What the hell is wrong with you people?

community fair fun good will

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Leadlooser #1 Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6145 battles

I’ve just spent the last four hours laughing and appreciating the gameplay.  It’s a game and should be fun, of course!

Why is this community so non-toxic?  I’m very happy to be involved with the community in this state of goodwill and charity and all the –apathy derived verbiage.  The questions still stands; “Why is THIS COMMUNITY so NON-TOXIC?”  Am I living in a diamond mine clean-out?

The addendum is to ask why some other WG communities are so toxic.

This post is mainly to say thanks to the pleasant player-base.  

I hope that this isn't read as an obligation to counter-punch and be more toxic.  Please just absorb some good vibes from me and our community!  I'm sure some of you blokes will give us a bit of a rub here, but good on you all.  I'm not your enemy, just your opponent or compatriot from time to time.

Cheers, pals and see you in the skies.

Stygian_Alchemist #2 Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Honestly.. I believe age is a huge bit of it. I'd say your average WoWP player is slightly older.

Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

A lot of us are over 50 years old and that may have a lot to do with it. 

Chuck_norris10 #4 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 03 February 2019 - 02:48 AM, said:

Honestly.. I believe age is a huge bit of it. I'd say your average WoWP player is slightly older.

Beat me to it!

Maturity is a big factor and you may be surprised at how many of us dont play anything but flight sims and arcades.

This is why I was surprised that they marketed this game to gamers upon release and maybe should of focused on people who do fly IRL or love flying.My suggestion at the time was to advertise in AOPA pilot magazine which is widespread throughout the world and can be found in any hanger or airport lounge in America.But they focused on their playerbase in tanks hoping to bring some of the population over.

The forum was a lot more toxic a few years ago for sure and some may have lost patience and moved on but us old guys still hang as we have lots of patience,time and money.

In remote arctic camps one toxic negative guy can bring a camp of 40 men to blows in 48 hours and will be choppered out at any cost and blacklisted. In powerline construction we get one guy raising his voice at the crew and he's gone the next day because in life the toxic and negative nellies are nothing but drama queens and I refuse to even work with them.

Captain_Rownd #5 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2321 battles

Because there's too much action (and respawns) and flying is too hands-on to allow people time to type nonsense into the chatbox. 

I think the black hole that is Toxic Tanks may have sucked up the universe's entire supply of juvenile rage anyway. 

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 03 February 2019 - 10:25 AM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

Stygian_Alchemist #6 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11064 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Action, Age, Affluence.

I kinda break those last two -slightly- being only mid-30s and disabled and ergo.. not affluent... but I think those are probably the main factors. The people who play this game generally are less stressed and have more money (affluence), they are definitely not -usually- kids.. because frankly.. kids go play some other game that requires less... understanding of physics even in a theoretical model.. the action definitely though is a big deal, but.. also..

THE ABILITY TO RESPAWN.

Seriously... The fact that if you die you can respawn probably reduces the rage factor by a thousand fold. Tanks... drive out.. artillery snipes you with a good shot in the first 20 seconds and oh look.. it's over tank is unusable for 5+ minutes YAY!... Warships.. oh.. I got torpedoed to death in the opening salvos because I played anything other than a torpedo boat, a pay for battleship, or have perfect aircraft carrier usage... and now I can't play my boat for like 20 minutes.

Also, I will state that over Christmas I saw more young'uns as it were on.. and the maturity level went down and toxicity up... so I'm still going to stick with age being the single greatest overall factor.

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Also, everyone who is even vaguely impolite gets immediate chat bans now :trollface:

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Master_Cylinder #8 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 03 February 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

no the vast majority are over 50

TankNoob1960 #9 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7325 battles

I saw you tonight and thought of your nice posts here on the forum.

But I was in my B-32 and you never found me...lol

I think you guys won though. GG

Peace,

Gunny

TankNoob1960 #10 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7325 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 03 February 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

In remote arctic camps one toxic negative guy can bring a camp of 40 men to blows in 48 hours and will be choppered out at any cost and blacklisted. In powerline construction we get one guy raising his voice at the crew and he's gone the next day because in life the toxic and negative nellies are nothing but drama queens and I refuse to even work with them.

We almost threw a guy over the rail on the Arctic Ranger many years ago for being a complete neg-fest...

65 feet above the Bering Sea in February.

Those were the days.

Peace,

Gunny

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostTankNoob1960, on 03 February 2019 - 04:20 AM, said:

We almost threw a guy over the rail on the Arctic Ranger many years ago for being a complete neg-fest...

65 feet above the Bering Sea in February.

Those were the days.

Peace,

Gunny

Up there you rely on each other to survive and carrying someone who doesn't want to be there and shouldn't be isn't an option.

