Chat and AFK bans

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Shizzywiznut #21 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5231 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

Greetings pilots,

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk).

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

If you respond someone may be insulted and report you, thus getting a ban?

If you don't respond they get insulted and you get issued a ban? 

Game crashes puts you AFK and you get reported for botting, and get banned?

To get unbanned you want us to contact the people that respond with,Your issue is not a top priority and refer it to the developers? 

Just scratching my head with all of this

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #22 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Captain

• 809 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 14 January 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

XD... The thing is WE DON´T KNOW WHY THIS GUY IS SO ANGRY WITH FALCO!  I have only met him in two or three battles and that´s it, I have never said anything to him, but he is constantly harassing all members of our clan all the time ...and this situation is not new, this comes from months and months ago. And I would like to know why, I´m more than willing to talk about it... but I have no idea where all this "Failco-trash" thing comes from!. Maybe he can explain us.
(Yes, I know. it's something a bit silly and funny but some of my clanmates dont find those comments so funny, you know?)

maybe it's because you can speak more than one language...

paranoid you're saying things about him

:ohmy:

tell 'em to drop the machismo and laugh at the funny monkey

:D

it's far more entertaining

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

blindfoId #23 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostShizzywiznut, on 15 January 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you respond someone may be insulted and report you, thus getting a ban?

If you don't respond they get insulted and you get issued a ban? 

Game crashes puts you AFK and you get reported for botting, and get banned?

To get unbanned you want us to contact the people that respond with,Your issue is not a top priority and refer it to the developers? 

Just scratching my head with all of this

Chat ban is issued only for using profanity, harassment, insults etc. If you did not say any of that but was reported you won't get a ban.

AFK/Bot ban is issued only if the percentage of battles where you dealt no damage is high enough. So if game crashes/you get black screen/internet connection is lost you won't get banned as it is obvious that percentage of such battles won't be high enough.

Issuing bans and un-banning are fully on the Customer Care and doesn't require developers' involvement. If you face any problem when contacting the Customer Support please do not hesitate to send me your ticket number via PM with the description of your problem. 

Master_Cylinder #24 Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

so instead of fixing before it is an issue you wait until after the fact and then everybody has to stand in line to get it fixed.

Great plan... who came up with that one?

beaver_cleaver #25 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 20 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
When the kindergarten cops have to censor the children it's time rethink this. If this game is for 12+,  apparently the developers have not interacted with 12 year old's lately or been the target of their "verbal" abilities. 12 year olds today are far more foul mouthed than anything I've seen either in the forums or online. Perhaps instead of patrolling the chat and in game verbal jousting the developers could direct their efforts into fixing the game?

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #26 Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
I'm sorry but I don´t understand. Let´s say i´m in queue...and the game decides to send me back to the hangar, but my plane goes to battle...and someone decides to report me for being AFK/Inactive...are you saying i won´t get banned in that case?.
I dont know if you are aware of the frequency of this situation ... these "ghost matches". it happens quite often.

Master_Cylinder #27 Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

as usual, implement before verification of issue

Master_Cylinder #28 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Hey by the way Underpants they kicked Farquare off of the Discord server for WarGaming

As if it matters

Captain_Underpants53 #29 Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16247 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 15 January 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hey by the way Underpants they kicked Farquare off of the Discord server for WarGaming

As if it matters

Why?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Master_Cylinder #30 Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 198 battles
  • [FK] FK

Have absolutly no idea as they just did it with no comments

blindfoId #31 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Explaining one more time. The developers team which is responsible for the game development and bug fixing is not involved in the process of banning or un-banning. Bans are issued weekly (insults and provocation) and monthly (afk/bot behaviour). 

The percentage of battles with dealing no damage should be really high to get banned for afk/bot. The first wave of afk/bot bans was last week, and you may see that you were not banned, so "ghost battles" and other game issues (disconnects, crashes, black screen) won't get your banned.

The restrictions are imposed for violating game rules such as profanity, inappropriate language, bypassing the censor filter, insults, personal attacks, abuse, harassment and spamming or posting nonsensical messages. It is written in the game rules and you accept the rules when launching the game. Using bad words is bad, it is that simple. Let's stay civilized, guys. 

GonerNL #32 Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:46 PM

• 862 battles

Could the 'system' send us a message to tell us why we were banned ?? The in-game pop-up mentions literally ALL reasons, so one doesn't always know what caused the ban.

I was banned, but am unsure why.

Because of the joystick bug I often have to crash or quit games which might look like afk/bot behaviour. 

