TECH TREE FRANCE AND CHINA

complete technological trees

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

jop_nod #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

Airman Basic

• 1083 battles

Hello:

I would like to know if in the near future complete technological trees from France and China would appear, in addition, they could place Italian aircraft in the game.

First of all, Thanks

SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4848 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postjop_nod, on 14 January 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

Hello:

I would like to know if in the near future complete technological trees from France and China would appear, in addition, they could place Italian aircraft in the game.

First of all, Thanks

I think they've confirmed that China will not get a full tech tree (they said that about World of Tanks too but World of Warplanes isn't even a fraction of a shadow of a decimal of WoT's success so, yeah. No Chinese Tech Tree)

They've raised the possibility of an European tech tree with planes from several European nations rolled into one tech tree but, again, they said that about World of Tanks - I do believe they will do it for Warplanes, though. So there's likely not going to be an independent Italian tech tree unless the game somehow takes off.

France I'm not sure. I've heard both that they aren't going to expand it or they are going to roll it into the Euro tree but the latter doesn't make sense. So for now just put a question mark over it.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• 23491 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Where do I cast my vote for more planes and less bugs?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

nwlxn12 #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles
This made me think of the premium planes, especially the French ones.  If there are some France plains in the mixed tree, could the premium French planes be used to train the pilots?

BB3_Oregon_Steel #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1290 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I think both France and Italy have enough planes out there to complete two separate full tech tree lines.  It's also possible that you could construct a full tech tree for a Pan-European line using the other European powers.

China basically was buying or building copies of other nation's aircraft, though that didn't stop WG for using ships built by other nations in the Pan-Asian warship line in WOWS so I suppose they could do the same thing here.  Kind of depends on whether the game grows and attracts enough players to make that a worthwhile endeavor. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 14 January 2019 - 07:30 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Rownd #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2321 battles

View Postnwlxn12, on 14 January 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

This made me think of the premium planes, especially the French ones.  If there are some France plains in the mixed tree, could the premium French planes be used to train the pilots?

Not unless they eliminate France as an independent game nation and move those premiums into the "mixed nation".  I'd much rather have a handful more "France" planes than mash them all into a mixed tree. Overall "pan-asian" and "pan-european" tech trees reek of gamey silliness.  It's a crying shame that Warships wants to release that Austro-Hungarian ship under something other than it's historical flag.

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 14 January 2019 - 09:23 PM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

J311yfish #7 Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2670 battles
  • [343] 343

China tech tree project (started 03/2014) has lost most of its potential for uniqueness, given the steady introduction of aircraft of USA, USSR, Japan since then.  The project now serves primarily to identify potential premium aircraft.  There is one short pathway that could potentially remain unique to China, via Northrop Gamma --> Vultee V-11 --> Vultee V-12.  The Vultee V-11 was the precedent for the Ilyushin IL-2.

France tech tree project (started 05/2014) makes it clear that it should be possible to have a full line of fighters, and a full line of medium bombers.  The selection of premiums thus far does not cannibalize progression.

Italy tech tree project (started 10/2014) make is clear that it should be possible to have at least one full line of fighters, and possibly a line of bombers inspired by Germany (in a manner similar to the He 162 for Japan)

An 'International tech tree project' is in progress, and though some French aircraft are featured there, it does not appear to be necessary to rely on French aircraft for progression because there are other avenues available.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

trikke #8 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

Captain

• 3520 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

WG, give me that beautiful Dewoitine D.520 at T4 right now, and take your sweet time on the rest

it's a tiny sports car with wings

and we could slide it in sideways as a german premium, too!

German D.520 of JG 101 flying in 1944

In 1942, the Germans seized 411 examples, passing many to Italy, Romania and Bulgaria, [3] while retaining 50 for use as advanced trainers with JG 101 and JG 105 in France and JG 103 in Austria. This led to heavy losses as the D.520 was very different to German aircraft of the period, [9]especially in regard to the throttle lever, which worked differently in French and Italian aircraft of the period.

Edited by trikke, 15 January 2019 - 02:55 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

J311yfish #9 Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2670 battles
  • [343] 343

^ I believe that D.520, if it were to appear in game, would be tier V (not IV) for the following reasons:

1) reference to existing French premiums, including the Fairey Fantome for U.K.

2) MS.406 more closely resembles the Hawker Hurricane which starts at tier IV; MS.406 preceded D.520

3) first flight date same as Curtiss P-40 (month/year) which happens to be tier V

Of course, this is an exercise in triangulation only, and developers have the added task of considering both balance and uniqueness, so if they wanted to emphasize its speed more than maneuverability, tier IV could make sense.

Anyway, hope we see it in game because it is the other side of the coin for Germany and it actually existed.  

Edited by J311yfish, 26 January 2019 - 06:38 PM.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

jack_wdw #10 Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2118 battles
Definitely Tier V

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users