When the camp generator go's offline at -60 Celsius she's all hands on deck. 

When you run low on diesel and have local Inuit rangers snowmobiling in 45 gallon drums everyone from camp manager to heli pilot is out rolling drums.

Those were the days for sure! Hardest work in my life and would go back anytime.

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

Captain

• 23480 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Some of us are even over 70!   So when does that maturity factor kick in again?

:popcorn:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2197 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 03 February 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

57,maybe I should have said respect because I still like my toys.Boys will be boys.

Catch21 #14 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4425 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 03 February 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

Wow:honoring:, I'll have to be more careful the next time I see you flash past. Show me your bus pass and I'll even leave you alone...:hiding:

Leadlooser #15 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6145 battles

Cheers kin!

I guess we think the “age-enhanced” character player base, time liquidity, affluence, and the threat of being banned in some way or another are the reasons we folk can be an amicable group.  AxTx$-(B)=great player base.

I hope WG reads this and understands how to keep its players,… paying, gifting them money, enjoying themselves – earthquake – literally!

Earthquake over.  I don’t understand the parameters of chat banning.  If one is cordial and has meaningful sentiment, chat-banning should be reviewed.

I have been warned as well, but the sentiments of my messages were not malignant.

Thanks for the healthy response.

Leadlooser #16 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6145 battles

Noob and Norris:

I guess I’m a compatriot of yours.  I’ve spent time in the colder regions and learned that being cordial and watching your six was as valid there as it is here in game.  I’m just glad I don’t lose my fingers/arms/legs in this game with you.  I may lose my head though!  Cheers to the ice-fighters!  Stay safe and warm when you can.  Remember to take enough potassium, it’ll help with cramps.

Who the hell am I talking to?  You guys are older and wiser, right?  See you in pixel space!

Reitousair #17 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10793 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostLeadlooser, on 03 February 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

Earthquake over.  I don’t understand the parameters of chat banning.  If one is cordial and has meaningful sentiment, chat-banning should be reviewed.

I have been warned as well, but the sentiments of my messages were not malignant.

Well, we do have this as an official response for chatbanning: 

View PostblindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

Greetings pilots,

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk).

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

So basically don't say anything that can be remotely picked up by the chat deathsquads and you'll probably be fine... probably. Just remember that people have gotten banned for saying "imbecile," "gay," "crap," and "trash" as the particularly ridiculous examples that have been used as chatbannable material.

Still, as for why this community is generally cleaner, it probably would be more down to maturity, yeah. This place is certainly less toxic than the WT community, but then again the WT community is a lot larger... Age doesn't mean everything when it comes to maturity, however, as there are still some types that like to spew insults as soon as something doesn't go their way, yet I'm not even 20 years old... Not saying I'm perfectly clean, but it's sometimes stunning to see some of the things people will say when they get blown away.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Jazz_4 #18 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1529 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
well for me this game can make you frustrated but their is a certain magic to it. that keeps drawing people back plus sometimes the games feel balanced and it can help the player feel happy or excited unlike tanks. that and the player base is really cool and you have some good streamers out their also that can help new players or old players same with on here with questions about certain  planes. 

Jazz_4 #19 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1529 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
oh yeah speaking of which how are the teir 5 German fighters are they both boom and zoom styles of game play and what about the teir 5 Russians fighters do you play those as turn and burn or boom and zoom.

SpiritFoxMY #20 Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostJazz_4, on 03 February 2019 - 10:14 PM, said:

oh yeah speaking of which how are the teir 5 German fighters are they both boom and zoom styles of game play and what about the teir 5 Russians fighters do you play those as turn and burn or boom and zoom.

The German tier 5 fighter is the Bf109E - possibly the most overpowered tier 5 fighter. The Spitfire I is still the most newbie-friendly but in expert hands the Bf109E is THE fighter to fly. It is a hybrid "energy fighter" that relies on vertical fighting to get its kills but can BnZ and TnB against its opponents depending on the situation. Its a plane that amply rewards smart flying and energy management and is highly recommended for the advanced pilot. 

There are three tier 5 Russian fighters - the Yak fighters are pure turn and burn (or yank and bank if you will). They are basically Zeros with less firepower but higher speed. The Lavochkins are similar to the Spitfires - high-powered turners that aren't quite as maneuverable but are also considerably faster. Unfortunately, the tier 5 Lavochkin is the runt of the litter, basically having weak firepower, less maneuverability than a yak, and only slightly better speed. The MiG line are vertical energy fighters like the Messerschmitts - the tier 5 MiG-3 is similar to the 109E with better sustain at the cost of alpha. 

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 03 February 2019 - 03:13 PM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users