Joystick bug

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:38 PM

Captain

• 47 battles

Grenoli posted this today

Block Quote

Grenoli # 15                                       Posted Today, Jan 11, 2019 - 11:13

Ml. lieutenant
Developer
609 fights 

Block Quote

_9IKyTeHoK_ (Jan 10, 2019 - 20:27) wrote:

Q. developers how to play this game?
A lot of people spoke about the loss of control after the revival!
Now in the battle for 10 lvl, two times in a row, all control has failed!
Moreover, after you specifically crash the plane (in order to regain control after the revival), there is no control over it again !!!!!
At level 10 it is very expensive !!!
Can someone compensate me for this ?????
Anti-advertising of your project in all its glory ....
hands down .............................................

A. What type of controls do you use? This is sometimes possible on a joystick, this problem is known, it is dealt with. As soon as there is a fix, add a patch.

RU WoWP forums source link

I thought I would let you guys know about this.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 11 January 2019 - 04:48 PM.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

_A_3_ #2 Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

PoliticallyIncorrectName #3 Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6960 battles
Only took them 3 weeks

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:13 AM

Captain

• 791 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPoliticallyIncorrectName, on 11 January 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Only took them 3 weeks

I get the feeling they're going to exhume the word SOON

...soon

and start using it liberally

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 12 January 2019 - 12:29 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

GonerNL #5 Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 824 battles
I don't believe it ... if they really had a fix, they should roll it out post-haste.
Flying on EU and NA server

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:08 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 616 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
Acknowledging the problem is good,It opens the door for possible compensation but I'll just be happy to have the game back to playable levels.

bradk62 #7 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3124 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

There was another thread on this.  I was able to restore my joystick by reinstalling wowp.  Someone advised me (CatainUnderpants????)_that he had done the same so I tried it the next day.  Has been working solid for three days.

I'm on Windows 10 so I just uninstalled the program from the control panel then added it back thru the game center.  Took about 2 hours, mostly for the download.  No issues.

Brad

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15333 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postbradk62, on 11 January 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

There was another thread on this.  I was able to restore my joystick by reinstalling wowp.  Someone advised me (CatainUnderpants????)_that he had done the same so I tried it the next day.  Has been working solid for three days.

I'm on Windows 10 so I just uninstalled the program from the control panel then added it back thru the game center.  Took about 2 hours, mostly for the download.  No issues.

Brad

Yes.  But I found out it only works for a few days.  Then you gotta do it again.  My first six battles in a row today had the deadstick again.  Six more days of the Xmas Patch!  I hope I can stand it.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

bradk62 #9 Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:05 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3124 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Sorry to hear.  Maybe they will have a perm fix soon.

Brad

I'll just start the reinstall every day - before I play.

Edited by bradk62, 12 January 2019 - 04:22 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15333 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

Yesterday I had to download the game again.  I had 22 battles and over half of them had the deadstick bug..My win rate was abysmal, around 40%.  But maybe that was just a coincidence?  It might be because I got real stoopider?

:unsure:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

bradk62 #11 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3124 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Last night I was 4 games into it when I got my first joystick lock-up.  Reinstalled then got another on the first flight. 

This is getting worse.  I was able once to get it back by unplugging and replugging my joystick. What's wierd is that I can't even switch to mouse and regain control.

Very random. Three evenings fine.  Awful evening last night.  Just wanted to finish a 10 token daily.  All I needed was a couple hundred XP and a win.  Took me over an hour and screwed up my WR and let down my team several times.  Had to return to hangar (first ever since 2.0) as I kept flying straight and level right into the center sector and get shot down and hurting my team.

Probably going to have to stand down until this is fixed.  Do we really think it will go away after the holiday patch?

Edited by bradk62, 12 January 2019 - 05:32 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15333 battles
  • [H_PUN] H_PUN

View Postbradk62, on 12 January 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

Last night I was 4 games into it when I got my first joystick lock-up.  Reinstalled then got another on the first flight. 

This is getting worse.  I was able once to get it back by unplugging and replugging my joystick. What's wierd is that I can't even switch to mouse and regain control.

Very random. Three evenings fine.  Awful evening last night.  Just wanted to finish a 10 token daily.  All I needed was a couple hundred XP and a win.  Took me over an hour and screwed up my WR and let down my team several times.  Had to return to hangar (first ever since 2.0) as I kept flying straight and level right into the center sector and get shot down and hurting my team.