On the other hand I sometimes get very angry because of the bug, so I might have used some profanity (aimed at WG, not players).

Flying on NA and EU servers

Chuck_norris10 #33 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 758 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostKjim, on 14 January 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

I see...so now all you have to do is report somebody for basically any reason and they get chat banned ? I had one guy tell me he reported me because I only had 1800 worth of damage so I was cheating.{. Leaving early ) I was disconnected almost the whole battle and when I finally got back to hanger i had his chat text telling me he reported me. I tried to explain but i don't know why I bothered....My chat was down in the hanger this morning does that mean Ive been reported three times ?

Well if they are going to start banning guys for not completing a match they wont have a player base soon considering a lot of us cant even get the game to finish a match now without some type of crash.

Moonrider #34 Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1196 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 16 January 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

The restrictions are imposed for violating game rules such as profanity, inappropriate language, bypassing the censor filter, insults, personal attacks, abuse, harassment and spamming or posting nonsensical messages. It is written in the game rules and you accept the rules when launching the game. Using bad words is bad, it is that simple. Let's stay civilized, guys. 

Understood.
The problem lies in that words that are perfectly acceptable in the forums, such as crap, hell, and damn, are grounds for banning in  game chat.
Make it consistent, please.

Edited by Moonrider, 16 January 2019 - 02:58 PM.

HARANGUE, n. A speech by an opponent, who is known as an harangue-outang.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #35 Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

Captain

• 809 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMoonrider, on 16 January 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

Understood.
The problem lies in that words that are perfectly acceptable in the forums, such as crap, hell, and damn, are grounds for banning in  game chat.

So, if they're going to ban CRAP,  from chat then they need to ban the other synonyms for crap too.

Here they are:

crap poop shite BM defecation discharge dung excrement excretion fecal matter feces feculence deuce manure number two stool waste 

I see a problem with your argument

when I use the word "crap" mostly I'm using it as the definition of garbage

here is the thesaurus page for garbage

https://www.thesauru.../browse/garbage

Synonyms for garbage

noun refuse, litter

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #36 Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2688 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i rarely say anything in battle chat, but it's just amazing what other toxic folks say

afks have to be tempered, for sure      we've all had CTDs, etc

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

PoliticallyIncorrectName #37 Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7475 battles

Welcome to game where clicking ONCE gets you not banned for being afk:

Who cares that we lost solely because of that "player"

Edited by PoliticallyIncorrectName, 16 January 2019 - 08:09 PM.

White_Widow18 #38 Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
I caught a chat ban, did I use profanity, yes. Had I said much the same a thousand times before with no issue? Also yes.

I contacted customer service and it did take a couple of days to get a response, they explained and showed me the logs.

Do I agree with the decision? Per the rules I'm forced to. Per the way it had previously been enforced I feel that the lack of proper warning of the changes to the system, etc. was unfair and unnecessary.

Do I see a problem with them trying to clean up the chat? Yes and no. I far preferred the way that others games have done it, which is that you can swear and etc. all day long and barring you -trying- to get around the profanity or ignore filters you don't ever have a problem. That's why a profanity filter exists and that's why ignore lists exist. This of course, would be better if their filter or their ignore lists consistently worked. Several people I've had on ignore I can still see everything they say and that's been problematic.

Bravo to WG for trying to clean it up, but perhaps ask the player base what they want and look for input beyond just "we're tired of the toxic abuse" because while this -is- true (myself included.. TBH I've had people threaten me and say some really graphic things in game, so I want to see the toxicity cleaned up).. We also don't want banned for minor outbursts of annoyance or anger or for misunderstood sentences or uses of words and then given recourse that still takes away our game time.

Perhaps a better way to deal with this given your current thought process would be to give people the option to either accept the ban or appeal it and the punishment be suspended until the appeals process is completed. Then, if it is found they -did- actually violate rules with no misunderstandings, they are banned. At the least this would keep unfair punishment with no communication from being handed out. It's rather frustrating to be told you "broke the rules" and also not be told why without having to go out of your way to ask.

Just my two cents. I enjoy the game even with the crash and etc. bugs and I very much enjoy flying against -most- players.

See everyone in the blue,

-White Widow

blindfoId #39 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 16 January 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

Could the 'system' send us a message to tell us why we were banned ?? The in-game pop-up mentions literally ALL reasons, so one doesn't always know what caused the ban.

I was banned, but am unsure why.

Because of the joystick bug I often have to crash or quit games which might look like afk/bot behaviour. 

