flight up with a super vet!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2804 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've got a idea that could help boost new player satisfaction and retention...  if WG approves, and how could they not, with those goals?

Flight School with a Super Vet!

for a modest sum of gifted gold, a new/struggling pilot would pre-arranged a time when both could flight up...  15 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour

a list of good vets/great vets/super vets could be listed in a forum, each could set their own prices and availability, and pms could set the appointments 

edit: if you're having issues with a particular plane, find a vet who excels in it using HoF       just general strategy questions, choose any high WR pilot

what do you think?

Edited by trikke, 12 January 2019 - 06:03 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Booze_Morgan #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
:medal:

Perco_lator #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

Wow is this what this game has come to? You have to pay someone to get some help?

You used to be able to just ask here in the forum & get multiple offers from great players for their assistance.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Booze_Morgan #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 January 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Wow is this what this game has come to? You have to pay someone to get some help?

You used to be able to just ask here in the forum & get multiple offers from great players for their assistance.

It's just an idea from one guy,  not "what this game has come to."   Good lord.

It's a good idea no matter if the game is doing well or not.  I don't think it will work, actually, because there are pilots who will teach for free.

Booze

Booze_Morgan #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Hmmmmm What about a clan dedicated only for teaching at least the basics?  

That idea was put forward some time ago and the response was not too great. In fact, the one who had the idea was soundly lambasted.  I think most all the arrogant rear ends who thought it silly to try to teach someone are gone. Well, in fact, most everyone is gone.  We may not have enough humans left to make a clan for this purpose.

What do you think about that kind of clan Trikke?

Booze

Edited by Booze_Morgan, 12 January 2019 - 07:27 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17095 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I suspect (and hope) that if you joined a clan with one of these guys, such as GW_S or OWSS, they would be happy to edumicate you for nothing.  There are many other clans with aces but those two are just off the top of my head.

:popcorn:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17095 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 12 January 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Hmmmmm What about a clan dedicated only for teaching at least the basics?  

That idea was put forward some time ago and the response was not too great. In fact, the one who had the idea was soundly lambasted.  I think most all the arrogant rear ends who thought it silly to try to teach someone are gone. Well, in fact, most everyone is gone.  We may not have enough humans left to make a clan for this purpose.

What do you think about that kind of clan Trikke?

Booze

Actually, while a good idea, it has been done but never seemed to take off.  Maybe a lack of publicity? 

Hire dbarny365!  He's got the publicity thing down cold.

:playing:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 12 January 2019 - 08:03 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Booze_Morgan #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 377 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 January 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

Actually, while a good idea, it has been done but never seemed to take off.  Maybe a lack of publicity? 

Hire dbarny365!  He's got the publicity thing down cold.

:playing:

It did take off with one particular clan, I know because I was in the clan. Learned a lot. There was upper management probs, as I recall, but it was a very active clan for a long time.  I think there is just not enough people playing for it to happen successfully again.

mnbv_fockewulfe #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Captain

• 351 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Good intentions trikke, baaaad idea.

PS do I qualify as a super vet?:medal:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2664 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 January 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Or, instead, someone like you would respond.

Asking questions in the forums is not a guarantee of a good answer.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:03 PM

Captain

• 837 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 12 January 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

It did take off with one particular clan, I know because I was in the clan. Learned a lot. There was upper management probs, as I recall, but it was a very active clan for a long time.  I think there are just not enough people playing for it to happen successfully again.

ay... and there's the rub

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2664 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Posttrikke, on 12 January 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

i've got a idea that could help boost new player satisfaction and retention...  if WG approves, and how could they not, with those goals?

Flight School with a Super Vet!

for a modest sum of gifted gold, a new/struggling pilot would pre-arranged a time when both could flight up...  15 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour

a list of good vets/great vets/super vets could be listed in a forum, each could set their own prices and availability, and pms could set the appointments 

edit: if you're having issues with a particular plane, find a vet who excels in it using HoF       just general strategy questions, choose any high WR pilot

what do you think?

I would love to fly with someone who could show me how to wring the last 20% out of my heavy fighters.  While I don't know if I would pay in gold for it, I would like to learn.  I would be happy to show low-battle folks various ACM, because that's kind of useful.  I'd be happy to do that for free.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:05 PM

Captain

• 837 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 January 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

huh... are you trying to out richard him?

you may collect your "I'm a Success" badge at the copy machine

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

Captain

• 837 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 January 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

I would love to fly with someone who could show me how to wring the last 20% out of my heavy fighters.  While I don't know if I would pay in gold for it, I would like to learn.  I would be happy to show low-battle folks various ACM, because that's kind of useful.  I'd be happy to do that for free.

maybe it's your cologne... but I hear people offering help all the time

Azis_ #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1590 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I know you have good intentions Trikke, but not a good idea IMO.

There has been and still is I believe enough players who are more than willing to assist new folks. If for no other reason than the reasons posted about noobie's/ less than inteligent..etc. players claimed to be the cause of many team losses.

By no means am I super anything and first to admit I really don't have a great grasp on strategy in this version. I am however more than confident in my flying and tactics, discipline knowing my opponents strengths and weakness.

Many of the new mates I make is when I have a good battle win or lose but have a good joust with an opposing player, after game I will chat, tell them I enjoyed that, good job...etc. Then wind up flighting with them for 20 or so battles.

I would never ask for nor even accept gold for sharing anything I might have of value to another. If I were to receive any it would go in the Clan fund and perhaps I could manage to find a way to spread the wealth there.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Perco_lator #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:55 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 January 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

Nah it was more likely a self-important peon like yourself would chime in with his weak skills & substandard game knowledge.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

trikke #17 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2804 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

all great thoughts!     

none of you need any help, but i did when i got started...  and then again later, when i "knew what i didn't know"

not everyone is as helpful as you, but everyone needs some help with one thing or another, and we know that we hate to ask for help

i'm just an old yenta at heart...   i just wanted to get a formal list going, at least someone in each timezone in each language 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #18 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2664 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 January 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

maybe it's your cologne... but I hear people offering help all the time

I've never seen a single person on here with a passion for heavy fighters.  I have seen some folks who claim to know stuff, but mysteriously drop in-game whenever I see them.

Must be connectivity issues.  Yeah, that's the ticket...

CorvusCorvax #19 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2664 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 12 January 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

huh... are you trying to out richard him?

you may collect your "I'm a Success" badge at the copy machine

:facepalm:

Oh, I know that's not possible.  A bigger Richard on the forums could not be found.  Well, maybe Mars?  That's a toss-up, for sure.

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2664 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 January 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Nah it was more likely a self-important peon like yourself would chime in with his weak skills & substandard game knowledge.

Whatever helps you feel better about yourself, you go with that.  I completely support your snowflake self.  :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users