Glitches I have never seen or heard before

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CaptainBussey #1 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2214 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

There have always been glitches and issues with this game. Most of them I understand and accept. 

But lately, over the last week, I have seen some things that I have never heard of or seen. And one of them was absolutely ridiculous.

One of them that has happened to me several times, I think right before this last update, is when I respawn I still have the view of my teammates view but my plane is flying. I cannot see my plane but I can hear it and when I fire the forward firing weapon I can hear it also. Eventually, it crashes because I have no concept of where it is, where its going, or anything else. The moment it crashes it switches from the view of my teammates plane to mine burning on the ground. The next time I spawn it back to normal. Unfortunately, because of the update, I'm not sure if I have a replay showing it.

What I do have a replay of though is worse.

Last night about 1200AM CST I started a match. The status screen that shows your team, the opposing team, and the score was distinctly different. It also showed me as the only one in the match. There were no bots listed, not other players of either team. When the match started there were no planes showing on the map, either team, but I could see planes sporadically. None of the planes had markings though that would indicate if they were friend or enemy. I initially thought I may have accidentally started a training flight but quickly realized that wasn't the case. It was so bad that I eventually had to quit, which I never do.

Has anyone else had anything similar to this happened?

I decided to call it a night, and when I woke up today and started the game I cleared the cache but I have yet to play another match. 

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16247 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I have had that status screen bug.  Infrequently, thank heavens.  I believe that many of the inexplicable game results we see are caused by bugs.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 758 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
Watch your replays for a good laugh. It's like flying the same battle after a dropping a couple tabs of acid.

CaptainBussey #4 Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2214 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
good point

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 758 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCaptainBussey, on 02 February 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

good point

Some of the bugs you described are magnified big time on replays.You almost want to put on some rap music after respawn and planes all around you start jerking back and forth and doing crazy mach 1 barrel rolls in front of you. MS always shows 1 on replays so dont be alarmed.

The best respawn bug is when a plane flying next to you takes off like the startrek enterprise hitting the warp button.

blindfoId #6 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:12 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostCaptainBussey, on 02 February 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

There have always been glitches and issues with this game. Most of them I understand and accept. 

But lately, over the last week, I have seen some things that I have never heard of or seen. And one of them was absolutely ridiculous.

One of them that has happened to me several times, I think right before this last update, is when I respawn I still have the view of my teammates view but my plane is flying. I cannot see my plane but I can hear it and when I fire the forward firing weapon I can hear it also. Eventually, it crashes because I have no concept of where it is, where its going, or anything else. The moment it crashes it switches from the view of my teammates plane to mine burning on the ground. The next time I spawn it back to normal. Unfortunately, because of the update, I'm not sure if I have a replay showing it.

What I do have a replay of though is worse.

Last night about 1200AM CST I started a match. The status screen that shows your team, the opposing team, and the score was distinctly different. It also showed me as the only one in the match. There were no bots listed, not other players of either team. When the match started there were no planes showing on the map, either team, but I could see planes sporadically. None of the planes had markings though that would indicate if they were friend or enemy. I initially thought I may have accidentally started a training flight but quickly realized that wasn't the case. It was so bad that I eventually had to quit, which I never do.

Has anyone else had anything similar to this happened?

I decided to call it a night, and when I woke up today and started the game I cleared the cache but I have yet to play another match. 

1. If you encounter this problem again you may try to press "Enter" twice, it might help to return you to your aircraft again. But I would really appreciate logs and replays of such occasions if any in the future.

2. The problem is known but we would really be thankful for any logs and replays. If it's np bother please submit a ticket with the logs and replays attached describing this issue. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users