Chat Ban?

chat ban

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

aces40love #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 1007 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I log on today and get a notification that I am banned from chat for 2 days and 8 hours. I don't understand why. I don't recall getting a warning even! I'm the type that says gg to everyone. I'm sure some people have gotten really mad at me for shooting them down repeatedly but this is the point of the game. I've created a support ticket asking for a date and timestamp of my offense. Anyone else have insight?

Bobby_Tables #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4672 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Yes, others have reported this as well.  There is a search function at the upper right of the forums where you can search in multiple threads.   It's a bit more difficult if you are on a mobile phone, easier on a pad and way easier on a PC.

Anyway, back to your question:  There seems to be a mass effort to ban people in-game chat.  Not sure where it is originating from - i.e. is is WG or people just randomly reporting other people.  

In any case, WG tends to hit with a heavy hand because, if they cannot fix bugs, at least they can press the ban button.  

GonerNL #3 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 824 battles

About half the players on the EU forum (including me) are chat banned.

Probably because of complaining in-game about the joystick bug ... ?

Flying on EU and NA server

sandtiger #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

• 14432 battles

this is what blindfold sent me when i a was band it is not all of what he sent just the last part

("Automatic system counts cases of insults and foul language and needs 3 cases at least to implement restriction.)" blindfolds words not mine

now i am  not sure if this is 3 case in a day or week  month or just 3 case  ...

one thing i did to help my self after get this message for blindfold i went  in to my own chat logs and files and found my bad  words and mistake i had forgot i had a few matches that got toxic and i was not to nice to the person be toxic to me this is how i got my self in trouble

i not sure how or why you where chat band but there are many reasons  that can make this  happen

anyway  i hope you do not have to hard of a time while your play because being chat band is no fun

and you have never  said any thing other then gg that i can remember ... so good luck with your ticket i hope it works out 

Edited by sandtiger, 12 January 2019 - 12:50 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

Captain

• 276 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
c a r p :hiding:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

sandtiger #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

• 14432 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 11 January 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

About half the players on the EU forum (including me) are chat banned.

Probably because of complaining in-game about the joystick bug ... ?

you can complaint all you want it  will only happen when you use colorful words with your complaining

the system real dose not like that

Shizzywiznut #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4963 battles

I don't communicate with anyone in chat, got the chat ban also... so for me it does not matter I don't communicate but to people I know, and they use TS or discord

Leadlooser #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3599 battles

GG/gg/Gg/gG, is not a taunt!  If one has a poor game, just get on with the next or take a break.  Please don't ask for sanctions against players who may have won regardless of their chat jibber-jabber.

Having typed that, authors of chat should be cognizant of their statements and avoid being toxic.  Just post positive or useful messages - it's easy.

CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2267 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 12 January 2019 - 12:48 AM, said:

c a r p :hiding:

Crud muffin

GonerNL #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:01 AM

• 824 battles

View Postsandtiger, on 12 January 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

the system real dose not like that

Since when ?

I never heard anything before yesterday and now suddenly dozens of players are banned !!

Flying on EU and NA server

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4502 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postsandtiger, on 11 January 2019 - 07:44 PM, 

("Automatic system counts cases of insults and foul language and needs 3 cases at least to get banned 

I think I may have seen something about this when I researched it before I posted dumb fecal matter.

Sand Tiger is correct.

It is automatic. It isn't one person's fault. Certainly NOT Blindfolds fault.

Sorry for the lateness of this reply. 

I was busy researching the topic so I didn't go online and post something stoopid.

Much to your satisfaction, I must go take some acetaminophen as I have a headache now.

Or maybe I'll just use one of my guns to solve the headache problem.

I think that I will try the acetaminophen first.

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 12 January 2019 - 02:12 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Geel_Piet #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 4823 battles

As a chronic violator of the terms of service myself I feel for the people who really didn't do anything but got chat banned.  I definitely deserved it both times I got chat banned but it seems like quite a few people are chat banned for utterly trivial stuff. 

Some people are toxic.

Some people are not toxic but you perceive them as such because their world view differs from yours and you are overly sensitive.

The proper thing to do, the mature thing, hehe, is to ask that person to stop and let them know they are being offensive to you. Then if they persist they deserve to get reported. Not before.

Thats what a sexual harrassment lawyer would say.

Some things are cut and dried and some things are arbitrary.

Some people have thick skins and some have thin ones.

Some people put facts before feelings, some people put feelings before facts.

So if someone is saying something you don't like you owe it to yourself really to tell them to stop before you report them. People cannot change if you do not let them change.  You don't have to say please, you don't have to be nice.  You don't have to say anything before you report them, the TOS allows for that, however you should. There are alot of things in the world you don't have to do but you should do if you want to grow as a person.

this clip on youtube   called "modern educayshun"  poster neel kohatkar  speaks volumes

CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2267 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostGeel_Piet, on 12 January 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Some people are not toxic but you perceive them as such because their world view differs from yours and you are overly sensitive.

Some of the stuff typed into chat is so dumb it makes your head spin.  But some of that stuff is to provoke a response, and get people typing into chat, rather than flying.

Clever.

Azis_ #14 Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 807 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

I only use in battle chat to say hey to someone at start or to inform that I have lost control, black screen etc. unless I am flighted then I may chat a bit more but to my wingy. I do pay attention usually looking for some leading with some instruction as I would much rather cover than try to lead.

And if for what ever reason, bug or reported or...??? It hasn't got me yet.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users