Jump to content


What happened to the Do 335?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Leo_1408 #1 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2684 battles
  • 41
  • [FALCO] FALCO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016
I was saving up for the Do 335, but it has suddenly disappeared from the Premium Shop. Like it was there before I went to dinner this evening! Does anyone know why?  :unsure:

blindfoId #2 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 971
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostLeo_1408, on 22 January 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

I was saving up for the Do 335, but it has suddenly disappeared from the Premium Shop. Like it was there before I went to dinner this evening! Does anyone know why?  :unsure:

 

The Dornier Do 335 A-1 Pfeil is a special aircraft which means it is available for purchase only as a part of special offer. Check the news on the portal and pay attention to the date when the sale stops. I am sad to hear you didn't manage to get your Do 335 but it will surely arrive in the Premium Shop in future so stay tuned:honoring:

no_habla_ingles #3 Posted 22 January 2019 - 01:38 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3746 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    11-17-2013
stay tuned Leo_1408 for it is worth the wait

Leo_1408 #4 Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:30 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2684 battles
  • 41
  • [FALCO] FALCO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016
Thanks for your replies - the mystery is solved. Like Blindfold said - it's part of a special offer. The great thing is, my fave uncle was having dinner with us, and I was talking about how I wanted it but it was too expensive for me at $75. He asked me how much I had saved, and it was only like $16 - so gave me the rest, and I now have just got it. Haven't tried it out properly yet, but I'm really chuffed about it!

GonerNL #5 Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:54 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 875 battles
  • 964
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

You just got it ?

How ? I don't see a Do-335 special in the shop ...

 


Flying on NA and EU servers

Leo_1408 #6 Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:43 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2684 battles
  • 41
  • [FALCO] FALCO
  • Member since:
    10-28-2016

View PostGonerNL, on 23 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

You just got it ?

How ? I don't see a Do-335 special in the shop ...

 

 

That's totally weird - it's gone again! It was there - then it disappeared hours later - then it reappeared the next day - now it's gone again. Glad I got it when I did - thanks to my uncle.

 

I have only played a very few battles with it, and it's awesome in the way it climbs, and the guns are cool the way they don't overheat too quickly, but it's no nimble interceptor - you can out-turn very few other aircraft. It's best at boom and zoom (bit like the Me109TL, but better) and chews up bombers and GA a treat.



CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:04 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2806 battles
  • 2,937
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLeo_1408, on 24 January 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

 

 

I have only played a very few battles with it, and it's awesome in the way it climbs, and the guns are cool the way they don't overheat too quickly, but it's no nimble interceptor - you can out-turn very few other aircraft. It's best at boom and zoom (bit like the Me109TL, but better) and chews up bombers and GA a treat.

 

It is the best T8 heavy, no question.  I play it like a REALLY heavy Bf-109E.  Use boost to go up, flip over, then pound down on my victim.

 

Lather, rinse, repeat.

 

Oh, and it is great when you come down on the top of an RB-17.  In chat: "Where did you come from????"  LOL.



StoptheViolins #8 Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2165 battles
  • 1,166
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
335 out performs the 262 in every aspect but DPS.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2806 battles
  • 2,937
  • [JG52] JG52
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStoptheViolins, on 24 January 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

335 out performs the 262 in every aspect but DPS.

And getting those slow shells on-target is a real trick.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users