B-32

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Starchitin #1 Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 1700 battles

Now that the B-32 has been out for a while, I'm curious how others have taken to flying it since it's become one of my 4 favorite planes to fly.

I've found that staying at an altitude between 2600 and 2800 helps minimize the amount of AA that lock onto me while still being high enough that most enemy aircraft won't bother trying to get up to my level to bother me. Though it does mean I have to deal with defense aircraft more often, so if I'm going for a target with heavy defense aircraft I'll fly higher.

I have the aircraft set up to minimize the reload time of the bombs, so the plane's almost always reloaded between one zone an the next unless they're really close together. Factories I nearly always take out with a single drop (the special target plus one or two of the other more armored ones), though there's a rare occasion where a single building in the special target that doesn't get destroyed... lining up so that you fly over it with the smoke stacks lined up ensures that almost never happens if you have the pilot upgrade that increases bomb radius though.

When flying between zones (esp ones with a fair amount of distances between them) I stay in turret view unless changing my altitude. Anything that attacks, I immediately start turning in a circle and firing continuously at them. Constantly circling makes it almost impossible for even the most skilled pilots to sit in the blind spot immediately behind my tail, forces them to eventually turn and circle back even if they're braking to match my speed, and usually tilts the plane to line up all the top even if they're a fair bit below me (if they're at just the right height, both the top turrets and bottom turrets will be firing at them). Unless I've already taken heavy damage, I can take out any fighter or multi-role plane that bothers to get to my altitude no problem and even most heavies can't take me out before I get them if I'm at full health (though there are a couple heavies with the firepower and HP to kill me from full health).

Oddly, I have more success taking down heavies that try to boom and zoom me then those that just stay on me and maneuver back and fourth behind my tail. While the B&Z folk are flying away, I'm still firing at them and a lot of them don't even bother getting out of range of my turrets before turning and coming back at me. There's been one or two pilots smart enough to come at me from below and dive before getting to my altitude before coming back up, though. Even in a turn I can't get my turrets aimed at a low enough angle for actively firing at them if their angles are steep enough, forcing me to either try to climb out of their reach or dive towards friendly planes and hope they come to my rescue.

WhiteKnight416 #2 Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3483 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Don't have one myself, but I've seen a few people use them as essentially mid altitude AA batteries to attack and defend sectors

Jazz_4 #3 Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1438 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
I somewhat like mine I have my tail gunner set up with the sight skill on my gunner and pilot and I have the first aid skill on my gunner and the other skill that let's his gun shoot longer and the sights for my tail gunner it helps a lot but honestly its not my favorite bomber. I have to take a break from being hunted by heavy fighters that are bots or players it can get on your nerves real fast its a good bomber but my a26b and my b17g are my two favorite bombers in game the b32 is a close third.

BetoRS #4 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Airman Basic

• 6253 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
High altitude flying (above 2500 mts), turn a little to use more turrets, stay away from HF and allign targets to use only one drop per sector. No misteries at all.

sandtiger #5 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15297 battles

after put some hour in on all the us bomber  i find the B-32 to be very fun

and i find  the b 17 s to be lacking but i have played them less then the B-32

so of the us  bombers i would have to say i like the B-32 then my A26  then b 17 tier 6 then the tier 5 last

mainly because i find the b 17 to be lacking in get to the target load the bombs is to  slow and the guns

on the turrets can not seem to down a heavy fighter ..  but the B-32  seem to have more then enough bombs and guns to do its job

Edited by sandtiger, 17 January 2019 - 09:11 PM.

ClosedCoffin #6 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5648 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

I play mine a little different than you Starchitin.

Lately I tend to get into a shallow dive to gain speed heading for a target and often end up at 1600m or lower when dropping bombs.

Not sure if this is a sound tactic because i do miss completely destroying special targets like 1 out of 4 tries.

I just get very impatient heading for distant targets.

I have Demo Expert on pilot and Improved Fragmentation consumable (6kCredits/per).

Plus sometimes I try and hit targets that are off line with the main ones I should be bombing and that doesn't help my consistency either.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16247 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
The B-32 has become my favorite bomber.  I generally fly it in the high white altitude.  Thanks for the tip on turning while in the turret.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #8 Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 862 battles

How can you turn the plane while in the turret ??

Thought controls (mouse/keyboard/joystick) were exclusively used for moving the turret ...

Flying on NA and EU servers

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16247 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostGonerNL, on 18 January 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

How can you turn the plane while in the turret ??

Thought controls (mouse/keyboard/joystick) were exclusively used for moving the turret ...

I assigned joystick buttons to bank left or right.  Works great (when the joystick works, that is).
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

StoptheViolins #10 Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2129 battles

A and D turn the aircraft.

You really do need to get your turret gunner leveled up or you'll only get most of the attacking plane.

HazeGrayUnderway #11 Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1814 battles

Powerful cap flipping bomber.  With high points is a nasty beast to take on.  However, some of those Heavy Fighters she encounters, particularly from the Tier VIII variety (Me262, Pancake, etc) are very nasty to deal with.

Player B32s are a nightmare if allowed to run freely.

Captain_Rownd #12 Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1062 battles

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 29 January 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

Player B32s are a nightmare if allowed to run freely.

Priority #1 should be to send those things to longer and longer respawn timers ASAP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users