So sorry, but remind me again how to clear a cache in WOWP?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 20 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1432 battles

Sorry, I just encountered a new bug I've never seen before, and I remember that I'm supposed to clear the cache, but I forget how.

I remember to hit Windows + R, but I don't remember the location that I'm supposed to enter in to that menu.

Thanks in advance!

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• 963 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I used the search function to find this thread started by SKYWOLF WM

https://eu.wargaming.../article/10628/

it works great

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 21 January 2019 - 01:02 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Jazz_4 #3 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1529 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
well I always just hit the small arrow next to the play button on the wargaming launcher and then go to the option it says clear cache.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19642 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostJazz_4, on 20 January 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

well I always just hit the small arrow next to the play button on the wargaming launcher and then go to the option it says clear cache.

Me too
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 21 January 2019 - 12:16 AM

Captain

• 963 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 20 January 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Me too

I never use the launcher/game center unless there is an update

even then I close it and icon launch

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

DrSinister #6 Posted 21 January 2019 - 03:40 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Or you can open up notepad put this in notepad:

for /d %%i in ("%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\wargaming.net\*") do rmdir /s /q "%%i" 

Save file as WoWpCacheClear.bat (or what ever you want to name it)

Save it to desktop and then just double click it and it will do the work.

yyt_hero #7 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7144 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I clear my Cache data every time I log in. click on wowp, you can soo the big orange play button right next to it there is a little arrow there click on it and a window will come up asking you what you want to do, the first one says Launch game and clear its cache data, click on that one and there you go you will clear all cache and enter the game.

sandtiger #8 Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20003 battles

i also do the when hit wind r you need the code (%appdata%\wargaming.net\) in the open part of th box that comes up when you hit window r

and it should take you to all the war-game stuf you have 

in there  you can find the chat logs and other things as well if you want to   clear you chat cha

but do not mess up your set by deleting preference  this is all your game controls and setting

for you buttons  

Edited by sandtiger, 21 January 2019 - 09:17 PM.

blindfoId #9 Posted 22 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postsandtiger, on 22 January 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

i also do the when hit wind r you need the code (%appdata%\wargaming.net\) in the open part of th box that comes up when you hit window r

and it should take you to all the war-game stuf you have 

in there  you can find the chat logs and other things as well if you want to   clear you chat cha

but do not mess up your set by deleting preference  this is all your game controls and setting

for you buttons  

Absolutely correct. Although deleting preferences may partially help with the Black Screen issue it resets all settings (controls as well as graphic settings) back to default. 

Some time ago the possibility to clear the cache was integrated to WGC and you can clear you cash by just clicking on the arrow next to "Play" button which is much more convenient then deleting files from the folder by yourself. 

Master_Cylinder #10 Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Just a note from a novice here.

A lot of my issues delt with not the game being the problem but bottle necks on my PC.  Now that those bottle necks are all resolved I rarely get disconected or end up with the black screen even when Ping goes through the roof.  So I guess what I am saying is that the only issue I have now is a ping issue but rarely.  So if you are running the same hardware that you had when you were playing 1.X then you need to upgrade some things.

The first thing that I did was to get the game off the root drive and on to a secondary and no I wish it was a SSD but it is not but instead a very large drive with very little on it to help keep the game files contiguous on the drive.  I upgrade the GPU to one that would get at least 60 FPS instead of the card that I had that was only 20 FPS.  So that is two bottle necks out of the way.  My ISP was never an issue at 50 MBS so there was no issue there.  That only leaves two things left... ... ... other programs taking up memory and GPU and cach.  I have a habit of leaving other programs running at times.

I have not alwasy used the game center but I do now because it makes it easy to clear cach.  I clear cach everytime I start the game unless I start in safe mode and I only do that when I need to read some in game documentation that is not readable when mods are running.  A side note here, if anybody knows how to get the verbage in the game to work correctly while mods are running please let me know.

Do I still have issues?  Yes but rarely now and usually it is a disconect after the battle and before I get back into the hanger or when I leave the game on for a period of time without playing.

Not that I know anything but my suggestion if I had the money which I don't would be to get atleast one SSD and preferably two, one for you root drive and one for the game.  Get a graphics card capable of at least 100 FPS.  Then clear the cach every startup of the game, every startup.

PS: I also use Advanced System Care to monitor everything that is running on and in the PC, it is free and it helps keep the system clean and running fast.

PSS: If I start to have issues more than normal I will give the game process a high priority and everything else is normal priority.  If you need to know how to do that ask either Farquare or IbaSport.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users