Jump to content


Planes I Flew Tonight


  • Please log in to reply
3138 replies to this topic

Captain_Rownd #3021 Posted 23 December 2021 - 12:25 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4862 battles
  • 2,570
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

Flew a few tonight.  Purchased Ju 288 A afterwards

 

Plane            Result  Points  Caps   Kills    Ground Targets   Notes

Me P.1102B  Defeat   7160       1        1         8      58398      Quick air supremacy loss

Me P.1102B  Defeat  12440      2        3        12     61401      Where did all my friendlies go?

Me P.1102B  Victory  12865      3        3        12     53110      Versus bot team

IL-40             Defeat    9235      1        0        11      56470      

IL-40             Victory  11755      2        1        11      65828     Versus bot team

 

 

 

 


Favorites:

SPAD S.510 :: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: MiG-9 :: MiG-15 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: LaGG-3 (34) :: Me 329 


qu33kKC #3022 Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

Flew a couple of new planes today.

 

Got the UK Mustang in a crate, a clan brother suggested that it was worth flying, so I did.  Akamatsu in a Defeat.

 

Got a +5 Boomerang pilot in a crate, put him into my very little-flown Boomerang.  Akamatsu in a Defeat.

 

Purchased the RB-17, took it out for a spin.  Got a 2 Plant map, and did ok.  Like the quick recovery of the bombs.  Took #2 in a Victory, despite the best efforts of a Chain Lightning driver to ruin my plans for World Domination.



CorvusCorvax #3023 Posted 03 January 2022 - 02:09 AM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7081 battles
  • 8,345
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postqu33kKC, on 02 January 2022 - 10:12 PM, said:

 

 

Got the UK Mustang in a crate

Which UK Mustang?  The cannon one, or the MG one?

The Mustang IA (4x20mm cannon) is a nice plane, and I like its combo of Mustanginess and cannons.


Edited by CorvusCorvax, 03 January 2022 - 04:47 PM.

I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

qu33kKC #3024 Posted 03 January 2022 - 12:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 03 January 2022 - 02:09 AM, said:

Which UK Mustang?  The cannon one, or the MG one?
 

The MG one.



CorvusCorvax #3025 Posted 03 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7081 battles
  • 8,345
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postqu33kKC, on 03 January 2022 - 12:32 PM, said:

The MG one.

That one is not much different from the U.S. tech tree bird, from my pilot seat.

 

Now, I found that specialization really woke the P-51A up, from a performance standpoint.  Maybe the MG BritStang would also benefit in the same way?

 

The plane does give U.K. LF a BnZ presence @T6, so that's good.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

ItsSubmersible #3026 Posted 06 February 2022 - 03:44 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 605
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2018
Re-aquired the Hs129 & decided to try it again. Maybe just more experience but doing MUCH better in it now. Wish it had a tailgunner, but go with what you have! Took out the weird little T5 french Ad10c2 fighter, this thing is crazy! I may just grind on it a bit to get it specced.

ItsSubmersible #3027 Posted 10 February 2022 - 03:34 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 605
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2018
Unlocked the P51H. You would think it would be somewhat like the p51k! Struggling with it for the moment, not quite sure why it seems so hard to do anything with this bird.

CorvusCorvax #3028 Posted 10 February 2022 - 06:22 AM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7081 battles
  • 8,345
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostItsSubmersible, on 10 February 2022 - 03:34 AM, said:

Unlocked the P51H. You would think it would be somewhat like the p51k! Struggling with it for the moment, not quite sure why it seems so hard to do anything with this bird.

I had the same experience.   Specialization makes this plane MUCH better, IMO.


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

SCS_Captkirk #3029 Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2515 battles
  • 111
  • [BOBL] BOBL
  • Member since:
    08-18-2012

PE-2* first flight,not bad.

P-40 *  Spec and max speed/turn rate..15 kills and 3 chevs.

Mig-3* blew the dust off and had a good flight.

P-51 K* Became a real pain in the but for the reds. :)

 


US Army,11 years -Tank Commander 19E/19K-20

M60A1/A3

M1/M1A1


qu33kKC #3030 Posted 12 February 2022 - 01:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

More "funky game" than "what I flew" but had a doozy of a last game of the session yesterday.  I took the Swedish Rokkit Plane out for a spin, ended up with Clan brother SuperPapa67 in a Do 335 in blue.  Had a map with a center Missile Base, and we both kempt Missile with occasional side trips.  Red team included a very determined Il-20 (I don't remember what the other red human was in, sorry!) 

 

SP took top spot, I took #2 in a Victory, we both ended up with 8 air and 6 ground.  Quirky Birds FTW!



painintheglute #3031 Posted 18 February 2022 - 01:14 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 307 battles
  • 227
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    02-14-2022

flew my P-12 today and had 20 consecutive victories.plus 6 more straight wins in my AR-68

seal clubbing at its finest.

the P-12 is a great tier 1 plane and i highly recommend it.

 


Edited by painintheglute, 18 February 2022 - 08:07 PM.

Chillax!! Have A Little Fun!! :great:

ItsSubmersible #3032 Posted 20 February 2022 - 03:53 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 605
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2018
Specced out the Mosquito & the Hornet. I like these 2! Time to work on the 1056 and see what it can do.Then maybe go back to the p51h and see what I am doing wrong.

