Chat ban? Here’s one who may need such a ban.

Chat troll noob

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Leadlooser #1 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:24 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4158 battles

Backstory:  Admittedly I read the map wrongly, and suggested our team to go far afield, but the next suggestions were correct in consideration of the battle scenario.  In all honesty, I should have typed, cancel suggestion 1, but the following messages came across battle chat:

Leadlooser:  Attention to map sector H8! (wrong message at the time – my fault)

Blue:  hush

Leadlooser:  Attention to map sector C3!

Leadlooser:  Attention to map sector H8! (again) (…as the battle progressed)

Blue:  stfu cpt. douchenozzle

At first I was surprised at the spelling!  I didn’t know that ‘douchenozzle’ was a word, and then I realized I was the target of their vise.  I agree that at times it feels like others are dictating our actions, but at the lower tiers, I don’t think all understand the significance of various objectives.  I was trying to help our team, but after the chattiness of ‘Blue,’ I didn’t communicate anymore – MISSION ACCOPLISHED by ‘Blue.’

The game results don’t really matter, but ‘Blue’ hadn’t much effect on the outcome, but I did PM him:

Leadlooser:  Please watch your chatter.  NRN

Blue:  And you are?

Blue:  what is this?: [sic]

Leadlooser:  A person you ‘plays’ the game and tries to be constructive.  And you? [sic]

Blue:  Unless you’re admin, go *** up a rope [sic]

Blue:  Did I ask for you imput on anything? [sic]

Leadlooser:  Well, it is supposed to be a ‘team’ game, right?

Blue:  Ohhh you you the douchenozzle that tried to act like you were going to tell us all what to do? LOL [sic]

Blue:  yeah go *** up a rope

Leadlooser:  No, I was informing you of what my priorities were.

Blue:  stfu dude, get a life

I agree that useless spamming of the map negatively affects the game.  This is just a minor incident as I tried not to provoke more in-game chat with my team or opposition, but the PM makes this ‘player’ unscrupulous. They are not playing, but complaining and has a thing about ‘douchenozzles’ and something about ropes.

I don’t know if I want to understand this ‘player.’

Bobby_Tables #2 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5189 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I am at the point where this whole in-game chat controversy has gotten a bit out of hand.  

Douchnozzle is probably one of the more creative non-banding terms anyone has come up with and I have to applaud the effort in this case.  

People are going to get salty in chat.  It's one of the many aspects of the game.  Personally, I like it.  I mean, where else are you going to see the term Douchnozzle?  

Read them, laugh at them, flame them, whatever.  It's all good.  There is an option to filter the in-game chat so if someone calls you a f*word, it will tend to just filter that out.  Other than that, I think Douchnozzle would be totally over the head of any 12 year old playing.  

As it is, it's a pretty creative term.  Consider yourself served.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 12 January 2019 - 05:31 AM.

Perco_lator #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles
Moral of the story, don't message someone after a game when you already know they are probably going to say something that might hurt your delicate feelings & don't come cry on the forum after the fact looking for sympathy.

"Come find me in the game, tough guy.  We'll see who knows stuff."

Leadlooser #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4158 battles

I DO agree!  The more colorful and unique metaphors are VERY, VERY, welcome!  Be creative and add some sentiment.  Add some contextually relevant idioms or what have you, but 'stfu' and '...rope' are lost on myself.

Perhaps had Blue said, "Spammer-man, Spammer-man, doing what a spammer can,"  I'd take a laugh.   I forgive the early chatter, but the PM text seemed rude but it may help me if I knew what they were talking about a rope.

Leadlooser #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4158 battles

View PostPerco_lator, on 12 January 2019 - 05:14 AM, said:

Moral of the story, don't message someone after a game when you already know they are probably going to say something that might hurt your delicate feelings & don't come cry on the forum after the fact looking for sympathy.

Just trying to reach out and be positive.  Thank you for your support.

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5189 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostLeadlooser, on 11 January 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Just trying to reach out and be positive.  Thank you for your support.

'bout the best we can do in here and at this time.  

_A_3_ #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Why continue to map spam and send messages to someone who made it clear they had no interest?

Yet you continued after the battle and bringing it to the forums.

Some people are not expecting a team battle in a game dominated with bots so let the guy play the game and your problem is resolved.

cobra_marksman #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5268 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Blue:  Unless you’re admin, go *** up a rope [sic]

Blue:  Did I ask for you imput on anything? [sic]

Leadlooser:  Well, it is supposed to be a ‘team’ game, right?

Blue:  Ohhh you you the douchenozzle that tried to act like you were going to tell us all what to do? LOL [sic]

Blue:  yeah go *** up a rope

Leadlooser:  No, I was informing you of what my priorities were.

Blue:  stfu dude, get a life

So  now you know, not everyone is on your team, nor are they teammates, nor do they care about winning the round, nor do they care about your priority's.

He was probably on a defensive ( No Win req. ) mission, and was sitting on a capped base just shooting down as many planes as possible.

He could care less about your needs and was playing selfishly about only his. 

So next time, you run into one of these players you have 2 choices: 

1. Just put up with his selfish wants, demands & needs.

2. Hit the " Return to Hanger " option, and find a team that shares your requirements in the round.

Edited by cobra_marksman, 12 January 2019 - 10:58 AM.

