Joystick Issue Status

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

blindfoId #41 Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostJuanMendoza, on 31 January 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

You tested the NEW patch with joysticks, right?

Yes. The testing is hold on the test server which has the latest updates. In this case, 2.0.9.6 version. 

GonerNL #42 Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

• 862 battles

Any test results yet ?? Since Friday ...

Preferably positive ones that could actually lead to a <gasp> fix ??

Flying on NA and EU servers

blindfoId #43 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:08 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Greetings pilots,

The work on the joystick issue has been finished. We are happy to announce that the team have managed to find the solution for this problem. Today we've released a client-side patch, to download it just let the WGC do its work!

We will receive the list of affected players next week, as soon as any decision on compensations is made I will gladly announce it.

Good hunting in the sky!

Captain_Underpants53 #44 Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16513 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Praise be!!!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

TNTdalet8 #45 Posted 08 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 3971 battles
  • [WOTNT] WOTNT

I know it took a long time, during which I hope no irreparable harm was done to the game, but thank you for finally getting the joystick bug fixed. I did several battles with no issues. I also seem to have better frame rates than before, but time will tell on that. 

But once more, thank you for the  fix.

Sopwith_ #46 Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 54 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
Out with the old in with the new, yaaaayyyy......(Bugs)

cddlbunny #47 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1623 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Yeah no more flying in a straight line when respawning and hearing BOT! BOT! There may be few things that are good things said about this game but that news is good news for once. Think we should say TY for the people there for resolving the problem.

Edited by cddlbunny, 09 February 2019 - 07:30 AM.

commandercurley #48 Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

Airman Basic

• 227 battles

Not sure were you all have been playing, but nothing has changed for me.  All of which has been complained about on forums that I've read up to this point, (including 2 year old posts for the last week or so since I re-downloaded and started playing again) is still happening. This is the first I decided to reply to, since we just had an update, and nothing has changed on my end.

Whether using joystick or mouse or full on keyboard, (i've tried all three) it has been nothing but glitching, freeze ups, deadstick, not being able to see the stick until 1:30 into the mission (in which, if I hit tab, I can see my plane flying off across the topographic landscape, right into the middle of the map, only to get shot down or crash into a mountain two or three times before even seeing the stick. 

Yes, I have submitted a ticket, but it may have been late. However, I can't be the only person that this is still happening to. I understand that this is a free-to-play game, but it seems very peculiar that persons that are premium or "paid-to-play" get right into missions, don't have glitches and score the highest points in games that have a tendency to be extremely one sided, like 800 to 0 (or 600 or 400). I've been on both sides of the that and it had nothing to do with what I did. There have been times I've shot down 6 or more aircraft (or even less for this purpose) only to have the score board show me with 0, not only 0 "kills" but 0 points in anything, but 1000 personal points. 

This is one of the greatest games I've played, when I am able to play it, personally I prefer the joystick, but it seems the issues are the same no matter which controls you prefer and are becoming overwhelming at this point. I spend more time looking at a black screen than actually playing the game. If I could suggest fixing the issues and not changing scoring, ranking or adding new planes, even playing for free would actually be worth the time. 

Captain_Underpants53 #49 Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16513 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I played 32 games since the joystick fix and have not had any deadsticks.

BUT, I notice the AFKs have greatly increased, the ping rates soar to around 900 at times, and the frequency of 100% packet loss has increased.

Do we really have to pick our poison?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

cddlbunny #50 Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1623 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Yes you have a choice of black screen, getting shot early by bots, having to play bot round up while everything turn the other colour, the infamous disconnect, having the clock run out while you are respawning, but no more dead joysticking so far. You name it and we have it.

mad_dog_morgan #51 Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

Senior Airman

• 6803 battles
  • [DAA] DAA

View Postcommandercurley, on 09 February 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Not sure were you all have been playing, but nothing has changed for me.  All of which has been complained about on forums that I've read up to this point, (including 2 year old posts for the last week or so since I re-downloaded and started playing again) is still happening. This is the first I decided to reply to, since we just had an update, and nothing has changed on my end.

Whether using joystick or mouse or full on keyboard, (i've tried all three) it has been nothing but glitching, freeze ups, deadstick, not being able to see the stick until 1:30 into the mission (in which, if I hit tab, I can see my plane flying off across the topographic landscape, right into the middle of the map, only to get shot down or crash into a mountain two or three times before even seeing the stick. 

