Chat and AFK bans

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

blindfoId #1 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:05 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 7 battles

Greetings pilots,

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk).

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

Moonrider #2 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1049 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

You should suggest they adjust the word list on the chat filter to match what's acceptable here in the forum. CONSISTENT ENFORCEMENT would be nice.

Edit: BTW, another post of yours mentioned the list is borrowed from WoT. Here's a link to the post to the WoT Blitz NA forum that contains a copy of it's censored words list. A copy taken directly from the game files themselves.

N.B.  what's NOT listed! 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/14341-list-of-censored-words-in-chat/

Edited by Moonrider, 14 January 2019 - 11:58 AM.

HARANGUE, n. A speech by an opponent, who is known as an harangue-outang.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• 47 battles
half of those words I never even heard of from that list. :amazed: Am I only one to remember the seven bad words from the old days?  I guess millennials have to keep things exciting for the rest of us.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Perco_lator #4 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:08 PM

• 11 battles
Rather than banning people wouldn't it make more sense to use the chat filter that is already in place to automatically remove the banned words?

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15390 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

LOL.  Hearse?  Preteen?  I feel like I am in a particularly funny episode of The Twilight Zone!

:facepalm:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

DrSinister #6 Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 114 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 14 January 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

LOL.  Hearse?  Preteen?  I feel like I am in a particularly funny episode of The Twilight Zone!

:facepalm:

its not hearse, the game file is excluding hearse to be part of the list, but to include the word if you took away he- (sorry that word gets edited on forums so can not write it hear either).

it follows this perimeter for the list:

Two formats:
1. <badWordSet>pattern</badWordSet> - search bad word by given pattern
2. <badWordSet>
<include></include> - search bad word by given pattern.
<exclude></exclude> - but if find in exclude, than ignore.
</badWordSet>

Also I can tell you this, that the WoT Blitz has a longer list vs WoWp.  Not going to stay which ones are missing.

There is also a ban domain name list in the game files.

Edited by DrSinister, 14 January 2019 - 06:25 PM.

Drunkenstyle #7 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Senior Airman

• 2854 battles
what a joke.. Persia please dont ask why your game is dead... read above..

Drunkenstyle #8 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 2854 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 14 January 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Rather than banning people wouldn't it make more sense to use the chat filter that is already in place to automatically remove the banned words?

This is called COMMON sense... Persia does not have any...

Kjim #9 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4476 battles
I see...so now all you have to do is report somebody for basically any reason and they get chat banned ? I had one guy tell me he reported me because I only had 1800 worth of damage so I was cheating.{. Leaving early ) I was disconnected almost the whole battle and when I finally got back to hanger i had his chat text telling me he reported me. I tried to explain but i don't know why I bothered....My chat was down in the hanger this morning does that mean Ive been reported three times ?

sandtiger #10 Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

• 14379 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 14 January 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

Greetings pilots,

Since December the chat block is issued on a weekly basis. The principle is simple - the automatic system unloads those who have 3 or more case of using profanity (+abuse, personal attacks, spamming etc.), and then such players are deprived from opportunity to use chat for 3 days (both in battle and in the Hangar). The content rating applied to the game is "12+". Please remain civilized when playing the game and avoid the toxicity. 

Also, since January (the first wave - according to the data gathered in December) a monthly blocking of accounts for being inactive in battle (afk) and botting takes place. The algorithm of issuing a restriction is the following:

1. We check the players reported for afk/bot during the previous month.

2. We unload the data and check how many matches the reported player had without dealing any damage (basically - being afk).

3. If we see that percentage of such battles is high enough we take actions against him/her - issuing a ban.

Please mind that the chat ban system gathers the data automatically, while afk/bot blocking require human involvement. All the data is processed by the Customer Service. You may apply a ticket if you consider the restriction to be unfair. Please keep in mind that the Customer Service may answer within the 7-day timeframe. 

Good hunting!

so just a question so dose this count  when the game drops them because i sure hate to get band for be drop and my plane being in battle with out me that happen to me many time lately for what ever reason... i was drop and could not get back in and then my plane stayed in that game with out me

so just wondering if there some thing that show this .. or the many time i had to leave to help real life problems  and i push leave q and it put me in a game anyway

this has  happen more then once ...  i hate to get band for having  real life problems and have to go help my 99 year old grandmother...

i sorry but it seem like you guys are try to help your game but is many ways your hearing it with all this banning stuff i mean real people with real life  problems well have to leave ti help there family or friends  i had to do that  and i forgot to exit the game... so this worries me that people that had some thing come up that was real life  will get banned because they forgot to hit exit 

Edited by sandtiger, 14 January 2019 - 07:58 PM.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #11 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO

"Since December" taking into account the number of players who have been banned in the last days we can say that the system is "quite effective", what makes me think that previously it was not working, it was not working at all in the last couple of years (?).

It would also have been a good option to fix the "Blacklist" feature.

Will these suspensions increase? the first sanction of the chat is 3 days ... what happens next ... a week ... a month and so until the expulsion of the game permanently?

sandtiger #12 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

• 14379 battles
:(

Edited by sandtiger, 14 January 2019 - 11:52 PM.

sandtiger #13 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

• 14379 battles

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 14 January 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

"Since December" taking into account the number of players who have been banned in the last days we can say that the system is "quite effective", what makes me think that previously it was not working, it was not working at all in the last couple of years (?).

It would also have been a good option to fix the "Blacklist" feature.

Will these suspensions increase? the first sanction of the chat is 3 days ... what happens next ... a week ... a month and so until the expulsion of the game permanently?

sound very much like the xbox

Edited by sandtiger, 14 January 2019 - 11:52 PM.

sandtiger #14 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:30 PM

• 14379 battles

so where can we find the list forbidden words.

because from what i hearing from some of the  people

is a lot of us have no clue what is on the list

and what may be common normal human chatter

maybe on the list of forbidden words.

i would like to know where i can go to find the official list of  forbidden words.

for i have never seen it and i do not want any one to post it because i do not want them to get

in to trouble on here

Edited by sandtiger, 15 January 2019 - 09:28 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

Captain

• 794 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I feel much safer now

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #16 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
not everyone.....just you. Have a nice day. 07

Drunkenstyle #17 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:11 AM

Senior Airman

• 2854 battles

Cant beat people at the game.. try to get them banned.. LOL... Keep trying.. LOL

Edited by Drunkenstyle, 15 January 2019 - 01:17 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #18 Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:18 AM

Captain

• 276 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Half the population is going to rage quit because of this. :bajan::facepalm:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:00 AM

Captain

• 794 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostHANNIBAL_LECTER_1, on 14 January 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

not everyone.....just you. Have a nice day. 07

dang, Honorable Lecher,

what the heck did you do to get this freak to start stalking you...

my guess, 16 years old and angry...

maybe an ex tonker

what's your guess?

tho it is funny in a pathetic kind of way

:B

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

HANNIBAL_LECTER_1 #20 Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3857 battles
  • [FALCO] FALCO
XD... The thing is WE DON´T KNOW WHY THIS GUY IS SO ANGRY WITH FALCO!  I have only met him in two or three battles and that´s it, I have never said anything to him, but he is constantly harassing all members of our clan all the time ...and this situation is not new, this comes from months and months ago. And I would like to know why, I´m more than willing to talk about it... but I have no idea where all this "Failco-trash" thing comes from!. Maybe he can explain us.
(Yes, I know. it's something a bit silly and funny but some of my clanmates dont find those comments so funny, you know?)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users