World of Warplanes Will Not Launch

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

wooly_bear #1 Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 136 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

I have tried to launch World of Warplanes but it will not launch.  When I hit play it starts to load but never shows the loading screen and then it just stops and on the launcher the play button is highlighted again.  I have tried deleting World of Warplanes and reinstalling but it still does the same thing.  I have also checked World of Warships and World of Tanks but these games load fine.  Has anybody had issues like this or has any suggestions for me to get this game to load.

Chuck_norris10 #2 Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:55 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
Games been seriously broken since the christmas patch so your not alone. A lot of people have not been able to play since that patch.

Jazz_4 #3 Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1529 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
no but I don't know if it was my computer or internet but when loaded into the game in a match my mps was 32000 that was a few minutes ago so who know there might be to many players on or something to since this new p38 vs bf109 thing going on. 

egikov #4 Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3241 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Check firewall and antivirus, and add it to exceptions. It might work.

El_Mulo #5 Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:21 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14399 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 26 January 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Games been seriously broken since the christmas patch so your not alone. A lot of people have not been able to play since that patch.

Games been seriously broken since the christmas patch so your not alone. A lot of people have been able  to play since that patch.   LOL

:trollface:

Edited by El_Mulo, 26 January 2019 - 05:22 AM.

What we say to death?

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostEl_Mulo, on 25 January 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Games been seriously broken since the christmas patch so your not alone. A lot of people have been able  to play since that patch.   LOL

:trollface:

Good,hope they are keeping the money coming in cuz a lot of us PAYING CUSTOMERS arent.

After a month of inaction i'm ready to give up for good on this game as it seems they dont care.

MsPiggysRevenge19 #7 Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 422 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Dear player,

My black screen started right after Christmas updates. World of Warplanes customer support tried to blame my computer and etc. And after all the things I did for them, they come back and say this is a known issue and they are working on it.

I have not been able to play now since those updates and I am getting impatient to play and the lack of concern that War Gaming is showing since this issue has affected many players. 

Is War Gaming just giving up on this game and if that is the case, I guess I will give up on ships and not spend anymore money on any war gaming product.

So War Gaming, what is the answer? Should we just give up on this game and any War Gaming product?

blindfoId #8 Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postwooly_bear, on 26 January 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

I have tried to launch World of Warplanes but it will not launch.  When I hit play it starts to load but never shows the loading screen and then it just stops and on the launcher the play button is highlighted again.  I have tried deleting World of Warplanes and reinstalling but it still does the same thing.  I have also checked World of Warships and World of Tanks but these games load fine.  Has anybody had issues like this or has any suggestions for me to get this game to load.

Please submit a ticket to the Customer Support, the Customer Care team may request some additional information to take of your issue. If you face any problems while contacting the Customer Support please do not hesitate to send me your ticket number via PM.

View PostMsPiggysRevenge19, on 28 January 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

Dear player,

My black screen started right after Christmas updates. World of Warplanes customer support tried to blame my computer and etc. And after all the things I did for them, they come back and say this is a known issue and they are working on it.

I have not been able to play now since those updates and I am getting impatient to play and the lack of concern that War Gaming is showing since this issue has affected many players. 

Is War Gaming just giving up on this game and if that is the case, I guess I will give up on ships and not spend anymore money on any war gaming product.

So War Gaming, what is the answer? Should we just give up on this game and any War Gaming product?

Black Screen during the battle is a known issue and the team is investigating the reasons of its occurrence. Unfortunately the fix has not been found yet but I will be happy to announce it when the problem is resolved. 

Chuck_norris10 #9 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostblindfoId, on 29 January 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Please submit a ticket to the Customer Support, the Customer Care team may request some additional information to take of your issue. If you face any problems while contacting the Customer Support please do not hesitate to send me your ticket number via PM.

Black Screen during the battle is a known issue and the team is investigating the reasons of its occurrence. Unfortunately the fix has not been found yet but I will be happy to announce it when the problem is resolved. 

Well,it has been over a month now and yet your pushing specials and all that while most of us sit here twiddling our fingers wondering if it ever will be fixed.29 days of wasted premium here from santa bags and counting.12 planes from santa bags I cant fly,you want logs? I'll be home friday and i will swamp you with logs and videos so you can see it first hand. I'll even send your testers a brand new joystick if they give me an address.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:25 AM

Captain

• 963 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 January 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Well,it has been over a month now and yet your pushing specials and all that while most of us sit here twiddling our fingers wondering if it ever will be fixed.29 days of wasted premium here from santa bags and counting.12 planes from santa bags I cant fly,you want logs? I'll be home friday and i will swamp you with logs and videos so you can see it first hand. I'll even send your testers a brand new joystick if they give me an address.

...the weather was horrid... rain and floods

only two monkeys were able to board ship...

... and after forty days and forty nights

the skies parted and the premium ran out

and it was good... people sang joyously and with vigor

but without the premium bonus

and the singing was joyous

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:53 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 29 January 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

...the weather was horrid... rain and floods

only two monkeys were able to board ship...

... and after forty days and forty nights

the skies parted and the premium ran out

and it was good... people sang joyously and with vigor

but without the premium bonus

and the singing was joyous

I'm breaking trail in Banff national park in 5 feet of snow in my snowcat and building snow roads.Surrounded by mountains and fresh pow and in this much snow theres no chance of the boss finding me......,That's my premium. I am just one monkey but I have requested another to come with me so we can sing with joy and vigor.As a boss monkey my request was met and I contacted monkey #2 and told him to bring his snowboard and I'll ferry him up and down the hill. 

The premium I make for myself far outweighs the premiums in the santa bags considering I have the best job in the world.:great:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #12 Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

Captain

• 963 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 January 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

I'm breaking trail in Banff national park in 5 feet of snow in my snowcat and building snow roads.Surrounded by mountains and fresh pow and in this much snow theres no chance of the boss finding me......,That's my premium. I am just one monkey but I have requested another to come with me so we can sing with joy and vigor.As a boss monkey my request was met and I contacted monkey #2 and told him to bring his snowboard and I'll ferry him up and down the hill. 

The premium I make for myself far outweighs the premiums in the santa bags considering I have the best job in the world.:great:

sounds much better than crappy pixel vigor

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

blindfoId #13 Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 January 2019 - 04:06 AM, said:

Thank you for your involvement but there is enough logs on the joystick issue. As the announcement says the core reasons causing the issue were identified though fixing is still in process. According to the latest news the team has tested about 4 different possible solutions for this problem none of which worked for 100%. At the moment team postponed the release of the latest fix to properly test it. 

Captain_Underpants53 #14 Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostblindfoId, on 30 January 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

Thank you for your involvement but there is enough logs on the joystick issue. As the announcement says the core reasons causing the issue were identified though fixing is still in process. According to the latest news the team has tested about 4 different possible solutions for this problem none of which worked for 100%. At the moment team postponed the release of the latest fix to properly test it. 

That probably explains some of the oddities I have encountered this week.  For two days my bombers would sometimes release two strings with one bomb drop.  Sometimes they wouldn't drop bombs until I repeatedly pushed the pickle button.  Some days the joystick bug occurred with almost every battle.  Some days not at all.  A confusing and long lasting problem, for sure.  Also I would inexplicably drop 1000 to 2000 feet in the middle of a bomb drop on occasion.  Fun times, indeed.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users