March of Nations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
From February 2 till March 8, enjoy generous discounts on aircraft from five nations in World of Warplanes. Check the timetable and make good use of our special offers in the game or Premium Shop!

Full news text

PoliticallyIncorrectName #2 Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7475 battles

WoWP must be dying like never before:

• Basically free T8 premium (4 days to complete deadline idk if can be extended)
  • Big discounts on other tier's premiums week-after-week
  • Free hangar slots whithin the nation of the week
  • improving low tier planes 

I'm not complaining, it just feels like last attempt to milk WoWp and close it down. I'll be very glad if I'm wrong, though.

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16247 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Yes.  I am running into more and more bot only battles, especially in the early morning hours.  Oh well, maybe Ace Combat 7 will work.  Hard to think it could work worse than this is, presently.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #4 Posted 01 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on 31 January 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

• Basically free T8 premium (4 days to complete deadline idk if can be extended)

I'm not complaining, it just feels like last attempt to milk WoWp and close it down. I'll be very glad if I'm wrong, though.

The mechanics of Operation Orders is not new to the game, the difference is in its deadline, but in this case we have an Op Order with higher number of missions than usually that is why the lifetime of an Op Order is longer. 

The March of Nation special is also not new and we had similar special last year, players asked for free slots and discounts and we responded to requests. 

Improvements for low tiers is expected to improve combat dynamics on low tiers. 

So I am not sure why you came up to such a conclusion. There's no any plans to close the game.

hunt4prey #5 Posted 07 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 1015 battles
There are so many bugs in this game every time a new patch is introduced. Right now my screen goes black right in the middle of games and I'm not getting the 30% discount for tier 7 U.S. Planes for March of nations. Why should anyone invest cash in a game that doesn't work right?

blindfoId #6 Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Posthunt4prey, on 07 February 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

There are so many bugs in this game every time a new patch is introduced. Right now my screen goes black right in the middle of games and I'm not getting the 30% discount for tier 7 U.S. Planes for March of nations. Why should anyone invest cash in a game that doesn't work right?

Try to clear your cached data if the discount is not displayed. As for the Black Screen, the team is investigating the reasons causing the issue. There are lots of different types of Black Screens (like when launching the game, or when queuing, or in the battle), the next hot fix is likely to fix the Black Screen when launching the game, others issues are in progress. 

Cenotaph #7 Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3307 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on 31 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Let's not forget the seemingly directionless (and completely unnecessary) redesign of systems that worked fine... for absolutely no good reason... causing far more problems than it solved.

This is something that was very obviously a key factor in the death of Firefall... it's like WoWP is following a script on killing their own game.

Edited by Cenotaph, 08 February 2019 - 08:02 PM.

I don't want to hurt you... I just want to kill you!

BB3_Oregon_Steel #8 Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 691 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on 31 January 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Just for a little perspective here.

This happens in all of WG's offerings.  In WOWS, you see very much the same type of behavior as you do in Tanks.  There are small tweaks here and there depending on the exact specifics in each game.  In fact. WOWS is often more generous in their discounts and sales of both Premium and Tech Tree vessels.  Similar sales also occur frequently in WOT.

Those two titles are very healthy and prospering so I seriously doubt that offering similar rewards here is the last attempt  to milk WOWP's for every cent they can before shutting the platform down.

White_Widow18 #9 Posted 13 February 2019 - 06:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
I'm guessing we have ~5000 active players based on what I know of the leaderboards in the last few events and me purposely tanking certain periods each time so I was at the bottom of the list as far as I could be and I'd assume that money spent by us averages out to at least 5$ a month per player. Meaning about 25k/month at a bare minimum.

Far too solid of a revenue stream to even -consider- shutting down

Edited to add: Tanking means playing one match in the bracket and then not playing any more in the bracket during the event.

Edited by White_Widow18, 13 February 2019 - 06:35 AM.

GonerNL #10 Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

• 862 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 13 February 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

I'm guessing we have ~5000 active players based on what I know of the leaderboards in the last few events 

Define 'active' ...

Latest event I easily managed to stay in top 200 (EU server Gold cup) in period II and III. Whenever I came in the danger zone I played some battles to get a higher position and be safe for a while. That means IMHO there are not thousands of active players, just a couple of hundred and a LOT of very casual players. And I doubt whether they spend any money ...

Edited by GonerNL, 14 February 2019 - 02:39 PM.

Flying on NA and EU servers

Eugenio_Regis #11 Posted Yesterday, 03:49 PM

Airman Basic

• 4322 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

View PostblindfoId, on 01 February 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

There's no any plans to close the game.

Wonderfull notice, but It is expected that the game will run on Direct11 at some point? ... I think all the evils that WOWP drag, are due to its poor optimization (without detracting from anyone's work of course), perhaps multi thread or something. I think Game run with slow fps in the 90% of players on the entire world and that does not happen with WOT or WOWS, only for WOWP.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users