Ground targets not counting properly

ground targets counting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I keep having games where I obliterate targets, cap the base, rinse and repeat.  Then at the after action report it gives me credit for the caps but not the # of GTs I destroyed.

To illustrate, I just had a battle with my B-32 where I dropped over four strings of bombs, taking out four or five GTs with every string.  Say a minimum of 16 GTs.  The after action report says I got 5 GTs

This seems akin to the reports of shots not registering on enemy planes I have been reading about on the forum.  The difference is the ground targets do disappear.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

LMG #2 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

Ground target kills only count if you destroy every building inside the ground target. If you miss even a single water tower, it won't count. That said, if there's indeed a bug not counting ground target kills properly then it's recent :sceptic:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Exactly as you said and exactly as I already knew with over 13K bomber flights.  It's about all I do.  The B-32 when dropping strings very rarely leaves a part of a target standing.  By very rarely I mean almost never.  

I first started paying attention to this problem a couple of months ago.  At first I thought it was my imagination or I had dropped bombs on less targets than I remembered.  Over time I realized that it was happening. But I am convinced that this is a real problem and it is becoming more frequent.  It happens about once every ten battles now.

Whether anyone believes me or not is, of course, up to them.  But I believe it.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I just flew my B-32 again and came in #1 in victory.  I capped three bases.  I wound up with a grand total of FIVE GTs destroyed.  Again, the buildings disappear, the bases cap, but the number is not counting up.  I sure would appreciate this being investigated.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

So now I have 10 battles in a row with the B-32.  Seven victories and three defeats.  SEVEN battles limited me to FIVE GTs destroyed regardless of how many bombs I dropped or how many caps I took.  Then the dam broke.  THREE battles in a row with FIFTEEN GTs destroyed.  It is getting weirder.  I am going to keep it up for a bit and see if I can figure something out here.

It does not compute for me and I have more bomber battles than any player in the game.  I think this game is getting away from the developers.  The MM is pure and simple weird.

"a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma"  Winston Churchill.  An especially appropriate quote.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Martymart1976 #6 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5522 battles
  • [FK] FK

CAPTN UNDERPANTS--- I  watched the old black and white movie from the forties "30 seconds over Tokyo" the other day and thought of you and your bomber....it brought out a chuckle!

-Marty

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:39 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostMartymart1976, on 16 January 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

CAPTN UNDERPANTS--- I  watched the old black and white movie from the forties "30 seconds over Tokyo" the other day and thought of you and your bomber....it brought out a chuckle!

-Marty

Hey, hey!  I wasn't even born then!

:P

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #8 Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8375 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I've also noted the B-32 turrets sometimes seem to bug the way my fighter's guns do.. shots registering visual and sound.. but no actual damage.

blindfoId #9 Posted 17 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Hi Captain_Underpants53, 

It would be great if you could send me (or publish here) the particular time (PT/ET) when such battles (no registering ground targets) occur, if you could attach screenshots as well - it would be perfect. Then I will be able to report this case properly. 

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostblindfoId, on 17 January 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Hi Captain_Underpants53, 

It would be great if you could send me (or publish here) the particular time (PT/ET) when such battles (no registering ground targets) occur, if you could attach screenshots as well - it would be perfect. Then I will be able to report this case properly. 

As far as the time it was yesterday in the afternoon.  Around 1300 to 1600 EST.  As for the screenshots, screen shots of what exactly?  Obliterated targets?  An after action report showing only five bomb kills?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #11 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 17 January 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

As far as the time it was yesterday in the afternoon.  Around 1300 to 1600 EST.  As for the screenshots, screen shots of what exactly?  Obliterated targets?  An after action report showing only five bomb kills?

Screenshot of the post-battle results after the battle in which you faced the issue. There will be the exact time as well. 

Probably, it may be related to some server problems or the reasons are much more complicated.

Oh, one more question, do you face the issue only when flying on the B-32 or other bombers as well?

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19641 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostblindfoId, on 17 January 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Screenshot of the post-battle results after the battle in which you faced the issue. There will be the exact time as well. 

Probably, it may be related to some server problems or the reasons are much more complicated.

Oh, one more question, do you face the issue only when flying on the B-32 or other bombers as well?

Other bombers, too.  Can't say for sure which ones but I will pay more attention.  I suspect it happens when I am the first to drop bombs on a target.  I can't even explain why I think that and I could well be wrong. 

It is most notable with the B-32 because of those long strings obliterating four or five targets in a row.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with ground targets, counting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users