ItsSubmersible #3033 Posted 03 March 2022 - 09:23 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6390 battles
  • 605
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    08-19-2018
Got a Hurricane1a out of a crate. Not much time this week but a few observations on it. Performance really takes a hit when it gets in the yellow band. 8 .303's sounds potent but you have to get REAL close for them to do any good. As in so close you either shoot them down or ram them. I imagine it would be okay top/even tier but I haven't had one of those games yet. It looks good but seems to be somewhat of a chore to make it useful.

qu33kKC #3034 Posted 03 March 2022 - 10:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostItsSubmersible, on 03 March 2022 - 09:23 PM, said:

Got a Hurricane1a out of a crate. Not much time this week but a few observations on it. Performance really takes a hit when it gets in the yellow band. 8 .303's sounds potent but you have to get REAL close for them to do any good. As in so close you either shoot them down or ram them. I imagine it would be okay top/even tier but I haven't had one of those games yet. It looks good but seems to be somewhat of a chore to make it useful.

 



CorvusCorvax #3035 Posted 03 March 2022 - 11:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 7081 battles
  • 8,345
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostItsSubmersible, on 20 February 2022 - 03:53 PM, said:

Specced out the Mosquito & the Hornet. I like these 2! Time to work on the 1056 and see what it can do.Then maybe go back to the p51h and see what I am doing wrong.

The Mustang REALLY benefits from specialization.  Having those two engine slots makes this plane a beast.  Before spec, it is very meh.

 

And to give you an idea, I got both the FJ-1 and the F6U before I specialized the 51H.  :(

 

Specialization really woke it up, and allowed me equal footing with the Me-208, I can walk all over Yaks and I-250s, give Spit XIVs the bum rush, and pretty much own all the HFs except the Me-262 flown by somebody with a clue, and REALLY own all the MRFs at tier.

 

It was a long slog.  :(


I might not be King of the Hill, but I am the Prince of Potatoes.

painintheglute #3036 Posted 04 March 2022 - 01:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 307 battles
  • 227
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    02-14-2022

spec'ed my p40.what a fun lightfighter.its a terrific high altitude fighter and with every upgrade it just got better and better.

it will def. be my new toy for a few hours.probably fly my ad10c2 a little tonight tho try to get a feel for it plus i think it looks cool


Chillax!! Have A Little Fun!! :great:

qu33kKC #3037 Posted 04 March 2022 - 12:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017
The P-40 is indeed a nice plane, esp after the .50 cal buff for the US planes.  My only real issue is that the Warhawk's niche in-game is ahistorical.   The P-40 was crippled at altitude IRL due to its engines lack of a supercharger, it was toast above 12000 feet or so.  Down low, it was a dangerous plane, up high, not so much. 

qu33kKC #3038 Posted 04 March 2022 - 01:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

Yesterday was one of those days.  :amazed:

 

Warmup game in P-36, 21 kills, Marseille and 4 other tokens, only missing the Kozedub.  A bit later on, another Ace/Marseille in the Swoose.  Decided that switching to turn fighters would be a better way to get defended kills for the Mission, had a doozy of a fight with a human in a Spit V vs my Spit DB*, then two EPIC games in the Vampire, two maps with central airfields, 18 and 17 kills, two more Marseilles.

 

I don't see 4 Marseilles in a week, normally.  But yesterday, the clouds parted, and the Sun shone down directly on my plane's empennage. . . . . .

 

*midway thru the game, Spit driver posts "that's 3 to 1 my favor."  I then knocked him down twice, and killed the last red plane to steal a win down at least 100 points.  I PM'd him with "I make that 3-3, and I believe I had the tie-breaker.  o7"    I don't usually go for the epeen measuring, but it was a good set of jousts in similarly matched planes.



painintheglute #3039 Posted 04 March 2022 - 10:48 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 307 battles
  • 227
  • [COD-] COD-
  • Member since:
    02-14-2022

View Postqu33kKC, on 04 March 2022 - 01:04 PM, said:

Yesterday was one of those days.  :amazed:

 

Warmup game in P-36, 21 kills, Marseille and 4 other tokens, only missing the Kozedub.  A bit later on, another Ace/Marseille in the Swoose.  Decided that switching to turn fighters would be a better way to get defended kills for the Mission, had a doozy of a fight with a human in a Spit V vs my Spit DB*, then two EPIC games in the Vampire, two maps with central airfields, 18 and 17 kills, two more Marseilles.

 

I don't see 4 Marseilles in a week, normally.  But yesterday, the clouds parted, and the Sun shone down directly on my plane's empennage. . . . . .

 

*midway thru the game, Spit driver posts "that's 3 to 1 my favor."  I then knocked him down twice, and killed the last red plane to steal a win down at least 100 points.  I PM'd him with "I make that 3-3, and I believe I had the tie-breaker.  o7"    I don't usually go for the epeen measuring, but it was a good set of jousts in similarly matched planes.

i friggin love the p36 qu33k.

i think the moral to your story is never count your chickens before they hatch.lol

and never get cocky and brag in the middle of a fight--its a for sure jinx.

and never piss off qweek.:playing:


Edited by painintheglute, 05 March 2022 - 02:07 PM.

Chillax!! Have A Little Fun!! :great:

qu33kKC #3040 Posted 05 March 2022 - 08:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18743 battles
  • 1,990
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View Postpainintheglute, on 04 March 2022 - 10:48 PM, said:

i friggin love the p36 qu33k.

i think the moral to your story is never count your chickens before they hatch.lol

and never get cocky and brag in the middle of a fight--its a for sure jinx.

and never piss off qweek.:playing:

 

Sensei: Have you not learned anything from the lesson of Ed Gruberman?

Student 1: Yes Master I have learned two things. First, anger is a weapon only to ones opponent.

Sensei: Very good.

Student 1: Second… get in the first shot!






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users