Why? Chat ban in game?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Azis_ #1 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1175 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Just logged into game and find I have been banned from chat? Last I played was in the scrimmage and had no, nor ever have I made any comments to anyone in game that would or should be considered to be what the description read.

Seriously, what the ? is up and going on. No email, no notification, nothing anywhere...........shall we just all volunteer to quit playing this game??? What is the intention????

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3424 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Ah, don't worry about it. Their banbot has been going nuts recently. Even people who've never said anything in chat in months are getting banned. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Azis_ #3 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1175 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Other than trying to flight or wing or talk to some one in game....not really worried just still is not right!
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

wylleEcoyote #4 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2770 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS
i caught the ban as well

sandtiger #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15298 battles

so this is something  blind  fold wrote.. so i am pasting  it here because it may help to Answer some questions

the first part is the part that may  be the part that you are more interested in ... hope this help shed some light

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk).

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

Edited by sandtiger, 21 January 2019 - 07:10 AM.

sandtiger #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:38 AM

• 15298 battles

just know that the people work on make the game

better like  make new air craft for the game 

or work on the bugs/errors have nothing

to do with the punishments the game hands out

Edited by sandtiger, 21 January 2019 - 08:01 AM.

GonerNL #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:07 AM

• 862 battles

I also got banned again ; probably because complaining about the joystick bug every time you have to crash/quit is considered 'spamming' by WG ...

Over there it's quite normal to silence criticizers ... I'm lucky there is no Gulag in Wowp (yet).

Flying on NA and EU servers

Master_Cylinder #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Just waiting for one of our clan members getting banned for using the term FKer in the chat window

Since the clan letters are "FK" and we use that as we are talking,  I as commander will be very upset at Blindfold and the rest of cyrillic bunch.

sega_2017 #9 Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 3668 battles
That you guys did not play on the Russian server))) there is a banchat you can grab at all for nothing, just to answer the admin, but it seemed to you that you rudely answered)) I once had three accounts banned for a month there) that I swear if I swear in Russian?)

sandtiger #10 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

• 15298 battles

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 21 January 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

Just waiting for one of our clan members getting banned for using the term FKer in the chat window

Since the clan letters are "FK" and we use that as we are talking,  I as commander will be very upset at Blindfold and the rest of cyrillic bunch.

i do not think  blind fold has anything to do with in game bans ... wg  already has a machine that dose that and a group of people and they have been in place for a while .. it was just not work for a very long time ... an they put it back  on in   December  so  i would just be careful 

that way no one get chat banned ....it no fun

Edited by sandtiger, 21 January 2019 - 09:09 PM.

Azis_ #11 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1175 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Thing is I had not even used in game chat the last time I flew, I was using voice on discord so I never even typed in chat. Next day I log in and see the ban.

wylleEcoyote #12 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2770 battles
  • [ALAS] ALAS
Apparently over the weekend the Wardhips EU server had a bad case of fried motherboard in one of its server farms.
Much chaos ensued (Chat ban wave included) for the weekend but they fixed it up.

So i am presuming that the chat ban wave is something along those lines. I know i didnt do offensive chat.
I do all my cursing on the forums :great:

So im not too worried that this will somehow screw me over. or that in this case i was actively targeted by WG's version of Politsiya.
Rather i believe that  a ghostly hand :hiding: mucked with the automated settings just to see us all sent to chat gulag.
Because Stalin is a [edited] :trollface:

sandtiger #13 Posted 22 January 2019 - 03:41 AM

• 15298 battles

View PostAzis_, on 21 January 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Thing is I had not even used in game chat the last time I flew, I was using voice on discord so I never even typed in chat. Next day I log in and see the ban.

so here a little story for you  ... my Ausi friend  and i  where in a chat about the chat ban 

we where in our hangers there where some choice words used by my Ausi friend ..

when  i was explain what i read from the post that blind fold made ...the post i put here  ...it was a normal

Ausi thing for him to say    and we where in our hanger it was just  him and i  talk at this time ..

the bad words he used in his shock for  what the system dose got him in trouble ..

he is now in chat jail .. as we talk .i keep telling him be care full that what it look for and he like but  it normal for us Ausi

it part of be an Ausi  .. i can say all the Ausi i know  talk just like him .. so it is a normal way of there culture ... but here 

is the  flaw in the Auto system.. it has a list of words that are forbidden and it dose not care why they are be use just that it has 

a list that  say these words are bad...  it  dose the job it was put to do... there is no feeling in the system. it is not out to get you 

it just has a list of these words that are  banned end of story ...

Edited by sandtiger, 22 January 2019 - 03:52 AM.

Bobby_Tables #14 Posted 22 January 2019 - 04:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4866 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostAzis_, on 21 January 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Sorry man, I was the one who reported you.  I think it was you who burped on Discord the other day.  I could not tolerate such behavior.  Clean it up, or face the ban again, comrade.  

But seriously, I have no idea why I have not been banned.  Not that I type anything in chat, but this seems so random.  Then again, given that this is handled by WOWP's "Customer Care Team" and we all know how much they "care" about the customer, is anyone really surprised that it is out of control?

This is quite typical misdirection from a corporation (or politician) under fire for poor performance:  Confuse, obfuscate, deny, attack, undermine, misdirect and lie.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 22 January 2019 - 04:32 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 22 January 2019 - 05:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16249 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sopwith_ #16 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• 53 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
:D

Edited by Sopwith_, 23 January 2019 - 11:24 AM.

General_Lee_Miserable #17 Posted 23 January 2019 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles
Chat bot has been working OT lately in all WG games. I just got a 24 ban in ships yesterday and didn't say anything remotely offensive that I can recall. 

SunnyKim #18 Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 1595 battles

I got chat banned for some pretty weak cussing. saying "oh $h!t they know" while joking with people, calling 5 area maps bull$h!t, apologizing to my team by saying "sorry i got a blackscreen i had to restart, F'n russians" and once when i said "wthbomb this $h!t already"... so uh, why have a profanity filter in your game if you are just going to ban me anyways. so i have a potty mouth, I wasnt insulting anyone or harassing them calling people names.

SgtZak #19 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:02 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3813 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Just got the chat ban when I logged in today.  Havent even been on in a couple days.  

Captain_Underpants53 #20 Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16249 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
LOL, it's getting to where if you haven't been chat banned, you're doing something wrong!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users