TommyBuns #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 72 battles

View PostLeadlooser, on 12 January 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

I DO agree!  The more colorful and unique metaphors are VERY, VERY, welcome!  Be creative and add some sentiment.  Add some contextually relevant idioms or what have you, but 'stfu' and '...rope' are lost on myself.

Perhaps had Blue said, "Spammer-man, Spammer-man, doing what a spammer can,"  I'd take a laugh.   I forgive the early chatter, but the PM text seemed rude but it may help me if I knew what they were talking about a rope.

Edited by TommyBuns, 12 January 2019 - 07:00 PM.

Catch21 #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3793 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

Could be 'Blue' is a new and improved bot. After all, bots are an integral part of keeping the game airborne by attracting and trying to keep new human players.given their current scarcity.

To date, their inane chatter has been pretty easy to spot (or when in doubt there is this mod to be sure), but this looks like a major improvement in making them more believable as a cross section of 'normal' human players. That would of course be a sad indictment of the human player base, so let's all hope he is human and eventually gets sanctioned.

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:22 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4965 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Sigh part 38...

Again, they are using an automatic filter to ban people who say stuff that you shouldn't say in front of a bunch of 12 year olds.

And it happens only after you have been dinged 3 times.

It's not just you (or Hammy)

The easy way to defeat this horrible auto ban thing is to ether don't say stuff that they hate or words that WG hates.

I have a headache now.

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 12 January 2019 - 02:06 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4965 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

That was pretty incoherent.

Sorry.

trikke #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2782 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i try like hell to never engage with douchenozzles in battle chat and in my life

mostly i succeed 

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Catch21 #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3793 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 12 January 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

That was pretty incoherent. Sorry.

No need. it all makes my head spin too. I mean does saying scrap get you a ban too?

As to bot improvements, it wouldn't surprise me at all if WG's latest programming efforts were being channeled into integrating improvements in botspeak into the player-to-player messaging system, given the amount of downtime and difficulties chat seems to have (I rarely use it myself as there are so few humans to talk to).

LATE EDIT: Except in these forums, there are some nice folks here, and I enjoy listening and occasionally participating, so thank you all!

Edited by Catch21, 12 January 2019 - 01:40 PM.

SkyWolf__WM #15 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:45 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4965 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCatch21, on 12 January 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

No need. it all makes my head spin too. I mean does saying scrap get you a ban too?

LATE EDIT: Except in these forums, there are some nice folks here, and I enjoy listening and occasionally participating, so thank you all!

Yes, that will get you banned from chat.

Thumbs up for the except for the forums thing. Brilliant.

Bravo 

Catch21 #16 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3793 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 12 January 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Yes, that will get you banned from chat.

LoL, so like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, "Click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there.", all I've got to do is type "scrap, scrap, scrap" in chat and hey presto, I'll be back in hangar with a ban? Or does it just do crash to desktop?

Lordy, must try this, if only to see if it's something that actually does what it says on the tin, and works...

Leadlooser #17 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4158 battles

Thanks for all of the "imput!" I was wrong to say, "My priorities." They were our team's priorities from my POV.  I will not quit on any team regardless of the ineptitude of its members INCLUDING ME.  Sadly, 'Blue' was flying a bomber and finished near the bottom.  Having typed that, finishing there is OK; it's how we learn.  I get it, but why the lip?  It didn't upset me.  I was just happy to share goofy shenanigans.

More so, you lot are awesome with your replies.  Thanks to you for being such a great community!

Catch21 #18 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3793 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostLeadlooser, on 12 January 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

Thanks to you for being such a great community!

Sorry to go a little OT. To try to be helpful (and if I have real humans on my team) I do try to let folks know what I'm prioritizing (especially if in a bomber/GA) or hit F5 for Affirmative to signify I'll support where someone else is going. I don't ping the map though (I find it's erratic), I tend to point my nose towards the target and hit F2 (attacking/defending target), I find it more precise.

But you'll get courtesy-challenged players in every game (WoT is no different except in bot numbers), so you just need to develop strategies for them. Mine range from ignore (in-game, I don't use the ignore list) to avoid to occasionally calling them out. Of course you can flight up with like minded players when you find them, players on the same wavelength make any game a lot more fun.

Edited by Catch21, 12 January 2019 - 02:05 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17067 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
I have gotten where I highlight my target only rarely.  Usually it's pretty obvious to anyone with experience and if they ain't experienced I don't want them anywhere near my targets.  But, on occasion when it's a coin flip of which way to go, I still do.  But it is not meant (by me) as an order to go there.  Often it works out better if team mates attack a different base.  But you always know your team has a new guy when he objects to the 'Attention to C3!' and complains that you are being rude.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2618 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 January 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

I have gotten where I highlight my target only rarely.  Usually it's pretty obvious to anyone with experience and if they ain't experienced I don't want them anywhere near my targets.  But, on occasion when it's a coin flip of which way to go, I still do.  But it is not meant (by me) as an order to go there.  Often it works out better if team mates attack a different base.  But you always know your team has a new guy when he objects to the 'Attention to C3!' and complains that you are being rude.

I always figure if a human wants to go to a place, I'll support them, if I can.  If I see you, for example, and you want to go to a place, I'll go along to provide CAP cover or do wild weasel , whichever my plane is best suited for.  I, for one, never take offense at someone wanting to go a certain place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users