true veteran...

and I respect your opinion, 

it's just that I had much different experiences

I enjoyed the 1.x experience so much more

2.0 is so guarded and contrived...

almost phony in it's attitude toward real life

life is sometimes tough and dirty

it's no excuse for rudeness but... an invitation for honesty

even though it can be slightly messy

I like honesty much better

:B

Ace,

You and I are of the same mind.  I liked the 1.x version of this game soooo much better.  I wish they would bring it back but know they won't. 

This game attracts new players for the ease of flying/playing and the fancy graphics but isn't challenging enough to keep people interested.  Skill to move up has largely been replaced by grinding.

I flight up with lots of new folks and they say they love it but after a few days, I never see them again.

The main point I was trying to make was that with the re-spawns, people have a lot less time chat and don't go off on personal rants, criticism or "(not) helpful" suggestions.  

Minus a few very rare exceptions, people here and in the game are great!  The exceptions were unfortunately slightly less rare in 1.x but still only 2 people I ever seriously considered blocking and only 1 did I actually block.  Not a bad experience for 7 years of entertainment.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #52 Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 05 February 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

Ya'll went and scroood up my troll on Trikke.  Hope you are happy with yourselves.

Wake Me Up When September Ends, dear lord.  Almost as annoying as Wonderwall, but far from an Oasis on the internet.  More like:

the troll was on the sad side of weak,

I was just trying to give you an out...

and at the same time... some makeup tips

yw

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #53 Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postbradk62, on 05 February 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Ace,

You and I are of the same mind.  I liked the 1.x version of this game soooo much better.  I wish they would bring it back but know they won't. 

This game attracts new players for the ease of flying/playing and the fancy graphics but isn't challenging enough to keep people interested.  Skill to move up has largely been replaced by grinding.

I flight up with lots of new folks and they say they love it but after a few days, I never see them again.

The main point I was trying to make was that with the re-spawns, people have a lot less time chat and don't go off on personal rants, criticism or "(not) helpful" suggestions.  

Minus a few very rare exceptions, people here and in the game are great!  The exceptions were unfortunately slightly less rare in 1.x but still only 2 people I ever seriously considered blocking and only 1 did I actually block.  Not a bad experience for 7 years of entertainment.

thanks for clarifying your post...

sometimes I's as dumb as a hitchin' post

I agree that there is less discord and in game rage rants,

but for what we've given up in the name of bliss and content...

I'd argue we got the brown end of the stick

be careful for what you wish for and stuff...

Bobby_Tables #54 Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6025 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
:(  sigh

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 05 February 2019 - 11:38 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #55 Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 05 February 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

:(  sigh

lemme brighten up your night

and we can do the simplest of threads...

only one per person per day

check off topic

:amazed:

CorvusCorvax #56 Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

Captain

• 3117 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 February 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

sometimes I's as dumb as a hitchin' post

Sometimes?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #57 Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:41 AM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 05 February 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

Sometimes?

well somewhere between 1 and 99% of the time

Catch21 #58 Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3902 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 06 February 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

well somewhere between 1 and 99% of the time

LoL, why stop there? Go on, power right through 100, we know you can do it... (and you really, really want to). 

LATE EDIT: Checked to see if breaking OT guidelines. No, not really...

Edited by Catch21, 06 February 2019 - 05:41 PM.

legoboy0401 #59 Posted 06 February 2019 - 10:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1425 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 04 February 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

The song is an otherwise great song, I've always thought, but the casual use of the ''F' word just ruins it.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #60 Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

Captain

• 914 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlegoboy0401, on 06 February 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

The song is an otherwise great song, I've always thought, but the casual use of the ''F' word just ruins it.

casual, certainly not imho

it's used to emphasis the chasm between his good and bad and it's effect on his present life

this is a dirty city life he portrays

that word is like using the word damn

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 07 February 2019 - 12:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users