Mods and Plane Names or other verbage

mods plane_names

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Master_Cylinder #1 Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Okay this has been going on long enough and I have avoided bringing it up only because I have considered it low priority with all the other issues out there with the game.

I have 9 planes that have a syntax error or missplacement along with a few other verbage lines in the hangar.  In addition all the tasks for getting the Vamire are non-readable. 

It would be nice if you could get a developer to identify and correct the issue.  I have attache a hangar shot with all 9 of my planes that have the issue.

Now I know that it has not been an issue with all new planes because I have a number of recent planes that I have won that do not have this issue.

Please Fix This!!!

Thank you from the deepest part of my heart which I do not have.

PS: If there are any pilots out there that know how to fix this issue without begging and pleading with WG please let me know.

Thank You

Attached Thumbnails

SenatorTH #2 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3240 battles
This is caused by mods. Load the game in safe mod - everything will be fine. Or remove files from res_mods directory.

DrSinister #3 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Are you using the Who's the AI Bots mod?  Every time that there is a minor or major, the file that is modded to put an * next to bots names has to be updated or you will get the issue that you see on screen that you are showing in your picture.

Azis_ #4 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1833 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
If not the mod, run the repair option from the game launcher.
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Master_Cylinder #5 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSenatorTH, on 22 January 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

This is caused by mods. Load the game in safe mod - everything will be fine. Or remove files from res_mods directory.

Dah!!!

Master_Cylinder #6 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostDrSinister, on 22 January 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Are you using the Who's the AI Bots mod?  Every time that there is a minor or major, the file that is modded to put an * next to bots names has to be updated or you will get the issue that you see on screen that you are showing in your picture

yes I use safe mod to read the documentaion on the tasks but I do not want to do that nor should I have to.  If the programers would get the syntax the same on all planes the issue would be gone!!!

Master_Cylinder #7 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Are you using the Who's the AI Bots mod?  Every time that there is a minor or major, the file that is modded to put an * next to bots names has to be updated or you will get the issue that you see on screen that you are showing in your picture.

It matters not which mods you use but instead when there is a path to res_mods directory.  So you can use Dr. Sinisters, Pigeon Kickers or any other mod pack it still happens

The question becomes why can't they follow the programing documentation for all planes?? 

Oh I forgot they have no documentation in the programing

Dah!!!!

Master_Cylinder #8 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

I am sorry gents you are trying to help out but the issue is not that I use mods but the fact that they can not get the programing correct!!!!

I am in a pissy mood right now... ... ... oh no another banned word I am doomed to the bot banned world!!!!!

Master_Cylinder #9 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

by the way Underpants I know you are listening...

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 22 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19603 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 22 January 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

by the way Underpants I know you are listening...

Well, duh!  What else to do when BSoD?  A sadly ever more frequent event.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Master_Cylinder #11 Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

is BSoD banned???

if so you are in deep dudu

blindfoId #12 Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 22 January 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

Okay this has been going on long enough and I have avoided bringing it up only because I have considered it low priority with all the other issues out there with the game.

I have 9 planes that have a syntax error or missplacement along with a few other verbage lines in the hangar.  In addition all the tasks for getting the Vamire are non-readable. 

It would be nice if you could get a developer to identify and correct the issue.  I have attache a hangar shot with all 9 of my planes that have the issue.

Now I know that it has not been an issue with all new planes because I have a number of recent planes that I have won that do not have this issue.

Please Fix This!!!

Thank you from the deepest part of my heart which I do not have.

PS: If there are any pilots out there that know how to fix this issue without begging and pleading with WG please let me know.

Thank You

It is an issue caused by mods, it is not a bug. DrSinister is absolutely correct: using mods adapted for the previous version of the game client will surely cause issues, so make sure you keep the mods updated for the current game version. 

Master_Cylinder #13 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:19 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

so what Mods are approved for the current game????

It would have been nice if you would have included that in your comments Blindfold

Master_Cylinder #14 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:21 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

so Dr, maybe you will be willing to answer the last question since Blindfold left it out of her responce

Thank You Sir

GonerNL #15 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 948 battles

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 23 January 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

You can not possibly expect WG to keep track of which third party mods are working and which are not :unsure: 

(looking at all the bugs, they can not even support their own 'new features' ...)

Flying on NA and EU servers

blindfoId #16 Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 23 January 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

It would have been nice if you would have included that in your comments Blindfold

We do not approve mods or have lists of them. Updating mods is on the mod-maker side, when they update their mods they usually leave message like this one defining the number of game version this mod is adjusted to.  

Master_Cylinder #17 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Thank You Dr Sinister, after you informative comments I was able to utilize a mod pack and get my personal mods in and it is now working just fine.

You are an awsome individual and pilot despite what ZapperGuy says!!!

Just joiking.

Leo_1408 #18 Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2757 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

Lol, not being picky, but I got in trouble for using the word 'verbage' in an essay. According to our English teacher - there is no such word. The correct word is verbiage and it means 'excessively lengthy or technical speech or writing' (except in the USA, where it means 'the way in which something is expressed').

Ref: https://en.oxforddic...nition/verbiage

Also tagged with mods, plane_names

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users