Jump to content


The most irritating, hope-dashing, fun-obliterating bug currently in WOWP: Planes flying sideways on...

bug SE-100

  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

legoboy0401 #1 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 695 battles
  • 502
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

What. On. Earth. Is. This. Bug. And. Why. Does. It. Happen. So. Randomly?!

 

Last time I had this bug (it's only ever been in my SE-100) was a couple of days ago, and it was bad, but at least when I crashed and respawned it was fixed.

 

Now, though, today it just got worse. Way worse. Why? BECAUSE RESPAWNING FAILED TO FIX IT.  Going into the menus or messing with settings therein doesn't fix it. It (fortunately) doesn't, to my knowledge at least, ever occur in the initial spawn, only potentially on respawns. But I was screwed in that battle because I was taken out of the fight, because I couldn't aim my forward guns, and the rear turret, despite being properly lit(unlike another bug that sometimes occurs to my IL-2m) refused to fire.

 

:angry: I'm halfway tempted to never play my SE-100 again, it's a horrifying bug which ruins the experience and the fun of WoWP by turning it essentially into a game of chance as to whether I will be able to contribute in my SE-100 or not.

 

I also am bewildered as to why it only impacts my SE-100, and none of my other planes.

 

Has anyone else seen this bug, especially in their SE-100, and does anyone know the in-battle fix for it?


Edited by legoboy0401, 19 January 2019 - 09:47 PM.

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

 

Spoiler

 


legoboy0401 #2 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:47 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 695 battles
  • 502
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013
Is anyone going to respond?

Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

 

Spoiler

 


Captain_Rownd #3 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1062 battles
  • 405
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015
:D  Is it flying sideways relative to the flight controls, or is the airplane model displayed sideways?  :D

legoboy0401 #4 Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 695 battles
  • 502
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 19 January 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

:D  Is it flying sideways relative to the flight controls, or is the airplane model displayed sideways?  :D

 

the airplane model, but it functions like it's facing the right way and the guns fire in accordance with that. The guns fire with the nose of the aircraft, which is usually 90 degrees to the left horizontally of where it ought to be(in the direction the plane is going, that is)

 

It's so irritating to me because it has taken my best credit grinder (the SE-100) and rendered it practically unusable. (I'm only at Tier V)


Remember, remember the 14th of... June, the day of patch 2.05.  Some say it's great end-game content, some say it's horrible, but history will always recall which it actually was.

 

Spoiler

 


mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 281 battles
  • 3,228
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    12-06-2013

View Postlegoboy0401, on 19 January 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

 

the airplane model, but it functions like it's facing the right way and the guns fire in accordance with that. The guns fire with the nose of the aircraft, which is usually 90 degrees to the left horizontally of where it ought to be(in the direction the plane is going, that is)

 

It's so irritating to me because it has taken my best credit grinder (the SE-100) and rendered it practically unusable. (I'm only at Tier V)

 

Have you not heard of the joystick bug?

Anyway, this is probably being caused by the aircrafts.xml being read improperly. In that file for each aircraft is the code that controls the direction the plane is facing.

When I messed around with it I was able to translate the position of the plane in space, but I couldn't get it to rotate.

Queue the deja vu meme. :D


Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

 

mnbv_fockewulfe.png


 


Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 16248 battles
  • 1,746
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
You might find a solution by uninstalling the game and downloading again.  It does seem to help the weirder issues (sometimes).
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SenatorTH #7 Posted 20 January 2019 - 09:20 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2591 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    07-04-2018

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 20 January 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

You might find a solution by uninstalling the game.

 

Fixed that, now it's proper advice :)

AmericanKestrel #8 Posted 20 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3950 battles
  • 277
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 19 January 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

What. On. Earth. Is. This. Bug. And. Why. Does. It. Happen. So. Randomly?!

 

Last time I had this bug (it's only ever been in my SE-100) was a couple of days ago, and it was bad, but at least when I crashed and respawned it was fixed.

 

Now, though, today it just got worse. Way worse. Why? BECAUSE RESPAWNING FAILED TO FIX IT.  Going into the menus or messing with settings therein doesn't fix it. It (fortunately) doesn't, to my knowledge at least, ever occur in the initial spawn, only potentially on respawns. But I was screwed in that battle because I was taken out of the fight, because I couldn't aim my forward guns, and the rear turret, despite being properly lit(unlike another bug that sometimes occurs to my IL-2m) refused to fire.

 

:angry: I'm halfway tempted to never play my SE-100 again, it's a horrifying bug which ruins the experience and the fun of WoWP by turning it essentially into a game of chance as to whether I will be able to contribute in my SE-100 or not.

 

I also am bewildered as to why it only impacts my SE-100, and none of my other planes.

 

Has anyone else seen this bug, especially in their SE-100, and does anyone know the in-battle fix for it?

 

Dead stick respawn.  Just had four of them in two games.  Not my computer's fault, not my joystick's fault... it's the fault of poor programming on the games part.  This has been going on for some time and been reported by more than numerous players.  FIX the DAMN Problem!

GonerNL #9 Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:02 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 862 battles
  • 784
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 19 January 2019 - 11:59 PM, said:

Have you not heard of the joystick bug?

 

This is not the current and infamous 'joystick bug' !! This has been around for longer. I even created a ticket ages ago, but only got the usual reply about clear cache and deleting mods. Gave up since it happens not that often.

As described, no control at all and the plane moves sideways/backwards and descends until it crashes. With the 'new' bug your plane moves in the right direction and by pressing keys/buttons is temporarily under control long enough to make it crash. 

 


Flying on NA and EU servers





Also tagged with bug, SE-100

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users