Probably going to have to stand down until this is fixed.  Do we really think it will go away after the holiday patch?

I think it has to go away or they are going to lose a lot of players.  I wish I knew what % play with a joystick but it must be a sizeable fraction of the players.  The good news is we only have 4 & 1/2 days more of this to endure.  The bad news is we don't really know if the problems will cease then.

:hiding:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

bradk62 #13 Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3124 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 January 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

I think it has to go away or they are going to lose a lot of players.  I wish I knew what % play with a joystick but it must be a sizeable fraction of the players.  The good news is we only have 4 & 1/2 days more of this to endure.  The bad news is we don't really know if the problems will cease then.

:hiding:

I think the percentage of players using the joystick  is fairly small, hence WG's lackluster response on this.

I originally learned on mouse in the open beta test but slowly transitioned to joystick when I noted a high percentage of better players used it.  The flying was easier but the shooting took a long time to master.  I doubt many people put in the effort.  

Edited by bradk62, 12 January 2019 - 07:17 PM.

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2212 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View Postbradk62, on 12 January 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

I think the percentage of players using the joystick  is fairly small, hence WG's lackluster response on this.

I originally learned on mouse in the open beta test but slowly transitioned to joystick when I noted a high percentage of better players used it.  The flying was easier but the shooting took a long time to master.  I doubt many people put in the effort.  

All of the flight sims I ever played were better with joystick (+throttle+pedals).  But a few of the arcarde shooters just worked better with kb+mouse.  WoWP always seemed to work better for me kb+mouse, but the flight sims I still fly still need real controls.

Azis_ #15 Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 773 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Postbradk62, on 12 January 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

I think you would be surprised at least by some 1.9ers that might not be active.

Once you fly by the stick, you never go back. Many of us left, Disable joy and see how the pop goes.

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

Captain_Rownd #16 Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 822 battles
Rock'n the joystick since 1978

bradk62 #17 Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• 3124 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 13 January 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

All of the flight sims I ever played were better with joystick (+throttle+pedals).  But a few of the arcarde shooters just worked better with kb+mouse.  WoWP always seemed to work better for me kb+mouse, but the flight sims I still fly still need real controls.

I think it is a toss-up. 

The flying comes more natural for me with a Joystick but WOWP makes things pretty easy for kb/mouse users by just steering towards the aimpoint controlled by the mouse.  More traditional maneuvers like barrel rolls are harder but not necessarily needed for combat. 

The biggest problem with joystick flying is that your view is locked to the direction you planes is pointing (with the mouse, you can look over your shoulder while you are turning).

The joystick has look left, right, etc but the "look up" is messed up.  It looks like it is looking straight up in "earth" axis from below my plane and all I can see is my plane, not what is above me..   When I am in a high bank turn following  my target and he goes outside my straight ahead view, I would like to look up so I can see when he reverses bank before he goes zooming by forward view.  The old target camera used to provide this warning but it disappeared in 2.0.

Edited by bradk62, 14 January 2019 - 12:48 AM.

Captain_Rownd #18 Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 822 battles

View Postbradk62, on 14 January 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

The biggest problem with joystick flying is that your view is locked to the direction you planes is pointing (with the mouse, you can look over your shoulder while you are turning).

My HOTAS controllers have an analog thumbstick and multiple 8-way hats that could be used to pan the view, if such a simple thing was supported in the settings.  Instead the settings only allow snapping to orthogonal view directions, which is pretty much useless in practice since everything not in an orthogonal direction whips by in a blur when you use it. 

Azis_ #19 Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 773 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
The old mirror used to work very well and was even mostly realistic without the need to pan. Now I have learned to use the arrow, distance and such to do pretty much the same as old times. It still fails sometimes but not that often.
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

GonerNL #20 Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:39 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 824 battles

View Postbradk62, on 14 January 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

The joystick has look left, right, etc but the "look up" is messed up.  

Is there even a "look up" view on the hat switch in Wowp ??

In other (read real) sims you can look up through the cockpit roof to see where your target is, but here you would have to use the mouse for camera view.

There is a 'snap to target' but that only works for a target that has been in your sights, not planes you're following.

Flying on EU and NA server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

blindfoId