Yes, I have submitted a ticket, but it may have been late. However, I can't be the only person that this is still happening to. I understand that this is a free-to-play game, but it seems very peculiar that persons that are premium or "paid-to-play" get right into missions, don't have glitches and score the highest points in games that have a tendency to be extremely one sided, like 800 to 0 (or 600 or 400). I've been on both sides of the that and it had nothing to do with what I did. There have been times I've shot down 6 or more aircraft (or even less for this purpose) only to have the score board show me with 0, not only 0 "kills" but 0 points in anything, but 1000 personal points. 

This is one of the greatest games I've played, when I am able to play it, personally I prefer the joystick, but it seems the issues are the same no matter which controls you prefer and are becoming overwhelming at this point. I spend more time looking at a black screen than actually playing the game. If I could suggest fixing the issues and not changing scoring, ranking or adding new planes, even playing for free would actually be worth the time. 

never get that many problems and im in Australia you  hate to say it may have an issue with your computer good luck  

blindfoId #52 Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:16 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postcommandercurley, on 09 February 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm truly sorry that you experience all these problems but as far as we can see from the feedbacks the issue with joystick (and this particular thread is about the joystick issue) has gone. If you still experinece this problem after the latest patch please contact the Customer Support. 

blindfoId #53 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Greetings pilots,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the joystick issue once again! It was a long way and we are really grateful for your staying with us in the sky of World of Warplanes! 

The letters with bonus codes as a compensation have been send. Please check your emails.

Good hunting!

Deltavee #54 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1952 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostblindfoId, on 20 February 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Greetings pilots,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the joystick issue once again! It was a long way and we are really grateful for your staying with us in the sky of World of Warplanes! 

The letters with bonus codes as a compensation have been send. Please check your emails.

Good hunting!

I received compensation in my Europe account at 10:15 local (EST) - 5 supply crates and 50% discount in the Aircraft section of the Premium shop. 

I haven't opened the crates yet, but I think this is a good effort by WG to compensate us for a demon of a problem.  Unless the crates are full of used Kleenex, I'm happy.  Now I can buy a Chain Lightning without breaking the bank.  I is a happy camper.  I'm off to play pool for the day so opening is tonight.  Hope NA has kicked in by then.

Thanks, blindfold.

----------

I finally remembered to use the code in the email for the crates, used it in NA account and received pilot armour, a compressor, rocket and other sights and several other bits and pieces in the crates. 

About the 50% off a Premium aircraft - does it kick in automatically on your next Premium purchase? 

- A place to click on Discount is offered above payment method after you pick the plane and go to payment page.

How long will this offer for the aircraft last? 

- 160 days from today, 2019.02.20

Happiness is an XP-58 Chain Lightning for 35 bucks.

Thank you WG for making up for a screw-up.  It is appreciated.

Edited by Deltavee, 21 February 2019 - 12:58 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying on N.A. and E.U. servers

Captain_Underpants53 #55 Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16513 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
But we are required to BUY something to receive this 'COMPENSATION'?  Is that correct?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bluegoose02 #56 Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2885 battles

No you do not have to buy something to open crates. You can see them at top left of game screen. Click on them to open.Under supply services.

Edited by Bluegoose02, 20 February 2019 - 10:52 PM.

GonerNL #57 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:13 PM

• 862 battles
And keep in mind that the first crate is opened automagically, so you see 4 crates ...
Flying on NA and EU servers

Deltavee #58 Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1952 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 20 February 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

But we are required to BUY something to receive this 'COMPENSATION'?  Is that correct?

Nope.  To get the crates:

In the email:

First copy the code next to the Redeem button into memory or somewhere (I had to drop it into a blank space at one point later in the process).

click on Redeem button.  It will start the process to get the crates.

The code is one-use.  It didn't apply to my Europe account after I used it in NA.

I have no idea how the 50% aircraft off works or for how long.  I want to buy an aircraft I can't afford yet. 

I have a question to blindfold posted above in my modified original post requesting an answer for that.

Got it.  Bought it.

Edited by Deltavee, 21 February 2019 - 04:55 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying on N.A. and E.U. servers

wingman4u #59 Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:24 AM

Senior Airman

• 6494 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Thank You.  

allenr #60 Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1789 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

got my crates and my coupon,  thank you!

Edited by allenr, 21 February 2019 - 06:33 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users