Why? Chat ban in game?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #21 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• 1044 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 February 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

LOL, it's getting to where if you haven't been chat banned, you're doing something wrong!

well, I can honestly say I've never been chat banned...

but I don't play the game

:B

edit: boobie made a funny +1

:trollface:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 02 February 2019 - 03:53 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CaptainBussey #22 Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3005 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 February 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

LOL, it's getting to where if you haven't been chat banned, you're doing something wrong!

I can say I have never been chat banned but I post so little during the match that it is immeasurable.

That being said, several players in my clan have received the chat ban. One claimed he was banned for using profane language while chatting with a teammate. Nothing directed at the teammate, just typical banter between two guys. 

CorvusCorvax #23 Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:58 PM

Captain

• 3645 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I have never been banned.  I did, however make a chat post yesterday to some potatoes that should have earned me a ban:

"Hey, are you guys going to shoot some planes down, or are you just here for the scenery?"

Martymart1976 #24 Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5569 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 21 January 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Just waiting for one of our clan members getting banned for using the term FKer in the chat window

Since the clan letters are "FK" and we use that as we are talking,  I as commander will be very upset at Blindfold and the rest of cyrillic bunch.

Haha! I guess I put my chat future in jeopardy whenever I greet my fellow clan members on both sides during a battle!  Maybe I should say Foxtrot Kilo instead...

SgtZak #25 Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5977 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I have read what Blindy wrote on Jan 19 re: chat bans.  It's below.  I'd love to see someone show me the chat conduct leading to a ban if this is not a bug.  I don't chat a lot and don't drop 4-letter bombs, nor is that allowed in OWSS.  Let's see the evidence.  Or tell me its a bug.

blindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

Greetings pilots,

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk).

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

Edited by SgtZak, 03 February 2019 - 08:12 PM.

Perrigrino #26 Posted 08 February 2019 - 05:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5616 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I swore to my son that in my lifetime I would see robots commercialized and start taking over the world. We have robots handling regulatory practices and enforcement. None of this a recent development but hey, economics dictates social behaviour. Anyone wanna bet that what I affectionately refer to as Lackof Support, is run by robots?

And BTW Azis, I'm reporting you, that was totally inappropriate, asking why? - the nerve! This is going in my report.

And as long as we are all being honest, I got stinky Pinky in WoWS way tooo many times now, once when the game crashed, wasn't my fault , really! OOPs, I can say Pinky right? Yeah cause that's like 5 letters.

Edited by Perrigrino, 08 February 2019 - 05:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users