On the other hand I sometimes get very angry because of the bug, so I might have used some profanity (aimed at WG, not players).

If you get a chat ban you receive a message like this:

Spoiler

This is a point of a violated rule and the report point sounds the same. If you get banned for afk/bot you won't be able to log into the game, there will be a message on the log in screen. 

View PostMoonrider, on 16 January 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

Understood.

Got it. I will check if I can do something though I am not sure as the list of words for the system is taken from WoT system.

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on 16 January 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

Welcome to game where clicking ONCE gets you not banned for being afk:

I agree that the system is not perfect yet. But the main reason for such filter is that if we ignore it we may ban people for disconnect/game crash/black screen which is not fair. 

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 17 January 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

I caught a chat ban, did I use profanity, yes. Had I said much the same a thousand times before with no issue? Also yes.

I contacted customer service and it did take a couple of days to get a response, they explained and showed me the logs.

Do I agree with the decision? Per the rules I'm forced to. Per the way it had previously been enforced I feel that the lack of proper warning of the changes to the system, etc. was unfair and unnecessary.

Do I see a problem with them trying to clean up the chat? Yes and no. I far preferred the way that others games have done it, which is that you can swear and etc. all day long and barring you -trying- to get around the profanity or ignore filters you don't ever have a problem. That's why a profanity filter exists and that's why ignore lists exist. This of course, would be better if their filter or their ignore lists consistently worked. Several people I've had on ignore I can still see everything they say and that's been problematic.

Bravo to WG for trying to clean it up, but perhaps ask the player base what they want and look for input beyond just "we're tired of the toxic abuse" because while this -is- true (myself included.. TBH I've had people threaten me and say some really graphic things in game, so I want to see the toxicity cleaned up).. We also don't want banned for minor outbursts of annoyance or anger or for misunderstood sentences or uses of words and then given recourse that still takes away our game time.

Perhaps a better way to deal with this given your current thought process would be to give people the option to either accept the ban or appeal it and the punishment be suspended until the appeals process is completed. Then, if it is found they -did- actually violate rules with no misunderstandings, they are banned. At the least this would keep unfair punishment with no communication from being handed out. It's rather frustrating to be told you "broke the rules" and also not be told why without having to go out of your way to ask.

Just my two cents. I enjoy the game even with the crash and etc. bugs and I very much enjoy flying against -most- players.

See everyone in the blue,

-White Widow

Thank you for your feedback! It is really well said and explained. Although your suggestion of "accepting or appealing" a ban is surely great I'm afraid it is technically unfeasible at the moment and - taking into account prioritizing - won't be implemented in the near future.

White_Widow18 #40 Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
I've noticed a certain dearth of development for this particular game and I appreciate WG has more profitable ventures... but... something WG Brass might want to consider is the dedication of a playerbase and not just a fixed cost calculation. Keeping us happy and devoting resources to our game coincidentally helps the others because we're more likely to recommend WG products. I do though understand given the economic realities of everything the difficulty in implementing new features or even fixing old ones or bringing to fruition things people have wanted for a very long time. I do hope that insofar as in-game policing goes.. some greater resources are allocated for several reasons.

#1 - Unfair bans/etc. will quickly kill a playerbase, especially a small but dedicated one, and I -do not- want to watch this game go away. For all the faults, the competitors to this just... aren't nearly so good. I spend most or at least much of my free time playing this as I'm disabled and don't have much else to do, so yea.. want to see it thrive!

#2 - A lot of the information on the website and in game is out of date or disorganized and this makes it sometimes difficult to know what to do or where to go for customer service, bugs, or what the official rules are. I appreciate again, resources, and of course some language barriers. It would be nice to see that fixed up though and made more accessible/etc.

#3 - Some would agree and some would disagree, but I do have some concern that some people are using the equivalent of aim assistance or "aimbot" mods. I could be wrong, but it is a concern... especially since it seems the automated systems for things like idle/bot and language were not functioning at all or at least not properly from what I've understood and gleaned from this thread? So is there a system that checks for obvious aimbotting or anything to be done about that? Is it functioning properly... Just thoughts I have as I watch some people seem to have dead perfect aim even when I've put in more hours playing so I will admit I feel skill is.. well.. maybe their eyesight is just better but its a worry nonetheless given everything.

I'm sure there are others I've missed, but those are some worries and comments I'd also like to pass along.

Otherwise, keep up the work you've done. This middle aged woman enjoys the game for what it's worth, lol!

Edited by White_Widow18, 17 January 2019 - 10:55 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users