Chat and AFK bans

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

White_Widow18 #41 Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4064 battles
  • [AIRVI] AIRVI
Fair enough, I do agree this is more a niche/dedicated playerbase game and advertising in areas with people who fly/have flown/are interested in flight would attract far more players than dumping it on steam did. Still, I hope they manage to keep it going and keep plugging away at problem fixes and game additions.

StoptheViolins #42 Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2129 battles
Nothing beats getting a chat ban even though the last day I played it was only a match played was in a training room solo.  I knew that AI was out to get me!

Catch21 #43 Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3385 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Is chat actually working at the moment? I thought I'd got a ban, then checked at https://na.wargaming...s/wowp/my-bans/ but no ban shows (and I didn't expect or think I deserved one).

Anyone else having troubles saying anything non-bannable in chat?

Jazz_4 #44 Posted 03 February 2019 - 01:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1438 battles
  • [PWOOD] PWOOD
I am I couldn't type to anyone tonight it was weird plus the score board did a weird glitch it was all 0 across on all players except two players on my team. plus I don't know why but when a bot on the other team was shot out of the air it did a weird  thing it look like it still had some hp left but it's tail was blown off It threw me off.... anyone else seen this and did they add this into the new patch.

Booze_Morgan #45 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I got banned for a few days. When I first realized it, I was all like, "What??!!" and laughed about it.  Then I remembered. Yeah, I needed to be banned for a bit, although the infractions occurred it seemed like quite a few days before.

Blindfold, and WG admins, and ban bots, I do apologize for my adolescent-like verbiage on a couple of occasions, and will certainly endeavor to keep it classy. 

Booze

Captain_Underpants53 #46 Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16247 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Wish they would chat ban the ..............darn bots.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Catch21 #47 Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3385 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Yes, that line about 'Hail the Robot Overlords' smacks of life form discrimination.

But boggles the mind what would happen with the AI on a chat perma-ban, how would we live without Dmitri and Sergei whispering sweet nothings to each other across the airwaves in clear? Or worse (better?), banned from playing altogether.

Buncey #48 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Senior Airman

• 3092 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Yeah I'm currently in the midst of this problem atm.

I'd received 2 chat bans, during periods I hadn't been online for extended periods ie over 10 days. I log in and there is a message in the bottom corner saying I was banned on X until Y.

I raised a Ticket with Wargaming, and according to their response my Account seems to have been hacked by a 3rd party. My Account has been banned. I had to 'recover' and change my password to just even find out what the response was to the ticket I raised. They've asked me to provide a mobile phone number to my account, which I can't add on the Account Management page as my Account is currently 'Banned'. Though it has aloud me to add a second authentication process through the mobile phone app. I've replied to the ticket asking how I go about adding the mobile details given my situation. The message does say my account is being reverted back to it's status on the 01/01/19 and any XP, Credits, Gold, Pilot XP and mission progress since then has been lost. So I can only assume once they have the requested information my account will become active again. Not happy about all my mission progress getting wiped, but if it means I can play WoWP again it's a fair trade off I guess.

On a side note, if anyone has been abused either in battle or after battle by a Pilot going by Buncey, I can only apologise, even though it wasn't me...…….

We hope to hear from you soon so that we can keep helping you.

Chuck_norris10 #49 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 758 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostBuncey, on 03 February 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

I'd received 2 chat bans, during periods I hadn't been online for extended periods ie over 10 days. I log in and there is a message in the bottom corner saying I was banned on X until Y.

I raised a Ticket with Wargaming, and according to their response my Account seems to have been hacked by a 3rd party. My Account has been banned. I had to 'recover' and change my password to just even find out what the response was to the ticket I raised. They've asked me to provide a mobile phone number to my account, which I can't add on the Account Management page as my Account is currently 'Banned'. Though it has aloud me to add a second authentication process through the mobile phone app. I've replied to the ticket asking how I go about adding the mobile details given my situation. The message does say my account is being reverted back to it's status on the 01/01/19 and any XP, Credits, Gold, Pilot XP and mission progress since then has been lost. So I can only assume once they have the requested information my account will become active again. Not happy about all my mission progress getting wiped, but if it means I can play WoWP again it's a fair trade off I guess.

On a side note, if anyone has been abused either in battle or after battle by a Pilot going by Buncey, I can only apologise, even though it wasn't me...…….

Chat or from the game itself? 

I cant see you losing anything if your just CB'd except for the ability to chat or am I missing something?

Chuck_norris10 #50 Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 758 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 February 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Wish they would chat ban the ..............darn bots.

Whats your record for frags in one battle?

blindfoId #51 Posted 04 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostJazz_4, on 03 February 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

I am I couldn't type to anyone tonight it was weird plus the score board did a weird glitch it was all 0 across on all players except two players on my team. plus I don't know why but when a bot on the other team was shot out of the air it did a weird  thing it look like it still had some hp left but it's tail was blown off It threw me off.... anyone else seen this and did they add this into the new patch.

I don't think it's a chat ban but a "HUD stops updating" problem. I believe it is worth reporting. 

View PostBuncey, on 03 February 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Oh. I'm sorry to hear it! Glad you are back in the sky. :honoring:

TankNoob1960 #52 Posted 04 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2797 battles
  • [FK] FK

Yup...I am having a problem with this mostly due to a lack of verbal self-control.

Some of the games just want to make me pull my hair out.

Now I am trying to just use the numbered responses and shut the heck up.

Peace,

Gunny

*** Second BEST BF109F pilot on the NA server - Frederich vs. Lightning Event - 1/27/2019 ***

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users