Why nerf hard earned planes?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

hamhockjones #1 Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 17859 battles

Why is it always a takeaway from our planes. Winning all these parts but nothing really improves your plane. Winning a plane that you grinded a while to pay for with in game currency or dollars and then take away the firepower and handling until that plane is worthless. Nothing ever leads to improvement , its always a takeaway to hurt your planes. Then you start this win a lot to get parts to make plane better, then you just put it back the way it was before, lol  . In fact my tier 6 spit is exactly the same handling as my tier 5 spit, but in no way is it the same, tier 6 spit has been nerfed and people have stopped flying it. My guess is that warplanes does this to make players wont to fly other planes and they might buy a new one ! I fly a small group of planes and I wish yall would leave them along and stop nerfing them down.  Not a smart marketing move because it is so obvious. People don't like buying or earning something only to have it turned into junk by wargaming.  As they mature they should improve, not get worse.  And the server has nothing to do with it, my connection is awesome in every aspect.  Is junk a bad word now? lol      ham

Edited by hamhockjones, 15 January 2019 - 11:50 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

Captain

• 24105 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
:popcorn:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #3 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:56 AM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Aaaaaand, here we go....

JuanMendoza #4 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:59 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7092 battles
  • [DAA] DAA
If you're losing in a Spit, maybe you aren't suited for this....

GonerNL #5 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1111 battles

I tend to agree with this ... after grinding the F7F to the XF5U and eliting and specializing that, the plane is not just nerfed but neutered in the previous patch.

Slightly increased ? Stall speed went from 60 to 90 ... I'd like a slight increase in my salary like that please !!

• XF5U — decreased pitch and yaw rate, increased roll rate. Slightly increased stall speed, decreased boost duration, but slightly increased the speed of boost duration recovery. Decreased range of fire, accuracy, and rate of cooling of M39 guns. Increased time of engine recovery after critical damage.

Edited by GonerNL, 16 January 2019 - 10:09 AM.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

jack_wdw #6 Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2196 battles
I hate it when they nerf planes like this.
i never fly it ingame, but the pancake had a stall speed of 40mph.
Same thing with that stupid altitude nerfing of high altitude planes like the p-47 and the dora.
These planes only share a cosmetic resemblance with the plane they suppose to be.

EZP_MRKARP #7 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8449 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
all planes have been nerfed

Catch21 #8 Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4427 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

My answer to this conundrum (or self-inflicted head wound depending on PoV) once Persha decided we weren't good enough pilots and had to earn our wings all over again (euphemistically called specializing), was to:

1) Just play low tiers- and this after working my way up to tier 8 on most trees, imagine how f'ed off I was when the decision to re-train (aka specialize) was announced

2) Within low tiers, just specialize those planes you like playing

Within lower tiers it's relatively easy to specialize planes (as in relatively versus higher tiers), there's also a higher player count so it's more fun (IMO, plus I'm not surprisingly better lower). In higher tiers there are either no/few players or those vultures of the air (ground and sea too in any game) who specialize in taking apart the new, the infirm, the innocent and/or the stupid (I'd probably qualify on 3 of 4 here) so my take is leave them to feed on each other in what then usually will be a 1 on 1 contest once you take yourself and one other unfortunate on the other side off the table as snacks. 

That is until the game is fixed to an extent where it attracts more players and there's a higher player count in upper tiers (a la WoT or WoS), When that happens there'll be a happy meeting of interests between players (all of them, for fun) and Persha (for $s). Until then Persha will continue to flap around with insanely devious and clever ideas to generate enough $ movement to keep the turkey moving on the ground but unfortunately not enough to get it airborne.

comealong1 #9 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8356 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
In the case of the pancake they took away it's claim to fame... It used to turn and bank like no other.. It's crazy they did that... Might as well park it in hanger... They say it was over powered, not... In real life this plane was a powerhouse... Boo hiss to them. 

GonerNL #10 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1111 battles

View Postcomealong1, on 16 January 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

In real life this plane was a powerhouse... 

Ehm, in real life it never actually flew ... the prototype V-173 was tested in flight but the XF5U-1 only did ground runs.

Development of jets got priority. But the project looked very promising. 

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

WhiteKnight416 #11 Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4785 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostGonerNL, on 16 January 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

Ehm, in real life it never actually flew ... the prototype V-173 was tested in flight but the XF5U-1 only did ground runs.

Development of jets got priority. But the project looked very promising. 

Promising aside from the considerable vibration issues...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users