Master Sergeant

• 3941 battles
Thank you Sandtiger. That was really cool

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18395 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Good stuff!

I was privileged to see a Vulcan in flight in 1970 +/- when I was stationed in Guam.  It came in to Andersen AFB with an inflight emergency.  An engine I think.  Anyway, after they flew in parts and plane fixers, it took off home.  But before it departed our airspace it gave a bit of an airshow for us.  I will never forget it.  I have never before, or since, seen an aircraft that large do the things it did.  It was like a fighter.   Very impressive.  Our B-52's could certainly haul more freight but not with the style of that sucker.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Longsite #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7082 battles

Hey Captain_Underpants53

Just to let U know how small the world is, I was there when that Vulcan came to Guam, I was the security guard on that aircraft for the few days it was on the ground.  It did put on a really impressive show, and I was so impressed.  Funny how we were on the same ramp and enjoyed those moments so long ago, take care and be good....

Longsite......

El_Mulo #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14074 battles

+1 Sandtiger

What we say to death?

sandtiger #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 18565 battles

i glad you guys like the video i shared and thanks for the story's that cool i really like the roll and loop they did with the bombers it was nice to see that

any have fun every one

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18395 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostLongsite, on 12 January 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

Hey Captain_Underpants53

Just to let U know how small the world is, I was there when that Vulcan came to Guam, I was the security guard on that aircraft for the few days it was on the ground.  It did put on a really impressive show, and I was so impressed.  Funny how we were on the same ramp and enjoyed those moments so long ago, take care and be good....

Longsite......

Well tie me up and call me Sally!  I often think of Guam.  My first year there with some fondness.  After that, not so much.

Small factoid; I once got lost driving at night with the family on Guam.  Our infant son would fall asleep quickly when in a car and one night I drove out to a Naval installation.  I think it was some kind of ammo dump.  Anyway I got on this unfamiliar road and just kept driving, knowing that sooner or later I would wind up in familiar territory.  After all, Guam ain't what you would call vast.  But we just kept going and going.  I don't know how many laps we made around that Naval installation but it was a good hour before I finally realized we were going in circles.  Good times!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users